IGNORED

Ashton Gate Summer Gigs (Merged)

Bristol Rob

5 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

'The kids' probably aren't the target audience these days. With ticket prices from fifty quid upwards.

I’m in the minority probably but I really don’t see £50 as unreasonable at all for a night’s entertainment like that when you compare it to the cost of other leisure activities. 

29 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

I’m in the minority probably but I really don’t see £50 as unreasonable at all for a night’s entertainment like that when you compare it to the cost of other leisure activities. 

In comparison 90 minutes of football is 30 quid.

If I'm able to secure tickets I'll be making a whole day of this, starting on the harbourside and making my way down stopping at all the pubs on the way.

39 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Agree with you that fifty quid isn't unreasonable, but when you consider pitch standing is seventy quid, if you were 15 or 16 and wanted to go with a few school mates, it might be beyond the average youth to get the coins together. 

The Jam used to play afternoon matinee gigs for kids!

14 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Agree with you that fifty quid isn't unreasonable, but when you consider pitch standing is seventy quid, if you were 15 or 16 and wanted to go with a few school mates, it might be beyond the average youth to get the coins together. 

The Jam used to play afternoon matinee gigs for kids!

Tickets for Wembley Arena were £5 back in 82.

Not sure what that would equate to in today's money, but that was about the price of an album.

32 minutes ago, RedLionLad said:

Tickets for Wembley Arena were £5 back in 82.

Not sure what that would equate to in today's money, but that was about the price of an album.

I was robbed, paid £7:50 and ended up at the furthest seats from the stage possible ?

2 hours ago, ExiledAjax said:

Do the kids still like the Killers? Hot Fuss was pretty much the soundtrack of my teenage years, topped off by seeing them smash the Friday night pyramid stage at Glastonbury in 2004. Big band to get down the gate.

Who cares about the ‘kin’ kids?!

6 hours ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

I saw The Killers at Wolverhampton Civic Hall first night of Sam’s Town Tour, best gig I’ve ever been too, so so good.  This is a huge act to get into the Gate

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/whats-on/music/the-killers--wolverhampton-civic-28377.amp

Oh my god so did I.

They were amazing, I still remember Mr Brightside.

13 minutes ago, boatman said:

Oh my god so did I.

They were amazing, I still remember Mr Brightside.

I remember they went off before the encore and the crowd started singing ‘I’ve got souk but I’m not a soldier’ over and over and they came back on and Brandon Flowers said ‘hold your horses’ and they finished with All These Things I’ve Done.  It was amazing seeing a band at their absolute peak in such a small venue

5 hours ago, Up The City! said:

They may not be to your taste but the Killers are right up there with some of the best in the world, ive not seen them live yet but from what I've seen on YouTube and heard off of people they are amazing live, many acts fail to deliver live but these dont.They absolutely killed Glastonbury (see what I did there? I'll get my coat ?)

This is a huge result for Ashton Gate and I think we can safely say we have established ourselves as a top concert venue.

I remember you........your the guy who thinks that veganism is all down to a placebo effect, and now your calling The Killers one of the best bands in the world?............I definitely think we move in different circles ?

15 minutes ago, maxjak said:

I remember you........your the guy who thinks that veganism is all down to a placebo effect, and now your calling The Killers one of the best bands in the world?............I definitely think we move in different circles ?

Even if you don’t like their music, you have to admit they put on a good show. 

Add to that over 16 million albums sold worldwide and they are one of the biggest bands around currently 

48 minutes ago, maxjak said:

I believe @Up The City! is female - am I permitted to say that? Or am I assuming gender? Don’t wanna upset any of the poor millennial snowflakes ...

Archived