IGNORED

Ashton Gate Summer Gigs (Merged)

Bristol Rob

1 hour ago, RedM said:

Coldplay, The Killers and Petshop Boys would do me for starters. Seen all them though so maybe someone new. 

No,No aannnndd No thanks

56 minutes ago, Crackers Corner said:

Foo fighters would be nice.

Interesting.

26 minutes ago, ever-red said:

Madness

Not seen them for 35 years or so, I guess they might sell it out . 

The one I really wanted to see was Nick Cave, and Cardiff sorted that for me. 

Radiohead , just looked and Thom Yorke is doing a solo tour with gaps may/June ,

Fleetwood Mac , this would be great for the Mrs, and better than Rick Astley I had to agree to see.

Liam and Weller double header . Weller's dates end on June 1st and LG has nothing up just yet.

1 hour ago, Northern Red said:

Last league home game for the rugby is 29th May. Add a couple of weeks on top of that if they're in the playoffs and get a home tie.

Thank you. Timings could be pretty tight then as they like the pitch back as soon as possible to prepare for the next season.

1 minute ago, 1960maaan said:

No,No aannnndd No thanks

Interesting.

Radiohead , just looked and Thom Yorke is doing a solo tour with gaps may/June ,

Fleetwood Mac , this would be great for the Mrs, and better than Rick Astley I had to agree to see.

Liam and Weller double header . Weller's dates end on June 1st and LG has nothing up just yet.

Ha ha.

Madness have done smaller venues like the cricket ground etc over the past few years, AG would be miles too big for them. We need guaranteed sell out bands or solo artists. I saw them for the first time at Glastonbury a few years ago, they were ok but I think I should have just just left them in my past memories.

Fleetwood Mac are very expensive, that’s the reason why Glastonbury won’t get them. They want a lot of money to perform and Michael Eavis won’t pay it. I would be very popular and sell out AG but ticket prices would be huge I think.

6 minutes ago, RedM said:

Fleetwood Mac are very expensive, that’s the reason why Glastonbury won’t get them. They want a lot of money to perform and Michael Eavis won’t pay it. I would be very popular and sell out AG but ticket prices would be huge I think.

I know, Mrs loves them and I did look at tickets for Wembley. I think the cheapest was around £160 each.  But as you say, they would sell the place out.

2 minutes ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

Green Day will do.

I'd go to that.

22 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

No,No aannnndd No thanks

Interesting.

Can't see Noel being happy with that! :nono:

19 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

I know, Mrs loves them and I did look at tickets for Wembley. I think the cheapest was around £160 each.  But as you say, they would sell the place out.

I'd go to that.

If you are FM fans then you can do a lot worse than checkout Rumours of Fleetwood Mac. Amazing tribute band and they do the whole catalogue from the early Peter Green days.

Well worth seeing ?

6 minutes ago, Frenchay Red said:

If you are FM fans then you can do a lot worse than checkout Rumours of Fleetwood Mac. Amazing tribute band and they do the whole catalogue from the early Peter Green days.

Well worth seeing ?

I'll keep an eye out for them. I like the Peter Green era, and the Mrs likes the later stuff. 

45 minutes ago, RedM said:

Ha ha.

Madness have done smaller venues like the cricket ground etc over the past few years, AG would be miles too big for them. We need guaranteed sell out bands or solo artists. I saw them for the first time at Glastonbury a few years ago, they were ok but I think I should have just just left them in my past memories.

Fleetwood Mac aren’t the same without Lindsey Buckingham. Wait for the inevitable return.

7 minutes ago, WarksRobin said:

Fleetwood Mac aren’t the same without Lindsey Buckingham. Wait for the inevitable return.

Thought they were very very good at Wembley this year, the 2 from Crowded house fitted in very well. £90 per ticket I paid but we were top tier, lower you went dearer the tickets. 

23 minutes ago, Frenchay Red said:

Well worth seeing ?

Could not agree more - for £30 a ticket they are outstanding value for money. 

I saw the proper Mac a few years ago in Birmingham and left very disappointed. Saw Rumours last year and I would say they were everything I wanted from the actual line-up. 

11 minutes ago, Sandhurst Red said:

Could not agree more - for £30 a ticket they are outstanding value for money. 

I saw the proper Mac a few years ago in Birmingham and left very disappointed. Saw Rumours last year and I would say they were everything I wanted from the actual line-up. 

Like you I saw the real ones in Brum presumably at the same gig. Thought they were good but a bit self indulgent.

Seem ROFM loads of times and they really are excellent.

Illegal Eagles are also excellent,

as are AC/DC tribute band Livewire if you want something a bit heavier ??

Archived