IGNORED

England v Montenegro

Super

Just now, arrytheb said:

Genuine question or thought, was it Gomez getting booed because of the Sterling thing or was it because Southgate brought a defender on for a midfielder?? People around me just seemed suprised 

It was for the obvious. Why would anyone boo otherwise. It’s the **** generation , utter morons . I’ve seen Raheem sterling’s twitter account tonight sticking up for Gomez , ******* idiots 

3 minutes ago, arrytheb said:

Genuine question or thought, was it Gomez getting booed because of the Sterling thing or was it because Southgate brought a defender on for a midfielder?? People around me just seemed suprised 

Was at the game and my sense is that it was 100% because of the Sterling thing.

As said above, it’s moronic. Gomez joins the list of Crouch, Hargreaves, Ashley Cole, Alan Thompson and Gary Neville in being booed in relatively recent times. 

Just now, steviestevieneville said:

It was for the obvious. Why would anyone boo otherwise. It’s the **** generation , utter morons . I’ve seen Raheem sterling’s twitter account tonight sticking up for Gomez , ******* idiots 

Yeah tbf I've just seen that. I gave it the benefit of the doubt as I was suprised a defender came on for a midfielder but seems I was wrong. 

Didn't boo by the way

Who’d have thought that a team without Henderson could play fast-tempo, fluid, expansive, attacking football?

Anyhows, got a decent core developing...... Pickford, Maguire, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Sterling, Kane, Rashford.

The question is which other five players do you use to provide balance with some midfield and defensive solidity? Also in need of someone who is going orchestrate play to best utilise those attacking gems. 

I was at the game and was really surprised when he got booed.

from where I was sat surrounded by fans from London/ Birmingham area it certainly did not come from our part of the ground . 

Felt really sorry for him ?

first half performance from England was superb, but Montenegro were terrible at the back ?

9 hours ago, steviestevieneville said:

It would have been louder in the past.

It was an inevitable consequence of Sterling being dropped in public. Victims gravitate to victims and the aggrieved and offended will side with those they perceive to have been wronged. Humans take sides even when wrong. It is normal psychology. 

The England Manager should have understood what his public actions would do.

4 minutes ago, Cowshed said:

It would have been louder in the past.

It was an inevitable consequence of Sterling being dropped in public. Victims gravitate to victims and the aggrieved and offended will side with those they perceive to have been wronged. Humans take sides even when wrong. It is normal psychology. 

The England Manager should have understood what his public actions would do.

Utter bollocks, sorry. Stop excusing morons. 

Just now, Cowshed said:

Why? Where was the excuse?

It would have been surprising for there have been no response from in attendance. 

You literally just placed the blame for the actions of the moronic minority at the feet of Southgate, when of course the moronic minority are to blame for their own ridiculous actions. 

24 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

You literally just placed the blame for the actions of the moronic minority at the feet of Southgate, when of course the moronic minority are to blame for their own ridiculous actions. 

Your reply earlier in its use of bollocks was predictable. People on this threads responses are predictably aggressive.

The same can be said for a football crowd. Shocked by a crowd  showing a expected emotion?  Mr Southgate or anybody should not be. What you expect you  can attempt to manage.

1 hour ago, JulieH said:

I was at the game and was really surprised when he got booed.

from where I was sat surrounded by fans from London/ Birmingham area it certainly did not come from our part of the ground . 

Felt really sorry for him ?

first half performance from England was superb, but Montenegro were terrible at the back ?

We're you there as a fan or in a work capacity?  For what it's worth I always appreciate your input on OTIB.

2 hours ago, RedRock said:

Who’d have thought that a team without Henderson could play fast-tempo, fluid, expansive, attacking football?

Anyhows, got a decent core developing...... Pickford, Maguire, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Sterling, Kane, Rashford.

The question is which other five players do you use to provide balance with some midfield and defensive solidity? Also in need of someone who is going orchestrate play to best utilise those attacking gems. 

Completely agree re Henderson, just don’t get him. The tempo Winks played at was excellent, regardless of the opposition. However I think Maguire is limited, especially against players with good movement. Pickford I hope will calm down a bit, but is agile and decent playing out.

9 minutes ago, steveybadger said:

Completely agree re Henderson, just don’t get him. The tempo Winks played at was excellent, regardless of the opposition. However I think Maguire is limited, especially against players with good movement. Pickford I hope will calm down a bit, but is agile and decent playing out.

What exactly don't you get about him?

2 hours ago, RedRock said:

Against the might of Montenegro, put that midfield up against a top tier team and could easily be a different case

1 minute ago, hodge said:

Against the might of Montenegro, put that midfield up against a top tier team and could easily be a different case

Absolutely. Madness to say we could play with such an attacking midfield against anyone good. Even Montenegro played some decent football around them in the middle of the pitch. 

Amazing how many say they don’t rate Henderson when he’s playing in arguably one of the best teams in world football right now :laugh: 

39 minutes ago, Cowshed said:

Your reply earlier in its use of bollocks was predictable. People on this threads responses are predictably aggressive.

The same can be said for a football crowd. Shocked by a crowd  showing a expected emotion?  Mr Southgate or anybody should not be. What you expect you  can attempt to manage.

Expected? You think it’s expected behaviour to be booed for having been assaulted by a colleague?

In what possible way is that expected? 

You seem very keen to lay the blame for the whole situation anywhere but at the actual cause. 

The fact that 99.9% of people find the reaction utterly moronic suggests that it’s anything but the expected reaction. 

45 minutes ago, RedDave said:

From memory the players booed over the years are

John Barnes
David Beckham
Sol Campbell 
Ashley Cole
Raheem Sterling 
Joe Gomez

Anyone got any more?  Interesting that five out of the six are black. 

I’ve heard Gary Neville, Owen Hargreaves, Peter Crouch and Alan Thompson all get booed in an England shirt. 

Archived