Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

City oz

Celebrities and famous people that support BCFC.

Probably been a topic before but looked up too see if there are any famous City Fans out there. 

Marcus Trescothick, Tony Robinson, Jensen Button, and Banksy are 4. Any more out there ??

On the cricket front Leach was out on display at AG recently and Tom Abell has been dragged along to a game by a staff member whose a City fan

i'm famous and infamous in  my house, in the wider world  known as Richard Head/Arsen whole 

41 minutes ago, City oz said:

Probably been a topic before but looked up too see if there are any famous City Fans out there. 

Marcus Trescothick, Tony Robinson, Jensen Button, and Banksy are 4. Any more out there ??

Me

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Eddie Hitler said:

I like that we have had as Chairman the keyboard player out of Bros and as Manager one of the stars of Escape to Victory.

Few clubs can have such showbiz credentials.

What was amusing though is that our Chairman from Bros could claim at the time to be the only one in the club who had played at Wembley.

Edited by BigTone
  • Like 4

Robert Del Naja and Grant Marshall

Mark Watson

Richard Scudamore

Chris Wood (golfer)

2 minutes ago, Spoons said:

Jenson button....my arse is a city fan.

What's your arse famous for exactly?

• Haha 14
  • Flames 1

5 hours ago, BigTone said:

What was amusing though is that our Chairman from Bros could claim at the time to be the only one in the club who had played at Wembley.

Wasn't Joe Jordan manager when he became chairman? He'd played at Wembley.

Edited by Laner
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

Maisie Williams (Game of Thrones actress) is a City fan. 

Arguably the most important character in the best TV series ever. 

“Flag Day has always been a celebration, a family day, and Maisie was very young when she would come,” said one regular. “She’s as City as **** and her dad used to bring her.”

Maisie-Williams-Game-of-Thrones-Arya-Stark-1113483.jpg

BRJB20170714B-002.jpg

BRJB20170714B-001JPG.jpg

Edited by Seneca the Younger
  • Like 7
  • Flames 1

8 hours ago, City oz said:

Yeah, there has been one or two haha

Edited by Badger08

Sid Lawrence, former Glos cricketer.

Either that or he's a glory hunter as he was stood by me at the Chelsea FA cup game, and just along from me at the Liverpool floodlight game

Edited by cider hoss rules

2 hours ago, Seneca the Younger said:

Maisie Williams (Game of Thrones actress) is a City fan. 

Arguably the most important character in the best TV series ever. 

“Flag Day has always been a celebration, a family day, and Maisie was very young when she would come,” said one regular. “She’s as City as **** and her dad used to bring her.”

Strong evidence. However, whilst she was taken down by her Dad Gary she was recently asked about it on the One Show and said she used to hate it, and doesn't like football. So, don't think she counts.

Jacob Anderson who plays Grey Worm in GoT is however a bona fide City fan. 

• Sad 1

9 minutes ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

From: "I'm (not really) a Celebrity but Please, Please, Please Get Me Out of Here FFS".

Tonight's Bushtucker Trial being a high rooftop walk along a rickety structure while being battered by the elements, otherwise known as the stroll along the back of the tent stand to the directors chair. 

• Like 1

Me. I was once interviewed by the Evening Gazette on Teesside and appeared on Tyne Tees TV so I must be a 'celebrity' by today's standards. Certainly as much a 'celebrity' as the no marks that appear on such lame brain programmes as Strictly or I'm a (very minor) Celebrity (please don't come back). 

2 hours ago, cider hoss rules said:

Sid Lawrence, former Glos cricketer.

Either that or he's a glory hunter as he was stood by me at the Chelsea FA cup game, and just along from me at the Liverpool floodlight game

I’m pretty certain he’s a Gashead?

If we’re talking genuine City fans you can forget the likes of Justin Lee Collins, Jenson Button and various others who often get mentioned.

Mark Watson, Joe Sims, Robert Del Naja, the guy who rapped on the track ‘I Wanna Give You Devotion’ by Nomad, Marcus Trescothick, Tony Robinson, Jonathan Pearce, the Scott Brothers, Banksy and John Cleese are all City fans whether they are able to attend regularly or not.

Few others as well.

Not a bad little bunch especially when consider Rovers have Jeffery Archer and Hitler.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

42 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

If we’re talking genuine City fans you can forget the likes of Justin Lee Collins, Jenson Button and various others who often get mentioned.

Mark Watson, Joe Sims, Robert Del Naja, the guy who rapped on the track ‘I Wanna Give You Devotion’ by Nomad, Marcus Trescothick, Tony Robinson, Jonathan Pearce, the Scott Brothers, Banksy and John Cleese are all City fans whether they are able to attend regularly or not.

Few others as well.

Not a bad little bunch especially when consider Rovers have Jeffery Archer and Hitler.

That would be MC Mikee Freedom, pretty sure he did his little rap on the pitch at half time in a game in the past couple of seasons, not 100% certain which it was though.

50 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Few others as well.

Sam Mason too. Proper famous. 

What about that young chef fella

No idea what his name is, but he's from Bristol......

Wasn't Cary Grant one of us as well?

Edited by Woodsy