IGNORED

Ashton Gate Summer Gigs (Merged)

Bristol Rob

2 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Half Man Half Biscuit In March too.

Got a nice little run into March.

Booker T at Ronnie Scotts on 28th Feb.
HMHB on the 6th.
Rumours of Fleetwood Mac in Torquay on the 14th. (thanks to recommendations from on here) 

The last one is a treat for the mrs, though I don't know why, she turned down her ticket to HMHB after I got her one :disapointed2se:
Plus Nick Cave in Cardiff, and because the wife complained she always goes to my Gigs, I somehow ended up agreeing to Rick Astley , also in Cardiff. 

1 hour ago, RedLionLad said:

I'm pretty sure it was the same price at Shepton Mallet and that was a better venue due to standing only.

Can't remember the price at Shepton, I did go to both gigs there. Had the side panels stolen off of my Lambretta, yes I do hold a grudge.
I remember the Wembley price as we had an option and got the dearer tickets , thinking they would be better. So far away from the stage I didn't know they had backing singer until I read the review in Melody Maker the following week.

48 minutes ago, bristolcitysweden said:

Greta Thunberg would sell out AG ower a week end but Bristol Sport rather kill of long term fans with fast food. 

Dale Vince missing an opportunity at Forest Green so far? ….  Reckon a *GT appearance would be a mutually beneficial match made in Heaven.

(* but my God is she not a weird little kid?  someone likened her to a Child Of The Corn like character... & I've got to agree there is a certain resemblance and something definitely spooky about her..... What do you think? )

children-of-the-corn-runaway-2017.jpg?w=1200

3 hours ago, JBFC II said:

Even if you don’t like their music, you have to admit they put on a good show. 

Add to that over 16 million albums sold worldwide and they are one of the biggest bands around currently 

I quite like some killers songs,smile like you mean it and mr Brightside are great tracks.

16 million albums sold wordwide is not that many for a so called Big band though.

• Admin
1 hour ago, Slacker said:

Cheers Tommy.Greta certainly seems to be making her mark.Whether you agree with her or not she is a formidable young lady. 

Haven't heard anything from her for weeks. Hopefully she's crawled back under her rock in utopia 

16 minutes ago, FramptonRed said:

I quite like some killers songs,smile like you mean it and mr Brightside are great tracks.

16 million albums sold wordwide is not that many for a so called Big band though.

Tbf it was off wiki so may be totally inaccurate. 

Personally I think they’re a band who had a couple of great dogs early on and have lived off of those whilst trying to replicate them, more of a band for the stage than the radio or CD player 

29 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

Tbf it was off wiki so may be totally inaccurate. 

Personally I think they’re a band who had a couple of great dogs early on and have lived off of those whilst trying to replicate them, more of a band for the stage than the radio or CD player 

Yeah some of their later stuff is a bit weird,but they are an odd lot anyway,mormans i think but apparently they do a good live set.

If people think the killers are big what about proper big bands like U2,Simple Minds and Depeche Mode who have all sold around 100 million albums each.

12 hours ago, exAtyeoMax said:

Sounds good, looking forward to it. Hopefully will be able to get a ticket. Saw the Killers supporting U2, a long time ago but not The Manics.

Should be a good day/night :thumbsup:

Not to make you feel old but that would of been nearly 15 years ago now. 2005 I saw them both in the Millenium stadium on the How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb. Only seen U2 once since but seen The Killers about 10 or 11 times since. 

Just now, RedorDead BCFC said:

Not to make you feel old but that would of been nearly 15 years ago now. 2005 I saw them both in the Millenium stadium on the How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb. Only seen U2 once since but seen The Killers about 10 or 11 times since. 

Yes, it was at Cardiff. Wow, 15 years! I first saw U2 on Joshua Tree tour in 1987, at NEC. I am bloody ancient :rofl2br:

12 minutes ago, RedorDead BCFC said:

I was at that gig...to be fair the Killers were awesome..don't think they have moved on much since then tho and I probably wont go to see them at AG but I think it's fantastic that Bristol now has a venue that major bands play at and even more fantastic that its Ashton Gate ??????

Archived