Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

Barry Sheene

Manchester City complain about Refs performance

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-7682367/Manchester-City-make-formal-complaint-referee-Michael-Oliver.html

Manchester City have made a formal complaint about Referee Micheal Oliver's performance on Sunday against Liverpool.

As a neutral i thought he got all the big decisions right.

7 minutes ago, Barry Sheene said:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-7682367/Manchester-City-make-formal-complaint-referee-Michael-Oliver.html

Manchester City have made a formal complaint about Referee Micheal Oliver's performance on Sunday against Liverpool.

As a neutral i thought he got all the big decisions right.

But the big decisions were made by VAR, does he get a say in those?

• Like 1

Officials I thought did OK. 

Just think what they might have done had the officials acted against all the moaning, whinging and play-acting City got involved with....?

10 minutes ago, Bullbag said:

Really really beginning to despise Man City.

I'm not a 'fan' of any PL club, but they really piss me off.

I know what you mean.

On Radio 5's phone-in after the game, the Man City fans were so self-righteous and bad they made the Liverpool fans sound OK!

• Like 1

When I saw the thread title I assumed Man City were upset that the referee didn't cheat as much as they normally do. The ref must try harder to do that. 

• Like 2

On 15/11/2019 at 13:13, Bullbag said:

Really really beginning to despise Man City.

I'm not a 'fan' of any PL club, but they really piss me off.

I'm really starting to despise the fact that these decisions domt get given at Anfield, in front of the top when they would be given elsewhere.

• Haha 1

You cannot give the Liverpool handball and ignore the Man City one split seconds before it. The ball only hit TAA’s hand because it was played there off the hand of a City player (was it Aguero?). If Pep really wants these things given, then the decision was free kick in the penalty area to Liverpool. 

Either way, you play to the whistle. If the Man C players hadn’t been appealing for the penalty, perhaps they would have got back to defend the goal seconds later. 

Edited by Southport Red

1 hour ago, Southport Red said:

You cannot give the Liverpool handball and ignore the Man City one split seconds before it. The ball only hit TAA’s hand because it was played there off the hand of a City player (was it Aguero?). If Pep really wants these things given, then the decision was free kick in the penalty area to Liverpool. 

Either way, you play to the whistle. If the Man C players hadn’t been appealing for the penalty, perhaps they would have got back to defend the goal seconds later. 

That's just how I saw it as well.

Of course, the VAR administrators muddied the waters by making the pronouncement about Silva's handball, i.e. if an attacker handles the ball in the penalty area, whatever the circumstances,  and it results in a goal then it's a freekick, but they then said that in this case as no goal was a scored Silva's handball was ignored and didn't affect the decision re TAA's subsequent "handball".

This, to me , is a load of b****x - it's either handball or it's not  and how can the outcome change the offence?

Perhaps Pep's argument is that as a goal did result from Silva's handball then the ref should have penalised it and given Liverpool a freekick in their own penalty area!  :)

40 minutes ago, downendcity said:

That's just how I saw it as well.

Of course, the VAR administrators muddied the waters by making the pronouncement about Silva's handball, i.e. if an attacker handles the ball in the penalty area, whatever the circumstances,  and it results in a goal then it's a freekick, but they then said that in this case as no goal was a scored Silva's handball was ignored and didn't affect the decision re TAA's subsequent "handball".

This, to me , is a load of b****x - it's either handball or it's not  and how can the outcome change the offence?

Perhaps Pep's argument is that as a goal did result from Silva's handball then the ref should have penalised it and given Liverpool a freekick in their own penalty area!  :)

Outside the area wasnt it? So VAR cant get involved with that, it's down to the refs on field decision. 

1 hour ago, Up The City! said:

Outside the area wasnt it? So VAR cant get involved with that, it's down to the refs on field decision. 

No, both Silva’s handball and TAA’s handballs were  inside the area ...