IGNORED

Warnock Gone

Maesknoll Red

On 12/11/2019 at 22:44, Montpelierblue said:

You don’t half know a lot about Cardiff city, are you a secret bluebird?

@Montpelierblue

He might not be but I could be. With a Welsh father from Tonypandy who took me to Ninian in 1950 for a derby against Swansea TOWN. Also took me to the Arms Park. Hence why I support Wales rugby.

And at least three games a season for the next five or six years. I could name the team that played when you were in the First Division then. Saw the top sides like Wolves, Pompey who won First Div in 1949 & 1950, Tottenham and Blackpool with Stan Matthews.

Dad and I always wanted Bristol City to win against you, and for me it's a very close second to beating the other lot in north Bristol.

5 hours ago, Oh Louie louie said:

Not so long ago they were lucky to get 6000.

Infact that was a good gate for them.

True fact in the 90’s, worst period in our history. We got 23000 ST holders this season which is pretty good I think, clearly they are not all showing up and who can blame them. Hearing Bellamy might be having an interview now which I’d take all day long over Neil “cheap going nowhere option’ Harris. He will bring through the youth and play decent football like the u18’s he left a few weeks ago still do. Rumours they can beat our first team....:laugh:

2 hours ago, cidered abroad said:

@Montpelierblue

He might not be but I could be. With a Welsh father from Tonypandy who took me to Ninian in 1950 for a derby against Swansea TOWN. Also took me to the Arms Park. Hence why I support Wales rugby.

And at least three games a season for the next five or six years. I could name the team that played when you were in the First Division then. Saw the top sides like Wolves, Pompey who won First Div in 1949 & 1950, Tottenham and Blackpool with Stan Matthews.

Dad and I always wanted Bristol City to win against you, and for me it's a very close second to beating the other lot in north Bristol.

Most people I know always looked east to you lot for rivalry, the jacks and Newport were always looked at as a sort of annoying little brother who you never gave any thought about until you had too. Bristol City however, tended to often be with us or possibly a league above us so you naturally want to eclipse that. Also a bigger wealthier city that always seemed to do better in all other aspects. I believe this gap has narrowed in the last 20 years along with a growing rivalry on the pitch as we’ve often been above you. I still hope for that Severn estuary barrage to be built between Cardiff bay and Bristol area, free electricity and a 20 minute drive between two top cities.....it will happen one day......

On 13/11/2019 at 15:00, Oh Louie louie said:

Who would you put your money on getting cardiff into the top 6?

Neil harris or warnock?

I can see mr tan regretting this in the long run.

He sure will. I reckon Harris will be gone by April. Shocking decision really. Tan clearly doesn’t care about getting back up, doesn’t care about money either, maybe he has too much?  In a poll on one of our sites I think only 2% of fans wanted Harris so what does the board do?  Going back to the bad old red days almost......clueless 

I don’t think it’s an appointment that exactly inspires confidence, especially at a club freshly out of the Premier League & arguably in a much better financial position than when they went up!

Having put up with a few years of ‘Warnock football’, if I was a Cardiff fan (which luckily I’m not) I would be hoping for someone to bring a bit of excitement back to the club & Harris wouldn’t be top of that list, he doesn’t inspire me as someone who is going to play attacking football or be able to bring in exciting footballers, he’s built his teams around big old fashioned centre-halves & work horse midfielders & his aim has always seemed to be to stop the opposition from scoring, which I know is a sound foundation to build from but he’s very rarely had any ideas of what to do if his team has gone a goal down or more apart from to send on a Morrison / Matt Smith type sub on to try & rescue things, very similar to Warnock!

He had a good few years at Millwall but never really seemed to have a plan for the future, never really seemed to build on previous seasons. Would I be pleased if Harris was lined-up to take over from LJ? Nope, definitely not, there has to be better options out there, even if you are only looking at the out of work options out there.

Am I happy that Cardiff have employed him? Definitely!

57 minutes ago, Tipps69 said:

I don’t think it’s an appointment that exactly inspires confidence, especially at a club freshly out of the Premier League & arguably in a much better financial position than when they went up!

Having put up with a few years of ‘Warnock football’, if I was a Cardiff fan (which luckily I’m not) I would be hoping for someone to bring a bit of excitement back to the club & Harris wouldn’t be top of that list, he doesn’t inspire me as someone who is going to play attacking football or be able to bring in exciting footballers, he’s built his teams around big old fashioned centre-halves & work horse midfielders & his aim has always seemed to be to stop the opposition from scoring, which I know is a sound foundation to build from but he’s very rarely had any ideas of what to do if his team has gone a goal down or more apart from to send on a Morrison / Matt Smith type sub on to try & rescue things, very similar to Warnock!

He had a good few years at Millwall but never really seemed to have a plan for the future, never really seemed to build on previous seasons. Would I be pleased if Harris was lined-up to take over from LJ? Nope, definitely not, there has to be better options out there, even if you are only looking at the out of work options out there.

Am I happy that Cardiff have employed him? Definitely!

Putting up with Warnock football sucks

Runners up in championship behind a great Wolves team followed be a season in the prem

Yep really sucks

4 minutes ago, Maltshoveller said:

Putting up with Warnock football sucks

Runners up in championship behind a great Wolves team followed be a season in the prem

Yep really sucks

Putting up with his constant boring football & whining really sucks & despite all your positives for him, he’s managed to take the club backwards & given them very little to look forward to.

I know which club I’d rather be backing.

Archived