IGNORED

Ashton Gate Summer Gigs (Merged)

Bristol Rob

1 hour ago, 1960maaan said:

My plan of waiting to see what happens didn't pay off ?

TBH not a massive Killers fan, and just paid out for tickets for HMHB, Nick Cave, Rumours of Fleetwood Mac and the Weller trip so didn't want to add those. I've seen the Manics and nearly got tickets for them alone, should be a cracking night.
Might just wait until they announce Westlife :whistle:

Wait til the day before the gig, those expensive Stub Hub tickets will be going for less than face vale.

19 minutes ago, maxjak said:

Your right...........but you must admit there is some talentless derivative shite which gets far more attention than it deserves sometimes?  While some excellent muscians who have gigged live for years, with some great song writng talent don't get recognition. I won"t name names, because it's just my opinion. But it frustrates me when far too much attention is paid to very average individuals and bands?

There is but one thing that can never be levelled at Coldplay is talentless. They’re superb musicians whether or not you like the music they produce or not.  

4 hours ago, InCyder said:

It's a funny one isn't it. I get grief occasionally for liking Coldplay. I was never a big fan of them but then I went to see them at the Emirates a number of years back and was blown away. For a band that are regularly labelled depressing/boring, they had absolutely everybody dancing and smiling.

The chanting of Viva la Vida was going on all the way to the tube station and beyond after the gig.

I rarely listen to cold play music, they are not on my playlists, but I would absolutely love to see them live. If I do listen to them it's always on YouTube of them playing live. Think they are just one of those bands that are better live than on the radio.

3 hours ago, 1960maaan said:

Those "Premium" tickets are a rip. Was looking around generally the other day and found a description on a site selling Elton John tickets. Those tickets vary in price depending on demand, the Elton John tickets I saw were approaching £500 a ticket !!! Not sure if City are using the same process or not, but I thought £70 was on the high side, but to hold some back and charge more is a little underhand IMO. 
To add perspective, if it someone you want to see, I've no problem paying what you want, I'm going to Brussels for Weller next year. It just seems a little off for company to have these tickets deliberately to cash in. I guess it can go both ways occasionally , think Madness tickets were 2 for 1 just before the gig last year.

Funny thing is my disabled tickets have been allocated in an area where they were selling these platinum tickets.

• Admin
19 minutes ago, richgp said:

Has anyone with 'print at home' tickets been able to print them off yet? I'm still getting the message that they're not ready for printing yet. I got them on the pre sale day.

Seems unusual but possibly the tickets won't be available until next year 

7 hours ago, Roger Red Hat said:

Had a look at these last night, no Manics though. Some 'reasonably' affordable ones but right at the opposite end to the stage, top tier. Anybody know what its like there?

From memory it can be high, but it’s a strange one as it sort of goes up and down in waves. 
Do what my wife done in the Millenium stadium once, she went to security guards and said it’s too high up here and got moved pitchside. 

On ‎23‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 09:24, richgp said:

Has anyone with 'print at home' tickets been able to print them off yet? I'm still getting the message that they're not ready for printing yet. I got them on the pre sale day.

These won't be available until much nearer the gig as they won't want you to resell them unless its through their official resale platform.

Platinum tickets are a con its following Ticketmaster in America which is demand driven pricing for music tickets. A premium ticket will be essentially in a slightly better part of the ground and that's about it but you'll be paying £100+ more than standard ticket for broadly the same experience.

Surprised this concert sold out so fast I guess factor in the huge pull from further South West (Somerset/Devon/Cornwall) as well as South Wales & Wiltshire there is a huge market for the venue if you get the right band in.

• Admin

There is still hope for more summer concerts at Ashton Gate, even though stadium bosses have, for now, told residents there will be just one.

People living around the stadium in BS3 are beginning to receive letters from Ashton Gate’s head of safety and security Dave Storr about the concert that has been confirmed - The Killers on June 9.

The letter is inviting the stadium’s neighbours to a residents' meeting next week to discuss the arrangements for the concert in terms of road closures, timings, setting up for the concert, noise on the night and parking.

The letter is a standard one as part of the stadium’s liaison with the local residents, but it appears to dash hopes among Bristol’s music fans there might be more concerts, because it begins: “As you may be aware, will be holding 1 concert at Ashton Gate in the summer, 2020.”

But a spokesperson for Ashton Gate said this did not mean there was no chance of a second, or maybe even a third, concert.

When The Killers was announced last autumn, stadium chief executive Mark Kelly hinted they were hoping for at least one or possibly two more concerts to be staged in 2020, although it may well be that The Killers could be the only concert to happen in 2020.

But the late finishing of the Bristol Bears rugby season, because of the 2019 Rugby World Cup, means the window in the calendar to stage concerts and still give enough time for the stadium to be ready for the start of the football season in August, is very small.

Bristol Live understands if a second concert can be organised with the right act in the right time, then it is possible another concert could be added.

"This letter is the standard one for starting the process of liaising with our neighbours about the one concert that is definitely going ahead," said a spokesperson for Ashton Gate Stadium.

"But it doesn't mean that there is no chance of a second concert happening," they added.

TAKEN FROM: https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/whats-on/whats-on-news/ashton-gate-summer-2020-gigs-3776434

14 hours ago, RedM said:

Not only the late finishing of the rugby season, but perhaps the possibility of us wanting the pitch for rugby playoffs now Saracens have removed themselves from the mix?

The Killers gig is already being staged between Bristol's last home game and the semi final of the playoffs, so god knows what condition the pitch will be in if they make it...

Screenshot_20200126-085455.png

Archived