IGNORED

Celebrities and famous people that support BCFC.

City oz

2 minutes ago, Galway Red said:

Once? 

How many times does someone have to watch a team before they are qualified as a fan of a team? How many Man Utd fans have actually seen them play (not on TV)? Not all of them that claim to be Man Utd fans I’d guess.

I’d also hazard a guess that Trescothick has been fairly busy over the years? 

44 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Wonder if Lando was a fan before he had Bristol Sport sponsorship?

His father was part of Hargreaves Lansdown and now 501st Richest person in UK. Lando was born in Bristol. When I asked him City or Gas he said 'Always been City'... Gonna be the next Hamilton imo.

2 hours ago, Tipps69 said:

How many times does someone have to watch a team before they are qualified as a fan of a team? How many Man Utd fans have actually seen them play (not on TV)? Not all of them that claim to be Man Utd fans I’d guess.

I’d also hazard a guess that Trescothick has been fairly busy over the years? 

I've seen the likes of Chilcott, Joe Simms, Boldrick, the Scott Brothers many times at AG, not sure how busyTrescothick is in the winter recently either, my point is that I've never seen Trescothick at AG, of course that doesn't mean he doesn't go, also surprised we didn't get a mention in his autobiography seeing as he is/was president of some sort

38 minutes ago, Galway Red said:

I've seen the likes of Chilcott, Joe Simms, Boldrick, the Scott Brothers many times at AG, not sure how busyTrescothick is in the winter recently either, my point is that I've never seen Trescothick at AG, of course that doesn't mean he doesn't go, also surprised we didn't get a mention in his autobiography seeing as he is/was president of some sort

I’ve not seen the majority of people that have been claimed to be City ‘celebrities’ down The Gate, that doesn’t mean they aren’t. 

Trescothick has been doing plenty of Sky work while England have been touring abroad during the winter over the years & I’d guess he’s also involved with the day to day stuff down at Somerset as he’s something big within the cricket club, I’m sure you’re aware that being involved in a cricket club doesn’t just involve doing stuff between March & September so he will be busy throughout the whole year.

23 minutes ago, Tipps69 said:

I’ve not seen the majority of people that have been claimed to be City ‘celebrities’ down The Gate, that doesn’t mean they aren’t. 

Trescothick has been doing plenty of Sky work while England have been touring abroad during the winter over the years & I’d guess he’s also involved with the day to day stuff down at Somerset as he’s something big within the cricket club, I’m sure you’re aware that being involved in a cricket club doesn’t just involve doing stuff between March & September so he will be busy throughout the whole year.

Ok

29 minutes ago, Galway Red said:

Yep, he's an honorary vice president of BCFC.

Seen Joe Simms a fair bit at the Gate. He was in the Premier seating during the Leeds game this season with what I presume where his friends. One of which was the the bloke who does the Dacia advert voice over & has had various other acting jobs. Was acting a bit of a billy big b***ocks imo, certainly enjoyed trying to wind up the City fans around him anyway. Unfortunately it worked! Should add, he’s a Leeds fan. COYR 

On 16/11/2019 at 14:19, Eddie Hitler said:

Then it really didn't come across in that clip. I'm not closed to modern music, Sleaford Mods for example are excellent, but that song lacked anything to lift it above the norm of an average garage band.

I'd probably enjoy it if they played down my local but I'm surprised that they're successful nationally if that song is representative of their oeuvre.

I would suggest trying some other clips then, live at KEXP and this year's Glastonbury. 

I see quite a few similarities between Sleaford Mods and Idles, their punk attitude and political views are closely aligned. I like Sleaford Mods but let's be honest, musically they have a bloke playing looped tracks on a laptop. Hardly reinventing the wheel either! 

15 hours ago, Simon79 said:

Seen Joe Simms a fair bit at the Gate. He was in the Premier seating during the Leeds game this season with what I presume where his friends. One of which was the the bloke who does the Dacia advert voice over & has had various other acting jobs. Was acting a bit of a billy big b***ocks imo, certainly enjoyed trying to wind up the City fans around him anyway. Unfortunately it worked! Should add, he’s a Leeds fan. COYR 

Bloody good rep though.

On 17/11/2019 at 07:43, Bristol Rob said:

Wonder if Lando was a fan before he had Bristol Sport sponsorship?

Found out some more info yesterday... apparently Bristol Sport never paid a penny towards Lando. His father is minted and used to work for Hargreaves Lansdown. Lando was used amicably for Bristol Sport profile and his own. His dad and SL obviously respect one another. Landos dad is 500th richest person in UK.

On a side note... got to sit and 'chat' with Dani Alves yesterday...another guest of McLaren. He can't speak hardly any English...but via his manager and directly, he now knows about Bristol City.

First question Lando asked Alves...' what car do you drive?

First question Alves asked Lando...who do you follow?...Answer...Bristol City.

He got both barrels about the City.. COYR's ?

3 minutes ago, spudski said:

Found out some more info yesterday... apparently Bristol Sport never paid a penny towards Lando. His father is minted and used to work for Hargreaves Lansdown. Lando was used amicably for Bristol Sport profile and his own. His dad and SL obviously respect one another. Landos dad is 500th richest person in UK.

On a side note... got to sit and 'chat' with Dani Alves yesterday...another guest of McLaren. He can't speak hardly any English...but via his manager and directly, he now knows about Bristol City.

First question Lando asked Alves...' what car do you drive?

First question Alves asked Lando...who do you follow?...Answer...Bristol City.

He got both barrels about the City.. COYR's ?

Wouldn't mind the most decorated player of all time as competition for Hunt and Perriera ?

On 15/11/2019 at 22:01, Stortz said:

Damn right, Idles are a fantastic, authentic band and amazing live. I greatly enjoy the fact that they are anathema to a slightly ruddy cheeked, pork orientated sector of our society.

All art is subjective of course, but there's nothing like boomers decrying shit they don't get and can't relate to, the selfish *******.

Gammon and Boomers! Someone has swallowed the Urban Dictionary, haha!

I agree with you about the band - but calling people ‘selfish *******’ for not agreeing with you is rubbish ... bet you don’t criticise ‘millennials’ in the same way ...

Archived