Jump to content

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

Bristol Rob

Ashton Gate Summer Gigs (Merged)

Recommended Posts

Spoiler Alert:

I have it on good authority Paul Hardcastle is making a comeback.....

 

Edited by BTRFTG
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, slartibartfast said:

Not being funny but..................200 odd VOLUNTEERS, really? It's a business .

Gets them free entry to the show I guess

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BTRFTG said:

Spoiler Alert:

I have it on good authority Paul Hardcastle is making a comeback.....

 

Appropriate 

7 minutes ago, TBW said:

Gets them free entry to the show I guess

As long as they don’t look...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BTRFTG said:

Spoiler Alert:

I have it on good authority Paul Hardcastle is making a comeback.....

 

Nah......that was going to be in two thousand and na,na,na,na....nineteen but was ca,ca,ca,ca....cancelled

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TBW said:

Gets them free entry to the show I guess

It does

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RedLionLad said:

Appropriate 

As long as they don’t look...

They can look. The volunteers only worked until the bands went on stage last time. After that paid staff worked so obviously the majority of them didn’t watch as they were working. The volunteers mainly did the ‘here to help’ type roles, ticket scanning etc with employed people from the venue on hand to answer queries.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

Main shit bands were done last year :whistle:

Any ideas who they can get this year, who is doing stadium tours in the summer?

Westlife are on a big UK tour next year, also The Who and The Pet Shop Boys ...and a joint Whitesnake/Foreigner tour takes place next year, as well as Stereophonics ...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Westlife are on a big UK tour next year, also The Who and The Pet Shop Boys ...and a joint Whitesnake/Foreigner tour takes place next year, as well as Stereophonics ...

Bloody foreigners, coming over here, wanting to know what love is.....

#Brexit

  • Like 1
  • Haha 11

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Westlife are on a big UK tour next year, also The Who and The Pet Shop Boys ...and a joint Whitesnake/Foreigner tour takes place next year, as well as Stereophonics ...

Springsteen.

  • Like 1
  • Flames 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, RedM said:

They can look. The volunteers only worked until the bands went on stage last time. After that paid staff worked so obviously the majority of them didn’t watch as they were working. The volunteers mainly did the ‘here to help’ type roles, ticket scanning etc with employed people from the venue on hand to answer queries.

That’s not a bad deal in fairness.

It’s also a good way of allowing gasheads to have a good look around our stadium on the sneak 😂

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Westlife are on a big UK tour next year, also The Who and The Pet Shop Boys ...and a joint Whitesnake/Foreigner tour takes place next year, as well as Stereophonics ...

If I had a bit more time on my hands I would investigate some of those to see how they could fit into our schedule. Think the dates were end of May to first two weeks of June (ish) last year, but we have to think of playoffs for the football and possibly even rugby too. Football would have cleared by then but with rugby starting later will they be done by then?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Coldplay, The Killers and Petshop Boys would do me for starters. Seen all them though so maybe someone new. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, RedM said:

If I had a bit more time on my hands I would investigate some of those to see how they could fit into our schedule. Think the dates were end of May to first two weeks of June (ish) last year, but we have to think of playoffs for the football and possibly even rugby too. Football would have cleared by then but with rugby starting later will they be done by then?

Last league home game for the rugby is 29th May. Add a couple of weeks on top of that if they're in the playoffs and get a home tie.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Westlife are on a big UK tour next year, also The Who and The Pet Shop Boys ...and a joint Whitesnake/Foreigner tour takes place next year, as well as Stereophonics ...

The Who are saving for their retirement I think, looked at tickets the other day 

giphy.gif?cid=790b76111c6921ff883bf4c9cc

 

I,d like to see the Stereophonics though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, ptr6 said:

The Clash.

My informant tells me the remnants of The Clash are playing The Memorial as part of their 'Rock The Khazi' tour.....

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, BTRFTG said:

My informant tells me the remnants of The Clash are playing The Memorial as part of their 'Rock The Khazi' tour.....

With support from Leicester tribute band Khazibian.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RedM said:

Coldplay, The Killers and Petshop Boys would do me for starters. Seen all them though so maybe someone new. 

No,No aannnndd No thanks

56 minutes ago, Crackers Corner said:

Foo fighters would be nice.

Interesting.

26 minutes ago, ever-red said:

Madness

 

Not seen them for 35 years or so, I guess they might sell it out . 

 

The one I really wanted to see was Nick Cave, and Cardiff sorted that for me. 

Radiohead , just looked and Thom Yorke is doing a solo tour with gaps may/June ,

Fleetwood Mac , this would be great for the Mrs, and better than Rick Astley I had to agree to see.

Liam and Weller double header . Weller's dates end on June 1st and LG has nothing up just yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Northern Red said:

Last league home game for the rugby is 29th May. Add a couple of weeks on top of that if they're in the playoffs and get a home tie.

Thank you. Timings could be pretty tight then as they like the pitch back as soon as possible to prepare for the next season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, 1960maaan said:

No,No aannnndd No thanks

Interesting.

Not seen them for 35 years or so, I guess they might sell it out . 

 

The one I really wanted to see was Nick Cave, and Cardiff sorted that for me. 

Radiohead , just looked and Thom Yorke is doing a solo tour with gaps may/June ,

Fleetwood Mac , this would be great for the Mrs, and better than Rick Astley I had to agree to see.

Liam and Weller double header . Weller's dates end on June 1st and LG has nothing up just yet.

Ha ha.

Madness have done smaller venues like the cricket ground etc over the past few years, AG would be miles too big for them. We need guaranteed sell out bands or solo artists. I saw them for the first time at Glastonbury a few years ago, they were ok but I think I should have just just left them in my past memories.

Fleetwood Mac are very expensive, that’s the reason why Glastonbury won’t get them. They want a lot of money to perform and Michael Eavis won’t pay it. I would be very popular and sell out AG but ticket prices would be huge I think.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, RedM said:

Coldplay, The Killers and Petshop Boys would do me for starters. Seen all them though so maybe someone new. 

OMG! 3 bands whose music never reaches a crescendo but levels out to boredom. Let's have someone witn an edge. Green Day will do. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, RedM said:

Fleetwood Mac are very expensive, that’s the reason why Glastonbury won’t get them. They want a lot of money to perform and Michael Eavis won’t pay it. I would be very popular and sell out AG but ticket prices would be huge I think.

I know, Mrs loves them and I did look at tickets for Wembley. I think the cheapest was around £160 each.  But as you say, they would sell the place out.

2 minutes ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

Green Day will do.

I'd go to that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

Green Day.... 

Again they've already played The Memorial........or was that Forest Green Day?

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

No,No aannnndd No thanks

Interesting.

Not seen them for 35 years or so, I guess they might sell it out . 

 

The one I really wanted to see was Nick Cave, and Cardiff sorted that for me. 

Radiohead , just looked and Thom Yorke is doing a solo tour with gaps may/June ,

Fleetwood Mac , this would be great for the Mrs, and better than Rick Astley I had to agree to see.

Liam and Weller double header . Weller's dates end on June 1st and LG has nothing up just yet.

Can't see Noel being happy with that! :nono:

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

. Green Day will do. 

Green Day are touring next summer.

So are AC/DC

How about some K-Pop? That'll fill the Gate with screaming kids & p*ssed off parents 

Edited by myol'man

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, RedM said:

I would be very popular and sell out AG but ticket prices would be huge I think.

 

Bigging yourself up there M, nice to see you aren’t short on confidence!

  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

I know, Mrs loves them and I did look at tickets for Wembley. I think the cheapest was around £160 each.  But as you say, they would sell the place out.

I'd go to that.

If you are FM fans then you can do a lot worse than checkout Rumours of Fleetwood Mac. Amazing tribute band and they do the whole catalogue from the early Peter Green days.

Well worth seeing 👍

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Frenchay Red said:

If you are FM fans then you can do a lot worse than checkout Rumours of Fleetwood Mac. Amazing tribute band and they do the whole catalogue from the early Peter Green days.

Well worth seeing 👍

I'll keep an eye out for them. I like the Peter Green era, and the Mrs likes the later stuff. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, RedM said:

Ha ha.

Madness have done smaller venues like the cricket ground etc over the past few years, AG would be miles too big for them. We need guaranteed sell out bands or solo artists. I saw them for the first time at Glastonbury a few years ago, they were ok but I think I should have just just left them in my past memories.

Fleetwood Mac are very expensive, that’s the reason why Glastonbury won’t get them. They want a lot of money to perform and Michael Eavis won’t pay it. I would be very popular and sell out AG but ticket prices would be huge I think.

 

Fleetwood Mac aren’t the same without Lindsey Buckingham. Wait for the inevitable return.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, WarksRobin said:

Fleetwood Mac aren’t the same without Lindsey Buckingham. Wait for the inevitable return.

Thought they were very very good at Wembley this year, the 2 from Crowded house fitted in very well. £90 per ticket I paid but we were top tier, lower you went dearer the tickets. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 1960maaan said:

The Who are saving for their retirement I think, looked at tickets the other day 

giphy.gif?cid=790b76111c6921ff883bf4c9cc

 

I,d like to see the Stereophonics though.

Yep, their tour tickets are pretty pricey! Both legends though, Daltrey is 75 and Townshend is 74 I think ... fair play to them for keeping it going ...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...