Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

Celebrities and famous people that support BCFC.

On 15/11/2019 at 22:01, Stortz said:

Damn right, Idles are a fantastic, authentic band and amazing live. I greatly enjoy the fact that they are anathema to a slightly ruddy cheeked, pork orientated sector of our society.

All art is subjective of course, but there's nothing like boomers decrying shit they don't get and can't relate to, the selfish *******.

Gammon and Boomers! Someone has swallowed the Urban Dictionary, haha!

I agree with you about the band - but calling people ‘selfish *******’ for not agreeing with you is rubbish ... bet you don’t criticise ‘millennials’ in the same way ...

• Like 2
1 hour ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Gammon and Boomers! Someone has swallowed the Urban Dictionary, haha!

I agree with you about the band - but calling people ‘selfish *******’ for not agreeing with you is rubbish ... bet you don’t criticise ‘millennials’ in the same way ...

I wasn't saying it because anyone disagreed with me, it was just a general observation- and admittedly an intemperate one on reflection.

I don't really think one needs to check Urban Dictionary to be aware of those words though tbh. You're not showing your age a bit there are you BS4?!

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Septic Peg said:

Can't believe that in over 4 pages of posts, not one mention of THE WURZELS.

Disc race.

They're not all as Bristolian as some would make out. 

Are they all in fact City fans? 

Edited by CotswoldRed
2 hours ago, Stortz said:

I wasn't saying it because anyone disagreed with me, it was just a general observation- and admittedly an intemperate one on reflection.

I don't really think one needs to check Urban Dictionary to be aware of those words though tbh. You're not showing your age a bit there are you BS4?!

I didn’t check the Urban Dictionary, I’m well aware of the words you used or implied. But I’m not a big fan of the new, ‘street’ words and phrases - I find them intensely annoying ... stuff like snowflake, woke, mansplaining, gammon, boomer, etc etc etc etc!

But cheers for the response ...

• Like 3
On 18/11/2019 at 19:49, BS4 on Tour... said:

I didn’t check the Urban Dictionary, I’m well aware of the words you used or implied. But I’m not a big fan of the new, ‘street’ words and phrases - I find them intensely annoying ... stuff like snowflake, woke, mansplaining, gammon, boomer, etc etc etc etc!

But cheers for the response ...

Gammon is so spot on

• Like 2
On 15/11/2019 at 22:01, Stortz said:

Damn right, Idles are a fantastic, authentic band and amazing live. I greatly enjoy the fact that they are anathema to a slightly ruddy cheeked, pork orientated sector of our society.

All art is subjective of course, but there's nothing like boomers decrying shit they don't get and can't relate to, the selfish *******.

Currently in the 'canary islands with a few of the "old boy's"...lolling about swilling cheep beer all day.

Literally a 'wall of gammon - you should nab a flight down - I reckon your presence alone could push at least 'the one into 'CVA....

1 hour ago, Robert the bruce said:

Currently in the 'canary islands with a few of the "old boy's"...lolling about swilling cheep beer all day.

Literally a 'wall of gammon - you should nab a flight down - I reckon your presence alone could push at least 'the one into 'CVA....

Thanks for the invite Robert, I'm in!

Which island are you on? I'll get my speedos packed now, log on to Easyjet and await your reply.

I don't really understand the bold bit though tbh, and I just want to make it clear in advance that I'm not up for anything too kinky.

Edited by Stortz
  • Haha 1
On 16/11/2019 at 18:31, 54-46 said:

How many of these have actually been seen at AG?

Ive seen Joe Sims, the vicar fellow and the Massive Attack bloke but not any of the others mentioned

Chris Wood (the golfer) has a season ticket in the posh seats, although he's abroad a lot of the time.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Stortz said:

Thanks for the invite Robert, I'm in!

Which island are you on? I'll get my speedos packed now, log on to Easyjet and await your reply.

I don't really understand the bold bit though tbh, and I just want to make it clear in advance that I'm not up for anything too kinky.

I am !!!

• Haha 2
14 hours ago, Mike Hunt-Hertz said:

His dad's sagness is the grisly family secret that should never be mentioned!

Chris used to accompany his Dad to watch Rovers when he was younger, and I believe that his Dad sometimes uses the season ticket at AG, which must be some sort of payback for making him suffer as a kid.

• Like 1
27 minutes ago, Woodsy said:

It did seem a little far fetched! Prof Roberts still ticks boxes for me ☑️

She actually ‘liked’ my tweet of her photo looking from the Suspension Bridge across South Bristol. Said something like ‘Ashton Gate, so good they built a Bridge to view it from’.

Anyhow's, haven’t cleaned my iPad screen since I got her ‘like’ :-). 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
On 20/11/2019 at 03:05, CiderHider said:

Some other lesser unknown City fans,

David Attenborough

Prof Alice Roberts

Diana Dors

Euan Blair

Cary Grant

Wouldn't say any of those were City fans

On 20/11/2019 at 15:30, Mike Hunt-Hertz said:

I thought she came from Swindon?