IGNORED

Celebrities and famous people that support BCFC.

City oz

7 hours ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Bristolian yes.

No evidence of any interest in football

G*ahead then, huh?

5 hours ago, In the Net said:

Dean Edwards?  He played for City in a "legends" charity match, and I've seen photos of him in the hospitality area at AG.

That's him ?

5 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Sorry to be a spoilsport,  but when SD was chairman we had players on our books such as Gary Owers, Paul Allen, Clayton Blackmore, Shaun Taylor,  David Howells,  Neil Heaney, Julian Watts, Keith Millen, Lee Peacock etc who’d all played at Wembley 

Not all the time. Actually it was SD who told me the story on a flight to Dublin following a game at AG one Saturday so I have ne reason to disbelieve him.

I think the confusion surrounding Scott Davidson's claim was that, prior to us playing Watford in the mid 90s he stated that he and Elton John (who was Chairman of Watford at the time) were the only Chairmen of English Football Clubs  who had played at Wembley.  Scott had played for Bros at Wembley (and also played for the Pet Shop Boys but not sure if they played Wembley) and Elton John had played for the Elton John Band!

8 hours ago, ever-red said:

Charlie Dimmock , Sarah jane can't remember her last name.

Charlie Dimmock ...that’s a bit random. Born in Romsey.

Apart from the Bristol’s link, how the hell did she end up supporting us? 

Would have thought Soton or Portsmouth, if she had an interest in footie. 

27 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

I have a picture of him at AG. 

My grandma knew him. Archie Leach Archie Leach ran away and joined the bloody circus you know

Cary Grant ran away to play for Rovers?! 

1 hour ago, BigTone said:

Not all the time. Actually it was SD who told me the story on a flight to Dublin following a game at AG one Saturday so I have ne reason to disbelieve him.

Not sure what you mean by ‘all the time’ - but during SD’s tenure as Chairman we had plenty of players in successive squads who’d played at Wembley before joining us - whatever he told you you on a flight was not correct, not sure why you have no reason to disbelieve him when it’s a fact and I gave you a fair few examples of those players in my original reply to you above ...

23 hours ago, hodge said:

On the cricket front Leach was out on display at AG recently and Tom Abell has been dragged along to a game by a staff member whose a City fan

Sadly Jack Leach isn't really a City fan. He's loosely a Liverpool fan but was invited down by the club. A couple of his close mates are keen City fans so gave him a briefing before his visit earlier in the season. I'm sure he can be easily converted though!

17 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Not sure what you mean by ‘all the time’ - but during SD’s tenure as Chairman we had plenty of players in successive squads who’d played at Wembley before joining us - whatever he told you you on a flight was not correct, not sure why you have no reason to disbelieve him when it’s a fact and I gave you a fair few examples of those players in my original reply to you above ...

Thank you for your facts

7 hours ago, Lew-T said:

Justin Lee Collins is not a celebrity.

Guy is a prize plum.

Was in hospitality a few years ago when JLC was there with a few mates.

Asked to give a speech and declared he was City through and through.

If you cut him he even bled red - his words not mine, but I did laugh

4 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Another strange response - you could just concede that your post saying “when SD was (Bristol City) Chairman he was the only one at the club who had played at Wembley” was incorrect ... 

I have no recollection of who was in the playing squad "at the time" SD made the comment. I also can't recall the exact date so it throws your "facts" into some doubt which therefore may also be incorrect. As I say I have no reason to disbelieve what he told me but if I ever meet him again (which is unlikely) I will certainly ask him to clarify the statement.

9 hours ago, BigTone said:

I have no recollection of who was in the playing squad "at the time" SD made the comment. I also can't recall the exact date so it throws your "facts" into some doubt which therefore may also be incorrect. As I say I have no reason to disbelieve what he told me but if I ever meet him again (which is unlikely) I will certainly ask him to clarify the statement.

Be sure you do Big Tone; millions of people await the answer with baited breath.  Empires have fallen for less.

5 minutes ago, City oz said:

What’s his name. Can he god bless city for going up to the Prem

Jack Ashton.

15454951-high_res-call-the-midwife-s7-f7

His Bristol accent sneaks into his voice every now and again – even on set. “We film six months on and six months off,” he explains. “I’m a Bristol City fan and, for the first week or so, if I’ve been to a game at the weekend and we’re doing an emotional scene, they’ll have to cut and say, ‘Can you not sound like you’re from Bristol? Because Tom’s not.’ I have to take a minute to get rid of that West Country lilt.”

After Ashton’s father died, the family paid for a bench in his name at Bristol’s Greville Smyth Park. “My dad was a lot older – the age of most people’s grandads – and he’d tell me about the American GIs playing baseball in that park in 1944. His bench looks down on where the baseball pitch was, so there’s quite a nice symmetry.”

https://www.radiotimes.com/news/tv/2019-02-04/call-the-midwife-star-jack-ashton-on-how-the-show-transformed-his-life/

https://www.radiotimes.com/news/tv/2019-02-04/call-the-midwife-star-jack-ashton-on-how-the-show-transformed-his-life/

22 hours ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

I’m pretty certain he’s a Gashead?

If we’re talking genuine City fans you can forget the likes of Justin Lee Collins, Jenson Button and various others who often get mentioned.

Mark Watson, Joe Sims, Robert Del Naja, the guy who rapped on the track ‘I Wanna Give You Devotion’ by Nomad, Marcus Trescothick, Tony Robinson, Jonathan Pearce, the Scott Brothers, Banksy and John Cleese are all City fans whether they are able to attend regularly or not.

Few others as well.

Not a bad little bunch especially when consider Rovers have Jeffery Archer and Hitler.

Sid Lawrence,did once say during an interview that he was in fact a City fan.

3 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Isn’t it a simple that SD was saying that  “Him and Reg were the only football chairman to have played at Wembley”....not anything to do with the playing squads associated to them.

Also, Elton’s cousin Roy played and scored in the Cup Final for Forest v Luton.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1959_FA_Cup_Final

Archived