Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

Bristol Rob

Ashton Gate Summer Gigs (Merged)

I'm waiting for Tommy to rock up and make some case for Bristol Sport not knowing their arse from their elbow* and championing some obscure Swedish rock band no one has heard of.

*Yes, I am aware that elbow is also the name of a band.

• Haha 3

12 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Drinking five quid pints out of a plastic beaker.... 

Think they were £7.50 pints at this years gigs 😳😳

13 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Drinking five quid pints out of a plastic beaker.... 

As opposed to being in town where you get glass with your £5 pint but no music?!

48 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

See you next Friday Reg!

Re The Killers...

They have played Bristol before, anyone catch them at The Fleece back in 2004?

Straight from work I suggest. Macc Lads on at 8pm so time to have a few in the Hatchet, Rappin’ Andy and Chief are also coming. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CyderInACan said:

Straight from work I suggest. Macc Lads on at 8pm so time to have a few in the Hatchet, Rappin’ Andy and Chief are also coming. 

See you there!!!  No idea what you look like tho’....I guess nothing like your profile pic 😂😂😂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, Super said:

Who is playing at the Mem next year?

5 minutes ago, Ronnie Sinclair said:

The Bailiffs

Bananarumour & The Plums  (Bristol Fruit Market resident house band) 

47 minutes ago, Selred said:

Saw the Killers in Hyde Park, 2 years back I think. Terrific terrific band. So many anthems. 

Listening now to them on my Sonos. Great anthems 

23 minutes ago, maxjak said:

Wouldn't pay £7.50 to see them...........of all the bands in the world......we get the Killers.......stiil slightly better than Westlife? 😜

Glad you said that. I thought it was just me.

36 minutes ago, maxjak said:

Wouldn't pay £7.50 to see them...........of all the bands in the world......we get the Killers.......stiil slightly better than Westlife? 😜

They may not be to your taste but the Killers are right up there with some of the best in the world, ive not seen them live yet but from what I've seen on YouTube and heard off of people they are amazing live, many acts fail to deliver live but these dont.They absolutely killed Glastonbury (see what I did there? I'll get my coat 🙈)

This is a huge result for Ashton Gate and I think we can safely say we have established ourselves as a top concert venue.

• Like 1

On 13/11/2019 at 20:55, BS4 on Tour... said:

Yep, their tour tickets are pretty pricey! Both legends though, Daltrey is 75 and Townshend is 74 I think ... fair play to them for keeping it going ...

Nothing beats the buzz of coming offstage after a gig ; not drugs, not alcohol, not sex . 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

Nothing beats the buzz of coming offstage after a gig ; not drugs, not alcohol, not sex . 

RH might not agree with that.

1 hour ago, Super said:

You can’t really host A list international Rock bands AND show the likes of Home Alone as a drive in cinema, at the same time. 

I think we’ve probably missed the boat with the drive in cinema, now they’ve established themselves as THE go to venue for such events, so we are going to just have to settle for the Rock concerts for now and just home the the cinema screening out grow the Mems capacity, then we might be able to do a “Matty Taylor” with them..!

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, WhistleHappy said:

Its a pity … 'The Gap Band'  are no longer around

Remind me, wasn't their big hit the Gas anthem 'Oops, Outside The Ground'?

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

They may not be to your taste but the Killers are right up there with some of the best in the world, ive not seen them live yet but from what I've seen on YouTube and heard off of people they are amazing live, many acts fail to deliver live but these dont.They absolutely killed Glastonbury (see what I did there? I'll get my coat 🙈)

This is a huge result for Ashton Gate and I think we can safely say we have established ourselves as a top concert venue.

I thought they looked pretty dull at Glasto

1 hour ago, Super said:

Forget next, for the past few years they've hosted frequent performances by 'No Ah And The Wael'........

1 hour ago, CyderInACan said:

The legend that is...

• Haha 1

Saw the killers at Wembley maybe 6 years ago, they wrote a song just for that gig. All about the history of Wembley. The twin towers appeared on the big screen, then the three lions and Bobby Moore lifting the World Cup. Sends shivers down my spine still. Look it up on YouTube. Killers Wembley song. Brilliant. 
thanks for the link to pre sale above. I’m in !! 

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

Nothing beats the buzz of coming offstage after a gig ; not drugs, not alcohol, not sex

44 minutes ago, NOTBLUE said:

RH might not agree with that.

Hmmm. I don’t think that you can be doing it right, Major. Is anyone else in the room with you when you have sex? :cool:

• Haha 1

59 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

Image result for lee johnson eyebrow gif"

• Like 6

15 minutes ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

Hmmm. I don’t think that you can be doing it right, Major. Is anyone else in the room with you when you have sex? :cool:

I’ll just ask your mom.

:whistle2:

Very happy with The Killers, my fourth time seeing them at 4 different venues.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Up The City! said:

We tried to get them a couple of years ago but they opted for Swansea instead as they had the experience. Looks like they intended playing here and have kept to their word that they would now we are proven

Do the kids still like the Killers? Hot Fuss was pretty much the soundtrack of my teenage years, topped off by seeing them smash the Friday night pyramid stage at Glastonbury in 2004. Big band to get down the gate.

Only seen them once at Wembley in (I think) 2013 and they were awesome. 

The Royal Albert Hall concert is one of my favourite concert DVDs, just a great show. 

3 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

Do the kids still like the Killers? Hot Fuss was pretty much the soundtrack of my teenage years, topped off by seeing them smash the Friday night pyramid stage at Glastonbury in 2004. Big band to get down the gate.

'The kids' probably aren't the target audience these days. With ticket prices from fifty quid upwards.

• Like 2

On ‎13‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 19:56, Sandhurst Red said:

Could not agree more - for £30 a ticket they are outstanding value for money. 

I saw the proper Mac a few years ago in Birmingham and left very disappointed. Saw Rumours last year and I would say they were everything I wanted from the actual line-up. 

Saw them at Weston playhouse, thought their version of Albatross was better than the original, it's great they do the old songs as well.

5 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

'The kids' probably aren't the target audience these days. With ticket prices from fifty quid upwards.

I’m in the minority probably but I really don’t see £50 as unreasonable at all for a night’s entertainment like that when you compare it to the cost of other leisure activities. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Just seen it- The Killers!

Great coup, major band- never seen them live but might look to try and get to this one...anyone know what they're like live?

Superb. 

• Thanks 1

“We’ve worked closely with Bristol Bears to ensure that this event won’t have any impact on the playing surface should the rugby club achieve a home semi-final in the Gallagher Premiership."

Good luck with that, as any if there is a play-off game to be played, it would be three days after this gig :blink:

5 minutes ago, pillred said:

Billy Smart?

Billy Not So Smart!

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

I’m in the minority probably but I really don’t see £50 as unreasonable at all for a night’s entertainment like that when you compare it to the cost of other leisure activities. 

In comparison 90 minutes of football is 30 quid.

If I'm able to secure tickets I'll be making a whole day of this, starting on the harbourside and making my way down stopping at all the pubs on the way.

39 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Agree with you that fifty quid isn't unreasonable, but when you consider pitch standing is seventy quid, if you were 15 or 16 and wanted to go with a few school mates, it might be beyond the average youth to get the coins together. 

The Jam used to play afternoon matinee gigs for kids!

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Agree with you that fifty quid isn't unreasonable, but when you consider pitch standing is seventy quid, if you were 15 or 16 and wanted to go with a few school mates, it might be beyond the average youth to get the coins together. 

The Jam used to play afternoon matinee gigs for kids!

Tickets for Wembley Arena were £5 back in 82.

Not sure what that would equate to in today's money, but that was about the price of an album.

32 minutes ago, RedLionLad said:

Tickets for Wembley Arena were £5 back in 82.

Not sure what that would equate to in today's money, but that was about the price of an album.

I was robbed, paid £7:50 and ended up at the furthest seats from the stage possible 🙄

4 hours ago, Davefevs said:

See you there!!!  No idea what you look like tho’....I guess nothing like your profile pic 😂😂😂

I guess if I see you though you will bear a striking resemblance to the older guy in your pic! If I do I’ll say hello!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, CyderInACan said:

I guess if I see you though you will bear a striking resemblance to the older guy in your pic! If I do I’ll say hello!

You could wear a pink carnation and have a rolled up copy of the evening post under your arm and agree to meet at 6pm on the centre.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ExiledAjax said:

Who cares about the ‘kin’ kids?!

6 hours ago, CyderInACan said:

Already looking forward to this, two bands I’d love to see. Having said that though, first up next Friday are the Macc Lads at the Academy. Literally waited about 30yrs for to see them. 

You going with sweaty betty?

6 hours ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

I saw The Killers at Wolverhampton Civic Hall first night of Sam’s Town Tour, best gig I’ve ever been too, so so good.  This is a huge act to get into the Gate

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/whats-on/music/the-killers--wolverhampton-civic-28377.amp

Oh my god so did I.

They were amazing, I still remember Mr Brightside.

• Like 1