IGNORED

Ashton Gate Summer Gigs (Merged)

Bristol Rob

48 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

See you next Friday Reg!

Re The Killers...

They have played Bristol before, anyone catch them at The Fleece back in 2004?

Straight from work I suggest. Macc Lads on at 8pm so time to have a few in the Hatchet, Rappin’ Andy and Chief are also coming. 

36 minutes ago, maxjak said:

Wouldn't pay £7.50 to see them...........of all the bands in the world......we get the Killers.......stiil slightly better than Westlife? ?

They may not be to your taste but the Killers are right up there with some of the best in the world, ive not seen them live yet but from what I've seen on YouTube and heard off of people they are amazing live, many acts fail to deliver live but these dont.They absolutely killed Glastonbury (see what I did there? I'll get my coat ?)

This is a huge result for Ashton Gate and I think we can safely say we have established ourselves as a top concert venue.

1 hour ago, Super said:

Who is playing at the Mem next year?

You can’t really host A list international Rock bands AND show the likes of Home Alone as a drive in cinema, at the same time. 

I think we’ve probably missed the boat with the drive in cinema, now they’ve established themselves as THE go to venue for such events, so we are going to just have to settle for the Rock concerts for now and just home the the cinema screening out grow the Mems capacity, then we might be able to do a “Matty Taylor” with them..!

25 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

They may not be to your taste but the Killers are right up there with some of the best in the world, ive not seen them live yet but from what I've seen on YouTube and heard off of people they are amazing live, many acts fail to deliver live but these dont.They absolutely killed Glastonbury (see what I did there? I'll get my coat ?)

This is a huge result for Ashton Gate and I think we can safely say we have established ourselves as a top concert venue.

I thought they looked pretty dull at Glasto

Saw the killers at Wembley maybe 6 years ago, they wrote a song just for that gig. All about the history of Wembley. The twin towers appeared on the big screen, then the three lions and Bobby Moore lifting the World Cup. Sends shivers down my spine still. Look it up on YouTube. Killers Wembley song. Brilliant. 
thanks for the link to pre sale above. I’m in !! 

47 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

Nothing beats the buzz of coming offstage after a gig ; not drugs, not alcohol, not sex

44 minutes ago, NOTBLUE said:

RH might not agree with that.

Hmmm. I don’t think that you can be doing it right, Major. Is anyone else in the room with you when you have sex? :cool:

1 hour ago, Up The City! said:

We tried to get them a couple of years ago but they opted for Swansea instead as they had the experience. Looks like they intended playing here and have kept to their word that they would now we are proven

3 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

Do the kids still like the Killers? Hot Fuss was pretty much the soundtrack of my teenage years, topped off by seeing them smash the Friday night pyramid stage at Glastonbury in 2004. Big band to get down the gate.

'The kids' probably aren't the target audience these days. With ticket prices from fifty quid upwards.

On ‎13‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 19:56, Sandhurst Red said:

Could not agree more - for £30 a ticket they are outstanding value for money. 

I saw the proper Mac a few years ago in Birmingham and left very disappointed. Saw Rumours last year and I would say they were everything I wanted from the actual line-up. 

Saw them at Weston playhouse, thought their version of Albatross was better than the original, it's great they do the old songs as well.

Archived