IGNORED

At home with Josh Brownhill.

Tipps69

6 hours ago, petehinton said:

His flat would’ve been about £450k easily as well which is the scary thing. 

I'm so sad I looked up rentals online. You can get a flat in that building for £900pcm.

5 hours ago, miketh2nd said:

Yes very true ... although personally I would never get a cleaner even if I was rich as cleaning is very theraputic . 

Not after you've had the lads round for a a late night poker game.    Er, so I understand...   :crying:

17 hours ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Just seen Rovers have launched their own competitor series.

We managed to get our hands on a sneak preview of episode one: 

Squalid & Dark with Ollie Clarke!

ad_1582260491.jpg?quality=90&strip=all&z

If you zoom into the rubbish pile (not sure what beyond morbid curiosity made me do it but bare with me), you will see a magazine with what looks like the rather ironic heading of 'Clearout'.

Here's hoping Ollie used this as inspiration to finally get some help for his propensity to hoard and live in utter shite.

14 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

I often wonder who was the first man to milk a cow and what he thought he was doing . 

Exactly major, how many other unsuspecting animals were "milked" before someone was thought "well these are all shit" I wonder what that ruddy great cow's milk will be like? 

On 11/11/2019 at 21:55, barrington said:

Yeah I hear you, I’m probably the only person thinking that. I remember hearing a story about a fan hiding in a players house that wanted an autograph but hid in a cupboard for hours! 

“I’m the only one thinking it.”

Heard a story about ‘a fan’ hiding in a cupboard

Suggest you turn yourself in mate before things get out of hand 

?

15 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Don’t think so, Taylor Moore has just bought my mate’s brother’s flat - all his own dosh - the guy who sold it to him is an ardent gashead so he politely declined Taylor’s offer of free match tickets ...

I don’t believe one excludes the other.

This is not communist Russia, players can rent or buy as they please.

44 minutes ago, AshtonGreat said:

Guess we'll never know why he uses cashew milk. 

It’s almond milk not cashew . Does that help ? 

18 hours ago, Red-Robbo said:

I wouldn't have thought a cleaner would be out of his budget.

In fact, he probably has one already. That flat was suspiciously spic and span for a bloke living alone. 

To be fair I’m hardly the cleanest person around but if a TV crew was coming round to film me in my house, even I’d probably run the hoover round and wash a couple of table tops down.

15 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Don’t think so, Taylor Moore has just bought my mate’s brother’s flat - all his own dosh - the guy who sold it to him is an ardent gashead so he politely declined Taylor’s offer of free match tickets ...

I don’t think the players are obliged to live there, it’s just that several have when they first arrive. Josh obviously likes it whist others have chosen to rent to buy elsewhere, Portishead is the other popular choice. Is probably a good base to get your bearings and more settling than a hotel. 

23 minutes ago, grifty said:

To be fair I’m hardly the cleanest person around but if a TV crew was coming round to film me in my house, even I’d probably run the hoover round and wash a couple of table tops down.

Looked more like a show flat though. Maybe he's just very minimalist.

35 minutes ago, exAtyeoMax said:

I had to watch it again to make sure! I'd never heard of cashew milk before either. 

Nut/plant based milk is huge here in California - soy milk, oat milk, cashew milk, almond milk, macadamia, coconut, hemp, rice. So is going to plant based diets in sports (like he mentioned he is trying) couple of NFL teams and a few in hockey have gone to completely plant based diets looking for marginal gains.

27 minutes ago, BCFC Richard said:

Nut/plant based milk is huge here in California - soy milk, oat milk, cashew milk, almond milk, macadamia, coconut, hemp, rice. So is going to plant based diets in sports (like he mentioned he is trying) couple of NFL teams and a few in hockey have gone to completely plant based diets looking for marginal gains.

I used to have rice milk, then soya and then almond. I did like them on cereal or porridge but not in tea. I love cashews so sounds like a nice option to try.

21 hours ago, Red-Robbo said:

I'm so sad I looked up rentals online. You can get a flat in that building for £900pcm.

Not after you've had the lads round for a a late night poker game.    Er, so I understand...   :crying:

Aye the cheapest ones around around that. His is top floor, 2 bed facing the water though, those ones are eye watering amount given how small they are!

On 12/11/2019 at 13:14, Sir Colby-Tit said:

It was interesting to hear that JB has ditched animal products from his diet, no doubt Ashley Williams was an influence in this (who reckons it has improved his performance levels). 

Yep well done Josh for having a go at ditching animal products, and joining people like Ashley, Patrik Baboumian and Lewis Hamilton, in switching to a Vegan diet .......it's a smart move, as a great documentary produced by Arnie Schwarzenegger, ,Gamechangers,  proves.

38 minutes ago, maxjak said:

Yep well done Josh for having a go at ditching animal products, and joining people like Ashley, Patrik Baboumian and Lewis Hamilton, in switching to a Vegan diet .......it's a smart move, as a great documentary produced by Arnie Schwarzenegger, ,Gamechangers,  proves.

I think Hamilton switched two years ago and tbf he has taken his racing to the next level. People think racing drivers just get in the car and drive, people dont realise the physical training that goes into it, the training is up there with any of the training that top athletes do. 

I've tried some vegan food from time to time, I dont dislike it but I dont like it like I do with meat. I do wonder how much of the gains are based on the diet or does one get some sort of placebo effect from switching to vegan?

7 hours ago, Up The City! said:

I think Hamilton switched two years ago and tbf he has taken his racing to the next level. People think racing drivers just get in the car and drive, people dont realise the physical training that goes into it, the training is up there with any of the training that top athletes do. 

I've tried some vegan food from time to time, I dont dislike it but I dont like it like I do with meat. I do wonder how much of the gains are based on the diet or does one get some sort of placebo effect from switching to vegan?

Placebo!...........Watch Gamechangers, and then offer up that opinion.  I am sorry but all evidence is to the contrary, and i find your view typical of a person who has not done proper research.  However your totally right abour Hamilton, he is an exceptional athlete. and in his interviews he doesn't put this down to the placebo effects of a vegan diet, neither does the nutrionist he employs?

7 hours ago, Up The City! said:

I haven't eaten meat for 23 years, for ethical and health reasons, but have eaten fish and dairy in that period. I've now cut out dairy and only eat fish occasionally and feel better for it. 

I've done a fair amount of research and the evidence seems pretty clear that a plant based diet is optimal in terms of health, longevity and disease prevention. 

Whether it's optimal for athletic performance is probably still up for debate, but I wouldn't bet against it. 

On ‎12‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 08:17, BRISTOL86 said:

Just seen Rovers have launched their own competitor series.

We managed to get our hands on a sneak preview of episode one: 

Squalid & Dark with Ollie Clarke!

ad_1582260491.jpg?quality=90&strip=all&z

ad_1582260601.jpg?quality=90&strip=all&z

ad_1582260551.jpg?quality=90&strip=all&z

Next week - Utter Shitole with Mark Little!

Don't forget the following week will be cockman's caravan "oi loike to pitch it up anywhere oi can do some tarmacking."

Archived