IGNORED

Celebrities and famous people that support BCFC.

City oz

On 14/11/2019 at 13:28, nick jones of hereford said:

The late Cary Grant was a City fan, when he visited his mother in Bristol he often attended as a guest of Harry Dolman.

On 14/11/2019 at 13:41, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Bristolian yes.

No evidence of any interest in football

Been to at least one game: https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2009/may/26/david-foot-cary-grant-bristol-city

On a less-elevated plane, the bloke who is Art Ninja on CBBC is clearly a fan. He's from Essex, but lives in  Bristol. He's always filming bits of the show at AG, his flat is painted red, he's friends with Scrumpy (who also crops up on the show) and any time he draws a footballer, they wear a red kit.

1 hour ago, maxjak said:

if you think Bristols "finest"..with a huge fanbase all over the world,  are awful..........pray tell which bands IYHO are wonderful?  PS. No slight intended, just curious.

Bristols finest? Please tell me this is a joke?!

57 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

They were nominated for the Mercury Music Prize this year, have two critically acclaimed albums and are widely regarded as one of the best live acts going at the moment. Superb band.

Damn right, Idles are a fantastic, authentic band and amazing live. I greatly enjoy the fact that they are anathema to a slightly ruddy cheeked, pork orientated sector of our society.

All art is subjective of course, but there's nothing like boomers decrying shit they don't get and can't relate to, the selfish *******.

On 14/11/2019 at 20:20, Miah Dennehy said:

Years ago on A Question Of Sport, they showed a clip of Rovers v Spurs and referred to us as 'Bristol' which Lawrence picked up on and said 'Its Bristol Rovers', then there was a bit of an exchange in which he was asked if he was a Rovers fan to which he said yes, but then a couple of minutes later said he got it wrong and he was a City fan!

God knows how I remember shit like this when I can barely remember what I had for breakfast.

Well I'd suggest that there's more excuse for not remembering what you had for breakfast than for not being able to remember which Bristol football team you support!

14 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

They were nominated for the Mercury Music Prize this year, have two critically acclaimed albums and are widely regarded as one of the best live acts going at the moment. Superb band.

I would rather stick pins in my eye if im honest but appreciate everyone has different music taste.

17 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Then it really didn't come across in that clip. I'm not closed to modern music, Sleaford Mods for example are excellent, but that song lacked anything to lift it above the norm of an average garage band.

I'd probably enjoy it if they played down my local but I'm surprised that they're successful nationally if that song is representative of their oeuvre.

On 14/11/2019 at 16:16, BS4 on Tour... said:

Sorry to be a spoilsport,  but when SD was chairman we had players on our books such as Gary Owers, Paul Allen, Clayton Blackmore, Shaun Taylor,  David Howells,  Neil Heaney, Julian Watts, Keith Millen, Lee Peacock etc who’d all played at Wembley 

I never new clayton blackmore played for us ,that must of been during the rave days 

8 hours ago, Jim Davey said:

I never new clayton blackmore played for us ,that must of been during the rave days 

Yes, he was the backbone of the team during his loan spell in 1996 making 5 appearances.  Neil Heaney (another loan) was also a regular in 1999 making 3 appearances.  David Howells (surprise surprise another loan) appeared 8 times.  Paul Allen the heady heights of 15 appearances.

All in all long time servants of BCFC.

Archived