IGNORED

Luke Williams - gone?

Midred

3 hours ago, Up The City! said:

No problem with that what so ever. Ultimately LJ is responsible for everything football related. If he wants Semenyo to get some minutes then that's what happens. The U23s are not another football club, they are not in competition with us, their role is to assist the football club as a whole. The football club comes first, not the ego of some random U23s manager.

Agree with your sentiments it was just the way it was done.  Management styles come in many forms it just appeared very autocratic and undermining the authority of 

17 hours ago, Harry said:

Absolutely. Unlike our previous manager who didn’t bother at all. 

Anyway, anyone for Darren Way as next 23’s boss? Currently out of work and a great mate of LJ. Whilst his managerial tenure wasn’t covered in greatness, I’m told by people who’ve worked under him that he’s a great coach. 

Would not be surprised by this, because as you say, he is good friends with LJ & again, is known to be a very good coach, although not so good in front of the media! He will also be someone LJ trusts. He has also been to the Gate quite a few times since leaving Yeovil. So he would of definitely been around I would imagine in one way or another. COYR 

17 hours ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

That's his first excuse. I hear this a lot but don't believe it. Most people is sport have a great desire to win whether they're playing football or monopoly or tiddlywinks with the kids. I don't regard myself as overly competitive but I beat myself up if I miss the front pin at skittles or the double in darts. You have to be disappointed and hurting if you lose. 

That says a lot about you then. I (despite my age) play 5-a-side still. I play, I enjoy, I care not if I win or lose. It doesn’t stop me playing competitively and wanting to always do the right things, but the result doesn’t matter to me. The aim of the u23’s is to ready our players for 1st team football - tactically, technically, mentally. If they lose but performed to the plan set out by the 1st team manager then it matters not. 

16 hours ago, Citychuds said:

Really? He wasn’t well liked by Yeovil fans that I know and spoke to, even talk of him keeping his job because of his links with certain important people rather than him being any good. Certainly seemed to have a high opinion of himself though

But you have referenced Yeovil fans. I didn’t mention them. I said that I have heard from players who’ve worked under him that his is a very good coach. 

42 minutes ago, Harry said:

That says a lot about you then. I (despite my age) play 5-a-side still. I play, I enjoy, I care not if I win or lose. It doesn’t stop me playing competitively and wanting to always do the right things, but the result doesn’t matter to me. The aim of the u23’s is to ready our players for 1st team football - tactically, technically, mentally. If they lose but performed to the plan set out by the 1st team manager then it matters not. 

But you have referenced Yeovil fans. I didn’t mention them. I said that I have heard from players who’ve worked under him that his is a very good coach. 

Do you think Way is too friendly with LJ?  Just asking.

Similarly is he more pally with LJ than Macca (or Deano for that matter).

I know little about Way as a coach, but very aware of his playing days and his BBCRB interviews (eek).  With that lack of real knowledge of him as a coach, I wouldn’t mind us thinking a bit more left field in terms of a new Assistant Head-Coach or u23 manager if Alex Ball isn’t promoted from within.  I’m feeling old, I used to play Footie with his dad, and Alex used to play Whitchurch who my mate managed.

6 hours ago, Harry said:

Fair enough, we are different. But most professional sportsmen hate losing, certainly LJ does and has said so on many occasions. 

The u23s are excellent for the technical stuff but not for the edge that helps young players become men. This is why we send our best kids out on loan to play with men and to feel and understand the importance of winning and losing. 

9 hours ago, Harry said:

No you didn’t ask the about the fans however it seems in a tight nit club like Yeovil he was an unpopular manager and in the tight nit villages around he wasn’t well regarded either. Comments like keeping his job because the main sponsor have used their weight with the board and comments like Skiverton was great to have around the local kids teams Darren Way just thought he was a billy big balls. Now assume these conversations were weighed against him, his record at Yeovil was mediocre to say the least. Again assume his record was unfair to judge him on, which I don’t see especially when you listened to the lack of anything on radio interviews. That might make him a candidate on the other side of Bristol but with the ambitious regime we have? The only things by that puts him in the picture is being Lee Johnson’s mate, I’d hope we are beyond that now.

Here’s a left field thought.

If not Way (which I agree, seems a good shout), there’s a certain man formerly “of this parish” whose current job in league two isn’t working out and who also appears to have a good relationship with LJ without being, as in Darren Way, possibly too close. 

If the bullet comes for him in the Midlands it couldn’t happen (although the comedy value would be great), could it...?

1 hour ago, Silvio Dante said:

Here’s a left field thought.

If not Way (which I agree, seems a good shout), there’s a certain man formerly “of this parish” whose current job in league two isn’t working out and who also appears to have a good relationship with LJ without being, as in Darren Way, possibly too close. 

If the bullet comes for him in the Midlands it couldn’t happen (although the comedy value would be great), could it...?

He’d get a dog’s abuse .

Archived