IGNORED

Ashton Gate Summer Gigs (Merged)

Bristol Rob

13 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Westlife are on a big UK tour next year, also The Who and The Pet Shop Boys ...and a joint Whitesnake/Foreigner tour takes place next year, as well as Stereophonics ...

Westlife are in Cardiff on the 26th June and they dont have a show for 5 days before that so possibly in that window.

5 hours ago, Up The City! said:

Westlife are in Cardiff on the 26th June and they dont have a show for 5 days before that so possibly in that window.

I think that’s too late in June for us. Think we would want to be cleared at least 10 days before. But yes possible. I saw them as part of the Radio 2 Hyde Park ‘festival in a day’ in September. I’m not a fan but they were pretty good and could pull in a crowd.

But I don’t think it’s them. 

1 hour ago, Nicki's soulmate said:

They're not the same without Peter Green 

True, but I prefer their music after Buckingham Nicks joined.

1 hour ago, Antman said:

memory lane - but back in the 80's when the Stones played at AG (with J Giels band as support) a bunch of us art students were asked to go paint the changing rooms with tropical scenes.

it's all a bit more sophisticated now i suspect.

My blood runs cold, my memory has just been sold

1 minute ago, Sir Geoff said:

Saw them 12 times with Freddie. Wouldn't cross the road to see them now (yes I appreciate things evolve and Brian and Roger are great musicians but they are just a classy tribute act these days).

TWELVE times. Good work. What I'd have given to see them in their pomp. Would still love to see them in BS3 next summer though. 

10 minutes ago, Sir Geoff said:

Saw them 12 times with Freddie. Wouldn't cross the road to see them now (yes I appreciate things evolve and Brian and Roger are great musicians but they are just a classy tribute act these days).

7 minutes ago, CyderInACan said:

TWELVE times. Good work. What I'd have given to see them in their pomp. Would still love to see them in BS3 next summer though. 

Would have loved to have seen Queen with Freddie, but alas I was only 7 when he died :crying:

However, as much as I admire the other band members, Freddie was Queen, so I'd never go watch them without him. 

18 hours ago, wayne allisons tongues said:

Thought they were very very good at Wembley this year, the 2 from Crowded house fitted in very well. £90 per ticket I paid but we were top tier, lower you went dearer the tickets. 

I’ll second that WAT and I was there too. They were far better than I’d expected, after seeing them back in ‘15 with all the main four members together.

Would be awesome to see them at the Gate, but as others have said, virtually no chance.  These days I get my FM fix with a brilliant tribute band called Fleetwood Bac, who used to play the Tunnels at Temple Meads until it closed last year. I really miss that place and a sad loss.

24 minutes ago, elhombrecito said:

Would have loved to have seen Queen with Freddie, but alas I was only 7 when he died :crying:

However, as much as I admire the other band members, Freddie was Queen, so I'd never go watch them without him. 

I'd still love to see them. Our lad is a big fan too (despite the fact he's only 6!) so we're all going to watch We Will Rock You at the Hippodrome in March. 

Archived