IGNORED

What Wast The First OTIB Post?

The Original OTIB

I remember on previous versions of this forum, at the foot of the page it stated whose birthday it was that day. Data protection laws rules that out.

You could also pick up gold stars for so many "likes" which would show against your name. As a result groups of friends would like each others posts and all have 5 gold stars under their name.

40 minutes ago, downendcity said:

Thought the first post was Aizoon with his match report from the cup final loss to Man Utd.

Followed by a "Harry Thickett out" thread, and someone moaning about supporters leaving early as they needed to feed the horses in their hansom cabs.

11 minutes ago, Murraysrightplum said:

Robbored slating Louis Carey was in there!

Yep......and some posters consider him a legend.............:cool2:

22 minutes ago, Mike Hunt-Hertz said:

I first joined in 2005, under a different incarnation.

Not Isaac or Warwick Hunt? 

2 hours ago, 22A said:

I remember on previous versions of this forum, at the foot of the page it stated whose birthday it was that day. Data protection laws rules that out.

You could also pick up gold stars for so many "likes" which would show against your name. As a result groups of friends would like each others posts and all have 5 gold stars under their name.

So if that was still in place we’d have one particular member with no stars at all...

42 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

Followed by a "Harry Thickett out" thread, and someone moaning about supporters leaving early as they needed to feed the horses in their hansom cabs.

There might also have been a post from Robbored accusing Thickett of being "nothing but a conference manager".

3 hours ago, Septic Peg said:

The old forum used to be forum.bcfc.co.uk back in the day (iirc). When it was disbanded from the club officially and taken on by the Supporters Club, it became OTIB. 

@TomF is the man with the history books and can tell the full story.

Indeed and before all that the original forum was the 'The City List' which goes back to the mid-1990s (even pre Net Centre).

I was on that with around 20 - 30 other City fans and one would be emailed content from what I recall.

Some great posters back then with the likes of Aizoon, Rob F, JP, Jer B, Nick W, Keith M, Mick H - absolutely quality back then. 

Ah, memories!  

13 minutes ago, CyderInACan said:

I wonder what the first thread on the Netcentre was too @Olé

Should we sign Matt Smith?

Gilingham in the next round of the cup!

Who is Steve Lansdown?

Vera Lynn - has Rudolph.......................?

3 hours ago, Septic Peg said:

The old forum used to be forum.bcfc.co.uk back in the day (iirc). When it was disbanded from the club officially and taken on by the Supporters Club, it became OTIB. 

I think otib ran for a while as otib.co.uk on different forum software (dc forums?) perhaps between being forum.bcfc.co.uk (which was in scott davidson's time?) and being moved to the current invision software?

I can remember having an account on the old forum but mostly using net centre, I think I had to recreate it some time after the move to invision.

44 minutes ago, One Team said:

Indeed and before all that the original forum was the 'The City List' which goes back to the mid-1990s (even pre Net Centre).

I was on that with around 20 - 30 other City fans and one would be emailed content from what I recall.

Some great posters back then with the likes of Aizoon, Rob F, JP, Jer B, Nick W, Keith M, Mick H - absolutely quality back then. 

Ah, memories!  

Usernames weren't quite as inventive though!

4 hours ago, Septic Peg said:

Pretty much correct - there have been 3 variants of the forum as such - the first one was very basic one in 97 that had no registration and you just typed a post in. Then in 1998 we moved to the D.C. forum system which was the one with threaded posts and very red all over. I used to have that still running as a read only archive for years but it was CGI/Perl based but that running on a Windows box was more painful than Pulis time at AG.  In Oct 2003 we moved from that to what we’re still running now which is Invision Power / Invision Community system software. Initially using MSSQL back end and then MySQL probably for last 9-10 years maybe.  It’s at that time in October 2003 that I helped GeoffA run it of sorts, Jan 2004 I joined Clik and have really had it as my sort of responsibility ever since. Geoff retired a few years ago now and lives in Scotland!  otib.co.uk always took you to the board but you are right we used forum.bcfc.co.uk until the club stopped funding it around 2006 - since then we’ve subsidised it’s running costs along with support from the ST/SC.    

Archived