IGNORED

Warnock Gone

Maesknoll Red

18 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Yep, you’ve got a point there - the way opinions about personalities, and their alleged utterances, are placed on social media these days is very cringeworthy, especially regarding politics and issues such as climate change. It’s so easy to slag off opinions and standpoints and make judgements about people you’ve never met ...

Soon we are all going to be casting a vote to choose the next leader of this country. Most people have not met a candidate but are asked for their opinion.

Warnock has a pretty long list of misdemeanours to his name for which I feel free to judge him. I’ve no doubt he is charming company though. 

5 hours ago, Montpelierblue said:

You lot seem to be enjoying this. He’s a dying breed is sir Neil, another nail in the coffin of football as we once knew it.

it was time for him to go mind, like I said the other day, something has gone in him this season and it was last year that did it.

big decision for Tan, historically he’s got more wrong than right......

As I’ve stated elsewhere, having visited your stadium for the first time since you replaced Ninian Park, the whole experience was ‘drab’ to say the least & while that can’t entirely be down to Colin, your football certainly can’t of helped with getting the crowd excited or ‘up for it’!

There was no urgency from any of your players until about the last 5 minutes, once the realisation of defeat had struck home, literally Etheridge just ambled around time take every goal-kick / free-kick & he never played the ball out from the back once!! Everything was hoofed as far as he could kick it, like the team were instructed that while the ball was as high in the air as possible, Bristol City couldn’t score! It was a real throwback to the 70’s / 80’s style of football & I know Colin has made a living out of this style of football but while football has developed, Colin & Cardiff haven’t & this seemed to filter down to your fans as they just seemed asleep / bored with the whole matchday experience!

Having experienced many Ninian Park away days, I was coming expecting the old skool intimidation days but there was nothing! And I guess having put up with that ‘football’ for 3+ years, it has knocked the will to live out of most of your supporters? Like I said, the whole experience can’t be blamed on Colin, moving & playing in a Lego stadium can’t help things but the club has duty to entertain their customers & if I had to put up with watching that for any real length of time, my enthusiasm may well of struggled to appear!

But moving forward, I guess this gives Cardiff the opportunity to move into the 21st century (football wise) but with that squad & a real possibility of sanctions being in place after the dreadful Sala situation, will you be able to bring the club into the 21st century? Or will you stagnate further by giving the position to a Pulis / Holloway type of manager? This next appointment is massive for Cardiff City Football Club & while there’s nothing I like more than seeing a ‘rival’ struggling, this appointment could have further implications because if your ‘illustrious leader’ Tan makes another mess of things, a 2nd or 3rd mutiny could be on the horizon!

I will certainly be watching with some anticipation!

8 hours ago, Montpelierblue said:

You lot seem to be enjoying this. He’s a dying breed is sir Neil, another nail in the coffin of football as we once knew it.

it was time for him to go mind, like I said the other day, something has gone in him this season and it was last year that did it.

big decision for Tan, historically he’s got more wrong than right......

We can but hope . 
:yes:

Love him or hate him no one can deny that Warnock had a fantastic record of promotions with unfancied clubs .

He will be missed as much by the clubs he’s managed as those who love to hate him. 

8 hours ago, Robbored said:

I have met a Holloway twice,.

He’s 100% Bristolian and very proud of it. Likeable guy, amusing and witty. Both were  at a presentation do’s of some sort and he was the guest speaker. 
Chatted afterwards and concluded that he’s a thoroughly decent bloke.

But just a tad deluded

4 hours ago, Tipps69 said:

As I’ve stated elsewhere, having visited your stadium for the first time since you replaced Ninian Park, the whole experience was ‘drab’ to say the least & while that can’t entirely be down to Colin, your football certainly can’t of helped with getting the crowd excited or ‘up for it’!

There was no urgency from any of your players until about the last 5 minutes, once the realisation of defeat had struck home, literally Etheridge just ambled around time take every goal-kick / free-kick & he never played the ball out from the back once!! Everything was hoofed as far as he could kick it, like the team were instructed that while the ball was as high in the air as possible, Bristol City couldn’t score! It was a real throwback to the 70’s / 80’s style of football & I know Colin has made a living out of this style of football but while football has developed, Colin & Cardiff haven’t & this seemed to filter down to your fans as they just seemed asleep / bored with the whole matchday experience!

Having experienced many Ninian Park away days, I was coming expecting the old skool intimidation days but there was nothing! And I guess having put up with that ‘football’ for 3+ years, it has knocked the will to live out of most of your supporters? Like I said, the whole experience can’t be blamed on Colin, moving & playing in a Lego stadium can’t help things but the club has duty to entertain their customers & if I had to put up with watching that for any real length of time, my enthusiasm may well of struggled to appear!

But moving forward, I guess this gives Cardiff the opportunity to move into the 21st century (football wise) but with that squad & a real possibility of sanctions being in place after the dreadful Sala situation, will you be able to bring the club into the 21st century? Or will you stagnate further by giving the position to a Pulis / Holloway type of manager? This next appointment is massive for Cardiff City Football Club & while there’s nothing I like more than seeing a ‘rival’ struggling, this appointment could have further implications because if your ‘illustrious leader’ Tan makes another mess of things, a 2nd or 3rd mutiny could be on the horizon!

I agree about the malaise of our players, no urgency, particularly Etheridge who has been woeful. Smithies is better but Warnock dropped him. As for atmosphere at the Lego stadium, it was decent last year and got us through games to win many games at home, likewise in the promotion year too. I’m sure you recall Neil’s first game for us? Beating you lot 2-1 was it? Losing his last one v you too....crazy stuff. My point being, it wasn’t so subdued first game. But something has gone, we needed a change.

we made over 200 million from Sky alone in the last 18 months, I hear we are almost debt free now. Tan wants to concentrate on youth also I hope with bellers comments last week in the Times ringing in his ears no doubt. I hope to god this is true as Bellamys youth won their league.  If we turn to Flynn at Newport I’ll be gutted as it will be more if the same drivel.

8 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

No need to apologise, and giving an opinion isn’t being ‘triggered’ - that’s just one of those pathetic ‘woke’ terms ...

No negative connotations intended from that word.

I happen to agree with your past posts as far as Warnock is concerned.

9 hours ago, RedRock said:

.. but generally speaking they’ve been ‘toilet’ to start with.

His ability to work with limited resources and, in a short time period, deliver promotion on a consistent basis is something that should be respected.

There are very, very few Chairman in football that has the patience of Steve Lansdown to allow a manager to deliver promotion the ‘right way’.

Frankly, since that Man Utd result nobody could say our own brand of football has been anything to write home about. Indeed, for the majority of the time it has been bland, boring shite tbh. 

Oh, I only said it to utilise that terrible pun. I actually like the bloke - and like you said, our football isn't exactly Brazil 1970

9 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Neil Warnock has played his well-rehearsed media game for decades, he loves it, he has always been determined to deflect attention away from his players and bad performances by deliberately saying controversial things in interviews and watching journos lap it up.

He marched into a press conference at Ashton Gate with a copy of The Bristol Post under his arm and just read out LJ quotes from it and talked about how our manager/head coach was inexperienced and raw. Totally deflected the questions, very skilful.

I don’t claim to know Neil Warnock well, but throughout my working career I’ve met him a couple of times. When he’s relaxed, away from the spotlight with a beer in his hand, he’s a top bloke. He genuinely has affection for Bristol City, he thinks we are a club that deserves to be at the top. He has always admired Steve Lansdown and his plan to get City amongst the elite. He also made it quite clear that he has always wanted the chance to manage our club.

He has a great sense of humour and loves the fact that his well-rehearsed, tried and tested media antics wind up so many people (such as yourself) - he can’t believe how many fall for it and get angry at him, but that is exactly the reaction he craves, because it means he’s done his job perfectly. He takes the pressure off his players over and over and over and over again, but people still fall for it! 

Neil has gone through hell in his private life but he has still managed to cope with it whilst returning to football management and has delivered unrivalled success - averaging one promotion every four seasons over a 33 year management career. Unbelievable track record, yet lots who’ve never met him feel qualified to call him a “horrible person” ...

You could tell from his pre-match interview that he likes our club and has always enjoyed his matches v us. I’d also like to know what he said to LJ when they shook hands before kick off; he had LJ in stitches. My vote is for: ‘Lee, I heard in your interview in the week that you like me. It must be time for me to retire!’

Most managers could learn from Warnock on how to get promoted with average budgets.

8 hours ago, Northern Red said:

Warnock could take a giant shit in the centre circle at AG and you'd still get people on here queuing up to say what a top bloke he is.

Indeed. 

For me there are too many people these days who feel cheating is part of the game and that football is little more than pantomime. If that floats your boat I'd suggest WWE wrestling. 

Football today stands out like a sore thumb against just about every other sport. No integrity, abuse of officials, constant whining from misinformed ex-players. It has become anti-sport. There isn't another sport like it for being so far up its own back passage. 

1 hour ago, Montpelierblue said:

I agree about the malaise of our players, no urgency, particularly Etheridge who has been woeful. Smithies is better but Warnock dropped him. As for atmosphere at the Lego stadium, it was decent last year and got us through games to win many games at home, likewise in the promotion year too. I’m sure you recall Neil’s first game for us? Beating you lot 2-1 was it? Losing his last one v you too....crazy stuff. My point being, it wasn’t so subdued first game. But something has gone, we needed a change.

we made over 200 million from Sky alone in the last 18 months, I hear we are almost debt free now. Tan wants to concentrate on youth also I hope with bellers comments last week in the Times ringing in his ears no doubt. I hope to god this is true as Bellamys youth won their league.  If we turn to Flynn at Newport I’ll be gutted as it will be more if the same drivel.

I guess there was only so much dinosaur football that the locals could take & I think it’s always easier to get behind your team when you are playing against the best & are seen as the underdogs where as now being back down in The Championship, expectations were / are probably for you to have a more exciting go at things with the hope of bouncing straight back up & while it’s great to have £200m, I’m pretty sure it would of been hoped / expected that some of it would of been reinvested in the players to allow you that decent challenge? Which from the outside it doesn’t really seem to of been the case although I suppose it’s easy for us to say, knowing that we’ve probably had the best out of two of your summer signings while we have signed better players for the way we play.

I don’t know how many season tickets you’ve sold but 23k for Sunday wasn’t bad but it was just so quiet, I didn’t even hear a rendition of your national anthem as a way of coming back at us, there was nothing from the natives & that would be a disappointment to me if I had anything to do with your football club.

But this is a massive next instalment in Cardiff’s history & could be a sign of which direction Cardiff are to go in for the foreseeable future, Bellamy & youth or Pulis (for example) & more dinosaur football? I know which I’d prefer if I was one of you.........

58 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

Indeed. 

For me there are too many people these days who feel cheating is part of the game and that football is little more than pantomime. If that floats your boat I'd suggest WWE wrestling. 

Football today stands out like a sore thumb against just about every other sport. No integrity, abuse of officials, constant whining from misinformed ex-players. It has become anti-sport. There isn't another sport like it for being so far up its own back passage. 

And yet we can’t leave it to it’s morbid destiny . 

6 hours ago, Tipps69 said:

I too was lucky enough to be at Ninian Park when City won 1-3 and what an atmosphere back then ,but don’t kid yourself Ashton Gate has much of one since the redevelopment.

As for the keeper hoofing it I don’t recall Bentley playing out from the back very often on Sunday,would imagine those were his instructions given that’s how we normally try to play.

As for stagnating,didn’t Cardiff just spend a year in the Premiership?  Whether or not you want to be in the “ promised land “or not ,at least  they’ve experienced it in the last few decades!

29 minutes ago, Peter1450 said:

I too was lucky enough to be at Ninian Park when City won 1-3 and what an atmosphere back then ,but don’t kid yourself Ashton Gate has much of one since the redevelopment.

As for the keeper hoofing it I don’t recall Bentley playing out from the back very often on Sunday,would imagine those were his instructions given that’s how we normally try to play.

As for stagnating,didn’t Cardiff just spend a year in the Premiership?  Whether or not you want to be in the “ promised land “or not ,at least  they’ve experienced it in the last few decades!

Oh I get that but I would hope that if we had spent a year in The Premier League & come back down, we’d be hoping to give it another go to get back up there straight away, as Burnley / WBA did previously. But instead this season, Cardiff have just kind of sat there & let’s not be under pretence that The Championship has any real quality this season because it doesn’t, so with a lot of money in the bank & a team that was strong enough to put up a fight last season, I’d hope for more from them (if I was a Cardiff fan).

And I’m more than aware of our own shortcomings regarding atmosphere at the Gate but even during drab games we have a bit of noise from the stands but Sunday there wasn’t even a rendition of their own national anthem! The loudest they got was when they thought Flint should of had a penalty!

2 hours ago, Tipps69 said:

I guess there was only so much dinosaur football that the locals could take & I think it’s always easier to get behind your team when you are playing against the best & are seen as the underdogs where as now being back down in The Championship, expectations were / are probably for you to have a more exciting go at things with the hope of bouncing straight back up & while it’s great to have £200m, I’m pretty sure it would of been hoped / expected that some of it would of been reinvested in the players to allow you that decent challenge? Which from the outside it doesn’t really seem to of been the case although I suppose it’s easy for us to say, knowing that we’ve probably had the best out of two of your summer signings while we have signed better players for the way we play.

I don’t know how many season tickets you’ve sold but 23k for Sunday wasn’t bad but it was just so quiet, I didn’t even hear a rendition of your national anthem as a way of coming back at us, there was nothing from the natives & that would be a disappointment to me if I had anything to do with your football club.

But this is a massive next instalment in Cardiff’s history & could be a sign of which direction Cardiff are to go in for the foreseeable future, Bellamy & youth or Pulis (for example) & more dinosaur football? I know which I’d prefer if I was one of you.........

Warnock kept saying last year he bought bobby Reid and Murphy (20 million ish) to have a go in the PL but also to give us  a good option should we go back down. When he played them they did well but he hardly gave them any chances and Reid went to Fulham for 10 million after loan and Murphy has lost it. If we had those two alone and had maybe bought camerasa who was quality instead of flint and the woeful German glatzel (10 million wasted on both instead) I reckon we’d be right up there, partic with a new foreword thinking boss. Instead we are left with poor signing by Neil and a team bereft of confidence.

neil also let Harris going to sheff weds, he had tonnes of pace and is doing very well there. 

So many errors in mgt. it’s why he had to go. 

Please not Neil Harris......??

1 hour ago, Montpelierblue said:

Warnock kept saying last year he bought bobby Reid and Murphy (20 million ish) to have a go in the PL but also to give us  a good option should we go back down. When he played them they did well but he hardly gave them any chances and Reid went to Fulham for 10 million after loan and Murphy has lost it. If we had those two alone and had maybe bought camerasa who was quality instead of flint and the woeful German glatzel (10 million wasted on both instead) I reckon we’d be right up there, partic with a new foreword thinking boss. Instead we are left with poor signing by Neil and a team bereft of confidence.

neil also let Harris going to sheff weds, he had tonnes of pace and is doing very well there. 

So many errors in mgt. it’s why he had to go. 

Please not Neil Harris......??

if not Harris, who would you like to take over?  I see Hughton on the list but I thought I read somewhere recently he’s after a Premier League role (he appears to have done well wherever he’s gone though, then gets shafted when the clubs he’s been at get delusions of grandeur)

19 hours ago, Robbored said:

Never met Colin but have met Holloway twice. Very decent bloke. No edge to him at all. When I told him that I’m a SC holder at AG and a life long City fan he  simply said ‘every club has loyal fans like you’  I liked him.

Well, I also have personal experience of meeting Holloway, and I’ll firmly stand by my comment that he’s a *** 

4 minutes ago, Harry said:

Well, I also have personal experience of meeting Holloway, and I’ll firmly stand by my comment that he’s a *** 

I've mentioned this before on here but I've met both of them.

IH was an absolute belter once he knew I was a red (playing to the crowd in a local pub) while Neil Warnock, who I met on holiday in Looe years ago, was a total gentleman and even bought me a coffee and my kids (little at the time) an ice cream. He was really very pleasant and extremely relaxed. Nice bloke away from football, seemingly. Well he was when I had the pleasure of meeting him. 

The height of his ranting must have been when he was at the stripey nigels with that strange orange chairman. I can still see him dancing around on the touchline with his hands cupped to his eyeballs. We have history going back to 2008 & the play offs with that clown and considering all of the patronising jibes directed to LJ it must still rankle with Widow Twanky.

He couldn't even be gracious in defeat not even for one last time on Sunday so I am glad that he started his sojourn with the taffs beating us & we finish his career off with a whimper.

He may be a nice bloke away from football but he was a complete and utter bell end in it especially with the type of ante football he liked to play.

In a work environment someone is not paid to be liked, but to be successful.

Warnock was successful, as evidenced by the number promotions he achieved during his career. In his working persona he played football's pantomime dame, often as a means of deflecting attention away from his players, as do many top managers. He is one of the last "old school" managers, with methods and footballing style that would probably not find favour at many top clubs these days, but that still cannot detract from what he has achieved, much as though , as City fans, it pains to say so, as we love to hate him.

The fact the is probably a really nice guy away from football would not surprise me.  He is playing a role as a football manager, but away from work is probably the real Neil Warnock and given the challenges he has in his personal life he deserves a happy retirement.

Archived