Jump to content

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

Celebrities and famous people that support BCFC.


Recommended Posts

7 hours ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

I’m pretty certain he’s a Gashead?

If we’re talking genuine City fans you can forget the likes of Justin Lee Collins, Jenson Button and various others who often get mentioned.

Mark Watson, Joe Sims, Robert Del Naja, the guy who rapped on the track ‘I Wanna Give You Devotion’ by Nomad, Marcus Trescothick, Tony Robinson, Jonathan Pearce, the Scott Brothers, Banksy and John Cleese are all City fans whether they are able to attend regularly or not.

Few others as well.

Not a bad little bunch especially when consider Rovers have Jeffery Archer and Hitler.

Years ago on A Question Of Sport, they showed a clip of Rovers v Spurs and referred to us as 'Bristol' which Lawrence picked up on and said 'Its Bristol Rovers', then there was a bit of an exchange in which he was asked if he was a Rovers fan to which he said yes, but then a couple of minutes later said he got it wrong and he was a City fan!

God knows how I remember shit like this when I can barely remember what I had for breakfast.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Bristolian yes.

No evidence of any interest in football

G*ahead then, huh?

5 hours ago, In the Net said:

Dean Edwards?  He played for City in a "legends" charity match, and I've seen photos of him in the hospitality area at AG.

That's him 👍

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Sorry to be a spoilsport,  but when SD was chairman we had players on our books such as Gary Owers, Paul Allen, Clayton Blackmore, Shaun Taylor,  David Howells,  Neil Heaney, Julian Watts, Keith Millen, Lee Peacock etc who’d all played at Wembley 

Not all the time. Actually it was SD who told me the story on a flight to Dublin following a game at AG one Saturday so I have ne reason to disbelieve him.

Edited by BigTone
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

I think the confusion surrounding Scott Davidson's claim was that, prior to us playing Watford in the mid 90s he stated that he and Elton John (who was Chairman of Watford at the time) were the only Chairmen of English Football Clubs  who had played at Wembley.  Scott had played for Bros at Wembley (and also played for the Pet Shop Boys but not sure if they played Wembley) and Elton John had played for the Elton John Band!

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, ever-red said:

Charlie Dimmock , Sarah jane can't remember her last name.

 

 

Charlie Dimmock ...that’s a bit random. Born in Romsey.

Apart from the Bristol’s link, how the hell did she end up supporting us? 

 

Would have thought Soton or Portsmouth, if she had an interest in footie. 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Bristolian yes.

No evidence of any interest in football

I have a picture of him at AG. 

My grandma knew him. Archie Leach Archie Leach he ran away and joined the bloody circus you know. https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2009/may/26/david-foot-cary-grant-bristol-city

Edited by REDOXO
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

I have a picture of him at AG. 

My grandma knew him. Archie Leach Archie Leach ran away and joined the bloody circus you know

Cary Grant ran away to play for Rovers?! 

  • Haha 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BigTone said:

Not all the time. Actually it was SD who told me the story on a flight to Dublin following a game at AG one Saturday so I have ne reason to disbelieve him.

Not sure what you mean by ‘all the time’ - but during SD’s tenure as Chairman we had plenty of players in successive squads who’d played at Wembley before joining us - whatever he told you you on a flight was not correct, not sure why you have no reason to disbelieve him when it’s a fact and I gave you a fair few examples of those players in my original reply to you above ...

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, hodge said:

On the cricket front Leach was out on display at AG recently and Tom Abell has been dragged along to a game by a staff member whose a City fan

Sadly Jack Leach isn't really a City fan. He's loosely a Liverpool fan but was invited down by the club. A couple of his close mates are keen City fans so gave him a briefing before his visit earlier in the season. I'm sure he can be easily converted though!

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Not sure what you mean by ‘all the time’ - but during SD’s tenure as Chairman we had plenty of players in successive squads who’d played at Wembley before joining us - whatever he told you you on a flight was not correct, not sure why you have no reason to disbelieve him when it’s a fact and I gave you a fair few examples of those players in my original reply to you above ...

Thank you for your facts

  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Lew-T said:

Justin Lee Collins is not a celebrity.

Guy is a prize plum.

Was in hospitality a few years ago when JLC was there with a few mates.

Asked to give a speech and declared he was City through and through.

If you cut him he even bled red - his words not mine, but I did laugh

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Another strange response - you could just concede that your post saying “when SD was (Bristol City) Chairman he was the only one at the club who had played at Wembley” was incorrect ... 

I have no recollection of who was in the playing squad "at the time" SD made the comment. I also can't recall the exact date so it throws your "facts" into some doubt which therefore may also be incorrect. As I say I have no reason to disbelieve what he told me but if I ever meet him again (which is unlikely) I will certainly ask him to clarify the statement.

  • Haha 7
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, BigTone said:

I have no recollection of who was in the playing squad "at the time" SD made the comment. I also can't recall the exact date so it throws your "facts" into some doubt which therefore may also be incorrect. As I say I have no reason to disbelieve what he told me but if I ever meet him again (which is unlikely) I will certainly ask him to clarify the statement.

Be sure you do Big Tone; millions of people await the answer with baited breath.  Empires have fallen for less.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, City oz said:

What’s his name. Can he god bless city for going up to the Prem

Jack Ashton.

15454951-high_res-call-the-midwife-s7-f7

His Bristol accent sneaks into his voice every now and again – even on set. “We film six months on and six months off,” he explains. “I’m a Bristol City fan and, for the first week or so, if I’ve been to a game at the weekend and we’re doing an emotional scene, they’ll have to cut and say, ‘Can you not sound like you’re from Bristol? Because Tom’s not.’ I have to take a minute to get rid of that West Country lilt.”

After Ashton’s father died, the family paid for a bench in his name at Bristol’s Greville Smyth Park. “My dad was a lot older – the age of most people’s grandads – and he’d tell me about the American GIs playing baseball in that park in 1944. His bench looks down on where the baseball pitch was, so there’s quite a nice symmetry.”

https://www.radiotimes.com/news/tv/2019-02-04/call-the-midwife-star-jack-ashton-on-how-the-show-transformed-his-life/

 

https://www.radiotimes.com/news/tv/2019-02-04/call-the-midwife-star-jack-ashton-on-how-the-show-transformed-his-life/

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

I’m pretty certain he’s a Gashead?

If we’re talking genuine City fans you can forget the likes of Justin Lee Collins, Jenson Button and various others who often get mentioned.

Mark Watson, Joe Sims, Robert Del Naja, the guy who rapped on the track ‘I Wanna Give You Devotion’ by Nomad, Marcus Trescothick, Tony Robinson, Jonathan Pearce, the Scott Brothers, Banksy and John Cleese are all City fans whether they are able to attend regularly or not.

Few others as well.

Not a bad little bunch especially when consider Rovers have Jeffery Archer and Hitler.

Sid Lawrence,did once say during an interview that he was in fact a City fan.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Isn’t it a simple that SD was saying that  “Him and Reg were the only football chairman to have played at Wembley”....not anything to do with the playing squads associated to them.

Also, Elton’s cousin Roy played and scored in the Cup Final for Forest v Luton.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1959_FA_Cup_Final

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...