IGNORED

At home with Josh Brownhill.

Tipps69

18 hours ago, barrington said:

Wow you could watch that and literally stalk the guy. A stranger can watch that and know exactly where he lives, his room layout, what time he goes to work, where he eats etc. 
Enjoyed it though but can’t help but they should give that some thought, some nutters out there 

Given that he lives at the top of the Anchorage building, I think he’s pretty safe.

Case in point, during the summer when the squad was in Florida I was cycling past Josh’s building at like 22:30 (on me way to the gym) and there was a black ford parked outside the garage to the flats. As I approached from behind they hastily drove off, only getting as far as the bridge into town by the M Shed. As I passed them there I saw 4 plonkers all sat in there with balaclavas, they’d obviously seen from his IG where he lived and that he was away but hadn’t taken into account A) The difficulty of getting into a building like that (that even has its own security firm on call) and B) The fact that the building is situated in an area that’s rarely deserted. These thieves aren’t the brightest tbh. 

10 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

“Any hobbies Josh?”

“Nah.”

kinda disappointed with his plain his apartment was. Still, suppose he’s just a kid. 

When my late partner moved in with me she rented her house out to a City player.  I had to go and do a landlord's inspection and, like you, I was struck by how unhomely it was.  Great selection of trainers though! 

14 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

“Any hobbies Josh?”

“Nah.”

kinda disappointed with his plain his apartment was. Still, suppose he’s just a kid. 

Probably why so many players end up falling off the rails. Loads of free time, plenty of disposable and little to keep them amused.

And if they are spending a huge amount of time on their own, it's no wonder they get bored.

18 hours ago, barrington said:

Wow you could watch that and literally stalk the guy. A stranger can watch that and know exactly where he lives, his room layout, what time he goes to work, where he eats etc. 
Enjoyed it though but can’t help but they should give that some thought, some nutters out there 

Out there - there's on few on here, as I was telling my cousin, Napoleon Bonaparte, earlier today! :shocking:

49 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

I know it's central Bristol, but I'm surprised by how small the flat is given his salary. 

Reminds me of the flat me and the wife rented when we first got together. I was earning £11k a year and she got - I think - £8K. 

I suppose the thing is... the bigger the place is  the more you have to tidy or the bigger mess one can make 

54 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

I know it's central Bristol, but I'm surprised by how small the flat is given his salary. 

Reminds me of the flat me and the wife rented when we first got together. I was earning £11k a year and she got - I think - £8K. 

When you live by yourself as a young guy it's all about location. No point having an empty massive house away from your favourite restaurants. 

1 minute ago, Selred said:

When you live by yourself as a young guy it's all about location. No point having an empty massive house away from your favourite restaurants. 

The bedroom(s) looked particularly poky though. 

Get a bigger gaff, Josh. You might get your gf to move in with you then - assuming that's what you want! :cool2:

9 minutes ago, miketh2nd said:

I suppose the thing is... the bigger the place is  the more you have to tidy or the bigger mess one can make 

I wouldn't have thought a cleaner would be out of his budget.

In fact, he probably has one already. That flat was suspiciously spic and span for a bloke living alone. 

4 hours ago, RedM said:

I was wondering that. They are lived in by so many of our players over the past couple of seasons it can’t be just a coincidence they are empty when we sign someone.

3 hours ago, Drew Peacock said:

I suspect they are rented.  I believe City use an agency to sort all this stuff out, or they used to, so that if a flat becomes vacant they can just slot another player in it. 

It’s not unusual for a player to buy a place, and then leave the club, and then rent it to an existing / new player.

6 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

Are these appartements owned by the club ?

Wouldn't surprise me if SL owned through Pula or something. SL is very shrewd when it comes to finances so its possible there is some sort of benefit to the club by having this arrangement. Something like being paid slightly less for the books which helps with FFP but not having to pay to rent the place. don't know how legal that is but suspect there is some sort of arrangement to that effect which is done legally. 

2 hours ago, Red-Robbo said:

His flat would’ve been about £450k easily as well which is the scary thing. 

1 hour ago, Red-Robbo said:

I wouldn't have thought a cleaner would be out of his budget.

In fact, he probably has one already. That flat was suspiciously spic and span for a bloke living alone. 

Yes very true ... although personally I would never get a cleaner even if I was rich as cleaning is very theraputic . 

39 minutes ago, petehinton said:

His flat would’ve been about £450k easily as well which is the scary thing. 

He probably doesn’t need anything too big, if it’s just him and his “missus’.  And if he’s got any sense, he won’t want to tie up all his money in the property he lives in.

3 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

Probably why so many players end up falling off the rails. Loads of free time, plenty of disposable and little to keep them amused.

And if they are spending a huge amount of time on their own, it's no wonder they get bored.

I guess many 'normal' people might go to the gym or play sport in their spare time, well he isn't going to do that I guess.

Maybe the fact that his flat is a bit basic is that he is hardly ever there perhaps, just a place to sleep and eat occasionally?

4 hours ago, RedM said:

I guess many 'normal' people might go to the gym or play sport in their spare time, well he isn't going to do that I guess.

Maybe the fact that his flat is a bit basic is that he is hardly ever there perhaps, just a place to sleep and eat occasionally?

I did think he could make it a little more homely to make him feel even more settled, basic things like hanging the pictures on the wall etc.

Archived