Ashton Gate Summer Gigs (Merged)

Bristol Rob

18 hours ago, JBFC II said:

Thom Yorke (the main songwriter) is. 

Maybe not the whole band but the point remains 

12 hours ago, AshtonGreat said:

They might have in 1997

If it is just TY that makes more sense.

he is a very different proposition solo than Radiohead. Will have genuine material of his own to play/

RH would sell tickets tenfold vs his solo stuff.

still think they would easily sell out AG, but at same time might be moot point as they prob wouldn’t do it anyway 

10 hours ago, RedorDead BCFC said:

Cheers, didn’t they do something similar with the album before last only do a few gigs. My wife will be gutted she thinks she’s Mrs Brightside and also loves Coldplay  

Yes they did. They have been quoted as saying basically they arent ready to be together 24/7 again yet as need to do their own thing. i guess the museum thing is to link up with the whale theme they have in their vid at the moment, conservation and all that

5 minutes ago, yardy said:

Are there any age restrictions to watch a gig such as the Killers? I am just asking because i am dying to take my 8 year old lad to experience a show like this.

Normally the only restriction is that U16’s (or something like that) have to be accompanied by an adult, that’s all though.

1 hour ago, yardy said:

Are there any age restrictions to watch a gig such as the Killers? I am just asking because i am dying to take my 8 year old lad to experience a show like this.

Of course all 8 year olds are different, but I can’t think of a single one in my girlfriends sons class who wouldn’t be utter hell to spend 5 hours with at a concert..! 
I think they might be a bit young for that experience yet. 
fair play if yours manages to do it though. 

18 hours ago, Cowshed said:

It is not strictly true. 

A flat fee is paid for venue. The bands are paid flexible sums v their demands/market value. Profit can therefore be higher for a band that does not sell out. There are also hidden costs - some bands need extra security due to the demographic of fan base. 

I'm sure it's not as simple as just playing a flat fee, if that was the case then why have Bristol Sport turned down many smaller gigs?

4 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Of course all 8 year olds are different, but I can’t think of a single one in my girlfriends sons class who wouldn’t be utter hell to spend 5 hours with at a concert..! 
I think they might be a bit young for that experience yet. 
fair play if yours manages to do it though. 

He has experience at small concerts and small festivals and has loved them, i am sure he will be fine......if not his mum will be there to take care of him while i party :laugh:

6 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

Can someone help me make sense of this regarding accessible tickets? The info seems a little vague. 

Its bullshit that those who require accessible tickets have to call when in my case making phone calls is a daunting task.

Screenshot_20191117-123804_Samsung Internet.jpg

That info has changed since Friday, because it then said you could book accessible online.  I looked because I was thinking of taking Joe.  But he isn’t interested.  Kasabian he said would be a different matter!!

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

That info has changed since Friday, because it then said you could book accessible online.  I looked because I was thinking of taking Joe.  But he isn’t interested.  Kasabian he said would be a different matter!!

Yea I saw that before and I thought yea that looks reasonable and pretty straight forward but they have gone and changed it and made it more difficult and a little bit vague as to when tickets can actually be purchased.

6 hours ago, Up The City! said:

Can someone help me make sense of this regarding accessible tickets? The info seems a little vague. 

Its bullshit that those who require accessible tickets have to call when in my case making phone calls is a daunting task.

Screenshot_20191117-123804_Samsung Internet.jpg

6 hours ago, Davefevs said:

6 hours ago, Up The City! said:

Yea I saw that before and I thought yea that looks reasonable and pretty straight forward but they have gone and changed it and made it more difficult and a little bit vague as to when tickets can actually be purchased.

Would it not be a case of calling up for these tickets as otherwise everyone could just book those tickets online, whether they required them or not, especially if there is a ‘free carer ticket’ type thing as well going for nothing, there are some unscrupulous people out there......

34 minutes ago, Tipps69 said:

Would it not be a case of calling up for these tickets as otherwise everyone could just book those tickets online, whether they required them or not, especially if there is a ‘free carer ticket’ type thing as well going for nothing, there are some unscrupulous people out there......

You are right, there are some unscrupulous people out there.

For England games, you register first, and have to send Disability info off, e.g. DLA letter first.  Same with Vue Cinema, register for a CEA card and book online using the CEA number.  Show your card at the cinema.  I think that’s fine to register first, as long as there is sufficient time period before the event to do so, or in the case if the Killers give a period after booking to confirm disability.

I hope they have enough people on the line on Friday at 9am to cope with the calls for concerts and sport.

2 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

For England games, you register first, and have to send Disability info off, e.g. DLA letter first.  Same with Vue Cinema, register for a CEA card and book online using the CEA number.  Show your card at the cinema.  I think that’s fine to register first, as long as there is sufficient time period before the event to do so, or in the case if the Killers give a period after booking to confirm disability.

I hope they have enough people on the line on Friday at 9am to cope with the calls for concerts and sport.

Gigs always seem like a complete shitshow anyway, Ticketmaster distribute everything with the majority ending up in the hands of other ticket companies who then sell them on for an even bigger mark-up! Biggest ticket touts out there!

40 minutes ago, Tipps69 said:

The issue I have is I dont like making calls, I find calling really difficult. 

I have no issue providing my evidence, in fact BS already have it so possibly wouldnt need to do so again. 

The other issue is this, it's not a accesible ticket specific line, so if I go to call to get the tickets I'm entitled for, it's possible by the time I actually get through tickets could be sold out online. 

8 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I got a dilemma unless Bristol Sport can clarify, use my early booking code and buy two tickets, one for me, one for my companion or completely chance getting through on the phones.

1 minute ago, Up The City! said:

I have no issue providing my evidence, in fact BS already have it so possibly wouldnt need to do so again. 

The other issue is this, it's not a accesible ticket specific line, so if I go to call to get the tickets I'm entitled for, it's possible by the time I actually get through tickets could be sold out online. 

That’s the problem....although, everybody looking to get accessible tickets should be in the same boat.  The problem is also when you’re trying to book say 4 standard and 2 accessible, and want to do it in one transaction so that you all know you’re going.

2 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

That’s the point I’m trying to make, with all tickets available online, anyone could purchase them but by having to call to get disability tickets, people that aren’t entitled to them shouldn’t be able to get them.

And my understanding is that all tickets are sold through Ticketmaster, so they would have no record of your evidence that the club holds. And I appreciate your situation that you are in but if all tickets were sold online, I’ve no doubt some scumbags would purchase them for whatever advantage they could get or just because they were the only tickets available. At least all of these tickets should go to the right people (hopefully).

8 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

That’s the problem....although, everybody looking to get accessible tickets should be in the same boat.  The problem is also when you’re trying to book say 4 standard and 2 accessible, and want to do it in one transaction so that you all know you’re going.

It just seems they have made accessing accessible tickets more difficult than it needs to be and may actually put my at a disadvantage to getting tickets. I dont require accessible seating but do require a companion. It's great they provide a free ticket to companions but the process should be a little easier.

2 minutes ago, Tipps69 said:

That’s the point I’m trying to make, with all tickets available online, anyone could purchase them but by having to call to get disability tickets, people that aren’t entitled to them shouldn’t be able to get them.

And my understanding is that all tickets are sold through Ticketmaster, so they would have no record of your evidence that the club holds. And I appreciate your situation that you are in but if all tickets were sold online, I’ve no doubt some scumbags would purchase them for whatever advantage they could get or just because they were the only tickets available. At least all of these tickets should go to the right people (hopefully).

I get your point. I have no issue sending my evidence to whoever, the stipulation should be that tickets are not sent unless evidence is provided. 

That number they have provided is the general Bristol Sport number, I imagine it will be pretty impossible to get through. I think I remember reading that the venue is responsible for selling accessible tickets?

3 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

It just seems they have made accessing accessible tickets more difficult than it needs to be and may actually put my at a disadvantage to getting tickets. I dont require accessible seating but do require a companion. It's great they provide a free ticket to companions but the process should be a little easier.

I get your point. I have no issue sending my evidence to whoever, the stipulation should be that tickets are not sent unless evidence is provided. 

That number they have provided is the general Bristol Sport number, I imagine it will be pretty impossible to get through. I think I remember reading that the venue is responsible for selling accessible tickets?

Ah, I get you.  Yes, that’s more difficult.  It shouldn’t be in this day and age.

1 minute ago, Up The City! said:

Would it be worth sending off an email to Bristol Sport or even the SLO? Assuming Ryan is still in the position?

Or even getting your companion to call up tomorrow (or before the big rush for tickets start) just to find out what will be required for you to claim tickets? I’m registered disabled (as in I have a blue parking badge) but I don’t require accessibility seating or a companion, I just struggle big time with back problems & luckily for me, I’m not a Killers fan so won’t be fighting for tickets.

On 17/11/2019 at 21:00, Tipps69 said:

Would it be worth sending off an email to Bristol Sport or even the SLO? Assuming Ryan is still in the position?

Or even getting your companion to call up tomorrow (or before the big rush for tickets start) just to find out what will be required for you to claim tickets? I’m registered disabled (as in I have a blue parking badge) but I don’t require accessibility seating or a companion, I just struggle big time with back problems & luckily for me, I’m not a Killers fan so won’t be fighting for tickets.

I went to see Rod Stewart, then all "accessible" tickets needed to be booked through BS. Now I am currently walking with the aid of crutches so was disappointed (to say the least) to find my seat was 3 rows up in the UPPER Dolman! 

Not helpful in the least. Getting on for 20 ish steps. Not helped by the stewards allowing dancing on the stairs and at the top of the stairs, now you try that on Saturday!!!

Hope you guys have better luck than I did.

On 17/11/2019 at 10:35, yardy said:

Over 5's according to Ticketmaster

Any idea of the ticket prices yet?

Archived