IGNORED

Luke Williams - gone?

Midred

I am not really surprised when you consider he came as Under 23's coach when he joined us, but since then

most of our U23 players have been sent out on loan so he has not been coaching the best young uns (which

a Swindon supporter friend of mine says he is very good at.

The other thing that i dont think he would have been very happy with, was at the recent U23's game against

Birmingham City Lee Johnson came down from the stand to the touchline and was issuing instructions to the

players on the pitch, which i thought at the time was out of order.

22 minutes ago, dunsteral said:

I am not really surprised when you consider he came as Under 23's coach when he joined us, but since then

most of our U23 players have been sent out on loan so he has not been coaching the best young uns (which

The other thing that i dont think he would have been very happy with, was at the recent U23's game against

Birmingham City Lee Johnson came down from the stand to the touchline and was issuing instructions to the

Regarding the last sentence LJ is head coach and quite within his rights to coach any player or team under his remit.

I doubt LW was undermined or upset by his boss’s interest and support of his charges.

I could understand if Williams wants to have a crack at first team level .

2 hours ago, dunsteral said:

No it’s not out of order. LJ is HEAD coach.  That should tell you that he’s the boss of the entire playing side of the club and quite entitled to do as he pleases.

I’d imagine that the younger players were impressed and motivated to see LJ there and giving out practical and tactical advice

2 hours ago, dunsteral said:

23's football is there to develop players for 1st team football Williams has said as much in person, it is also used at times to test tactical elements for the 1st team, why would LJ communicate something to Williams just so he can get that to the players rather than go down and say it himself and ensure he can get his meaning and point across? 

3 hours ago, dunsteral said:

I’d be more concerned if LJ wasn’t getting involved with u23 football to be honest

One game earlier in the season as the U23s came off at half time L J walked down the tunnel and gave the nod to Semenyo, who was a sub, and sure enough Semenyo started the second half. The pitch side  management team had barely moved. It appeared LJ had made the decision but it could have been pre planned but why did LJ take the initiative?

4 hours ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

I’d be more concerned if LJ wasn’t getting involved with u23 football to be honest

Absolutely. Unlike our previous manager who didn’t bother at all. 

Anyway, anyone for Darren Way as next 23’s boss? Currently out of work and a great mate of LJ. Whilst his managerial tenure wasn’t covered in greatness, I’m told by people who’ve worked under him that he’s a great coach. 

5 minutes ago, Harry said:

Anyway, anyone for Darren Way as next 23’s boss? Currently out of work and a great mate of LJ. Whilst his managerial tenure wasn’t covered in greatness, I’m told by people who’ve worked under him that he’s a great coach. 

But if they start losing it would never be his fault. Never heard a manager with more excuses for defeat. 

• Admin
1 minute ago, Harry said:

Results aren’t important at u23

To a point, you don’t want any player/competitor in any sport to become used to losing and be told it doesn’t matter.  So whilst development is the main aim, it’s the complete development which should include determination, belief and a winning attitude.

6 minutes ago, Harry said:

Results aren’t important at u23

That's his first excuse. I hear this a lot but don't believe it. Most people is sport have a great desire to win whether they're playing football or monopoly or tiddlywinks with the kids. I don't regard myself as overly competitive but I beat myself up if I miss the front pin at skittles or the double in darts. You have to be disappointed and hurting if you lose. 

41 minutes ago, Harry said:

Really? He wasn’t well liked by Yeovil fans that I know and spoke to, even talk of him keeping his job because of his links with certain important people rather than him being any good. Certainly seemed to have a high opinion of himself though

1 hour ago, Harry said:

I think that's very likely actually, then if Holden or McAllister get poached he's a natural fit for assistant manager/coach

15 hours ago, redysteadygo said:

One game earlier in the season as the U23s came off at half time L J walked down the tunnel and gave the nod to Semenyo, who was a sub, and sure enough Semenyo started the second half. The pitch side  management team had barely moved. It appeared LJ had made the decision but it could have been pre planned but why did LJ take the initiative?

No problem with that what so ever. Ultimately LJ is responsible for everything football related. If he wants Semenyo to get some minutes then that's what happens. The U23s are not another football club, they are not in competition with us, their role is to assist the football club as a whole. The football club comes first, not the ego of some random U23s manager.

21 hours ago, dunsteral said:

Er why??

These players may one day have to play for him, he's trying to get the best out of every player at the club. And i trust LJ way more than Luke Williams

Luke Williams job was to manage the under 23's which means he does what LJ Says.

Archived