IGNORED

Manchester City complain about Refs performance

Barry Sheene

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-7682367/Manchester-City-make-formal-complaint-referee-Michael-Oliver.html

Manchester City have made a formal complaint about Referee Micheal Oliver's performance on Sunday against Liverpool.

As a neutral i thought he got all the big decisions right.

7 minutes ago, Barry Sheene said:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-7682367/Manchester-City-make-formal-complaint-referee-Michael-Oliver.html

Manchester City have made a formal complaint about Referee Micheal Oliver's performance on Sunday against Liverpool.

As a neutral i thought he got all the big decisions right.

But the big decisions were made by VAR, does he get a say in those?

10 minutes ago, Bullbag said:

Really really beginning to despise Man City.

I'm not a 'fan' of any PL club, but they really piss me off.

I know what you mean.

On Radio 5's phone-in after the game, the Man City fans were so self-righteous and bad they made the Liverpool fans sound OK!

You cannot give the Liverpool handball and ignore the Man City one split seconds before it. The ball only hit TAA’s hand because it was played there off the hand of a City player (was it Aguero?). If Pep really wants these things given, then the decision was free kick in the penalty area to Liverpool. 

Either way, you play to the whistle. If the Man C players hadn’t been appealing for the penalty, perhaps they would have got back to defend the goal seconds later. 

1 hour ago, Southport Red said:

You cannot give the Liverpool handball and ignore the Man City one split seconds before it. The ball only hit TAA’s hand because it was played there off the hand of a City player (was it Aguero?). If Pep really wants these things given, then the decision was free kick in the penalty area to Liverpool. 

Either way, you play to the whistle. If the Man C players hadn’t been appealing for the penalty, perhaps they would have got back to defend the goal seconds later. 

That's just how I saw it as well.

Of course, the VAR administrators muddied the waters by making the pronouncement about Silva's handball, i.e. if an attacker handles the ball in the penalty area, whatever the circumstances,  and it results in a goal then it's a freekick, but they then said that in this case as no goal was a scored Silva's handball was ignored and didn't affect the decision re TAA's subsequent "handball".

This, to me , is a load of b****x - it's either handball or it's not  and how can the outcome change the offence?

Perhaps Pep's argument is that as a goal did result from Silva's handball then the ref should have penalised it and given Liverpool a freekick in their own penalty area!  :)

40 minutes ago, downendcity said:

That's just how I saw it as well.

Of course, the VAR administrators muddied the waters by making the pronouncement about Silva's handball, i.e. if an attacker handles the ball in the penalty area, whatever the circumstances,  and it results in a goal then it's a freekick, but they then said that in this case as no goal was a scored Silva's handball was ignored and didn't affect the decision re TAA's subsequent "handball".

This, to me , is a load of b****x - it's either handball or it's not  and how can the outcome change the offence?

Perhaps Pep's argument is that as a goal did result from Silva's handball then the ref should have penalised it and given Liverpool a freekick in their own penalty area!  :)

Outside the area wasnt it? So VAR cant get involved with that, it's down to the refs on field decision. 

Archived