IGNORED

Ashton Gate Summer Gigs (Merged)

Bristol Rob

Managed to get 2 in the South stand which is what we wanted. Took about 3 or 4 attempts on Ticker Shafter, starting at 9 am prompt. Each time it was saying none available for my selection. But persistence paid off.

For those who weren't so lucky you may be able to pick up tickets very near to the event date. Quite often people have to cry off at the last minute and sell on Gumtree or FB market place. Usually at face value or even below. Ebay as well, though they are usually being sold at a mark up price. Good luck

13 minutes ago, AshtonGreat said:

That was on Parachutes. A Rush Of Blood is a fantastic album

Sorry i don"t have a encylopedic knowledge of Coldplay, mainly because IMHO they are musically one dimensional and leave me cold ( Which is appropriate?)  However musical taste is subjective, so if u think they are fantastic, fair enough ?

9 minutes ago, maxjak said:

Sorry i don"t have a encylopedic knowledge of Coldplay, mainly because IMHO they are musically one dimensional and leave me cold ( Which is appropriate?)  However musical taste is subjective, so if u think they are fantastic, fair enough ?

It wasn't a slight on you, I was just pointing out which album it was on. I don't think Coldplay are fantastic - they're shit these days. But that album was certainly brilliant IMO

18 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

It’s always made me laugh how worked up people get about other people’s taste in music. Art is so utterly subjective by it’s very nature so I’ve always been baffled about people trying to point score their music taste. 

It's a funny one isn't it. I get grief occasionally for liking Coldplay. I was never a big fan of them but then I went to see them at the Emirates a number of years back and was blown away. For a band that are regularly labelled depressing/boring, they had absolutely everybody dancing and smiling.

The chanting of Viva la Vida was going on all the way to the tube station and beyond after the gig.

1 hour ago, AshtonGreat said:

It wasn't a slight on you, I was just pointing out which album it was on. I don't think Coldplay are fantastic - they're shit these days. But that album was certainly brilliant IMO

First 2 albums were great but now they are just dogshit imho

those who want tickets still, just keep refreshing ticket master, the premium tickets keep popping up, I got 2 earlier today but had to pay 300 quid for the pair (they are a xmas present so I don't mind), if your desparate you'll prob get a pair but your looking at close to 200 quid a ticket due to ripoff master

2 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

those who want tickets still, just keep refreshing ticket master, the premium tickets keep popping up, I got 2 earlier today but had to pay 300 quid for the pair (they are a xmas present so I don't mind), if your desparate you'll prob get a pair but your looking at close to 200 quid a ticket due to ripoff master

Those "Premium" tickets are a rip. Was looking around generally the other day and found a description on a site selling Elton John tickets. Those tickets vary in price depending on demand, the Elton John tickets I saw were approaching £500 a ticket !!! Not sure if City are using the same process or not, but I thought £70 was on the high side, but to hold some back and charge more is a little underhand IMO. 
To add perspective, if it someone you want to see, I've no problem paying what you want, I'm going to Brussels for Weller next year. It just seems a little off for company to have these tickets deliberately to cash in. I guess it can go both ways occasionally , think Madness tickets were 2 for 1 just before the gig last year.

2 hours ago, BRISTOL86 said:

It’s always made me laugh how worked up people get about other people’s taste in music. Art is so utterly subjective by it’s very nature so I’ve always been baffled about people trying to point score their music taste. 

Spot on. If Robbored likes Little Mix then that's his choice.

37 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

Those "Premium" tickets are a rip. Was looking around generally the other day and found a description on a site selling Elton John tickets. Those tickets vary in price depending on demand, the Elton John tickets I saw were approaching £500 a ticket !!! Not sure if City are using the same process or not, but I thought £70 was on the high side, but to hold some back and charge more is a little underhand IMO. 
To add perspective, if it someone you want to see, I've no problem paying what you want, I'm going to Brussels for Weller next year. It just seems a little off for company to have these tickets deliberately to cash in. I guess it can go both ways occasionally , think Madness tickets were 2 for 1 just before the gig last year.

They are a rip off but they will be the only ones or resale you can get now, apparently 32k sold so that’s just about capacity by my reckoning 

10 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

They are a rip off but they will be the only ones or resale you can get now, apparently 32k sold so that’s just about capacity by my reckoning 

My plan of waiting to see what happens didn't pay off ?

TBH not a massive Killers fan, and just paid out for tickets for HMHB, Nick Cave, Rumours of Fleetwood Mac and the Weller trip so didn't want to add those. I've seen the Manics and nearly got tickets for them alone, should be a cracking night.
Might just wait until they announce Westlife :whistle:

1 minute ago, 1960maaan said:

My plan of waiting to see what happens didn't pay off ?

TBH not a massive Killers fan, and just paid out for tickets for HMHN, Nick Cave, Rumours of Fleetwood Mac and the Weller trip so didn't want to add those. I've seen the Manics and nearly got tickets for them alone, should be a cracking night.
Might just wait until they announce Westlife :whistle:

I’m not ether, I’m a bigger manics fan but as I said they are a present 

4 hours ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Your right...........but you must admit there is some talentless derivative shite which gets far more attention than it deserves sometimes?  While some excellent muscians who have gigged live for years, with some great song writng talent don't get recognition. I won"t name names, because it's just my opinion. But it frustrates me when far too much attention is paid to very average individuals and bands?

Archived