Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

Super

England v Montenegro

2 minutes ago, Super said:

This could be double figures. Montenegro are useless.

...England are playing a lovely brand of football.  Don’t forget we’ve had games in the past where we’ve struggled to break down a team parking the bus.

Its a nice watch.

• Like 2

4-0 is a dangerous score

well it is if you are Montenegro!

Yeah, it’s one way traffic. England completely dominant. Kane gets his hat trick. Easy peasy.

9 minutes ago, Super said:

This could be double figures. Montenegro are useless.

Could well be double-figures....but the opposition on the ball look half decent. 

Defence a bit dodgy mind. ... but maybe that’s down to our attacking quality. 

Nice stuff England, fluid, fast attacking football. Class. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

Kane now has a goals to games ratio of 0.7. Well behind past greats like Lawton, Mortenson and Lofthouse (who are all above 0.9) but better than players of the 'modern' era being above Lineker's 0.68.

No doubt he will break the scoring record.

Just now, formerly known as ivan said:

To think we made Tammy...

We saw a carbon copy of that goal so many times. Gadget legs just reaching out to stick the ball into the net.

• Like 4
  • Robin 1

1 minute ago, formerly known as ivan said:

I’m so pleased for him. I don’t think we can underestimate how much that loan deal has done for us too. I don’t think we would’ve signed Kalas, Palmer and Dasilva without him. Similarly, we wouldn’t have been allowed to table a serious bid for Nketiah without that loan spell. 

• Like 7
  • Rovers 1

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

I really rate Chilwell in this England team.  Plays with his head up.  Always sees a passing option.

Against Montengro..

I have big doubts about him against better opposition as I've seen in the past.

But lets hope he's learning all the time, he also must be full of confidence with Leicester going so well.

9 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

Against Montengro..

I have big doubts about him against better opposition as I've seen in the past.

But lets hope he's learning all the time, he also must be full of confidence with Leicester going so well.

Was thinking overall, not just tonight.  He’s played some tough opponents in Spain, Croatia etc in his fledgling international career.  I like the way he plays.  Tonight was him taking full advantage of poor opposition.

1 hour ago, formerly known as ivan said:

No we didn’t. 

We helped his development as did Swansea and Villa then he returned to Chelsea as a top striker and regular starter in the PL. 

Tonight he scored his first goal as a full England player.

2 hours ago, Davefevs said:

I really rate Chilwell in this England team.  Plays with his head up.  Always sees a passing option.

He is in my opinion a better all round full back than Alexander Arnold. AA has a dream of a right foot but that’s it, Chilwell has a good all round game both defensively and attacking and has a great left foot 

10 minutes ago, INCRED said:

He is in my opinion a better all round full back than Alexander Arnold. AA has a dream of a right foot but that’s it, Chilwell has a good all round game both defensively and attacking and has a great left foot 

I like them both.  Would’ve liked to have seen Tomori instead of Stones tonight.

39 minutes ago, Robbored said:

No we didn’t. 

We helped his development as did Swansea and Villa then he returned to Chelsea as a top striker and regular starter in the PL. 

Tonight he scored his first goal as a full England player.

Do you do anything than state the bleeding  obvious 

• Like 2

Just now, steviestevieneville said:

Morons , complete morons 

Genuine question or thought, was it Gomez getting booed because of the Sterling thing or was it because Southgate brought a defender on for a midfielder?? People around me just seemed suprised 

Just now, arrytheb said:

Genuine question or thought, was it Gomez getting booed because of the Sterling thing or was it because Southgate brought a defender on for a midfielder?? People around me just seemed suprised 

It was for the obvious. Why would anyone boo otherwise. It’s the **** generation , utter morons . I’ve seen Raheem sterling’s twitter account tonight sticking up for Gomez , ******* idiots 

3 minutes ago, arrytheb said:

Was at the game and my sense is that it was 100% because of the Sterling thing.

As said above, it’s moronic. Gomez joins the list of Crouch, Hargreaves, Ashley Cole, Alan Thompson and Gary Neville in being booed in relatively recent times. 

Just now, steviestevieneville said:

It was for the obvious. Why would anyone boo otherwise. It’s the **** generation , utter morons . I’ve seen Raheem sterling’s twitter account tonight sticking up for Gomez , ******* idiots 

Yeah tbf I've just seen that. I gave it the benefit of the doubt as I was suprised a defender came on for a midfielder but seems I was wrong. 

Didn't boo by the way

8 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Just checked - one cap, one goal! I don’t remember that. Thanks!

It was that Sweden game, exactly 7 years ago tonight, where Zlatan scored that insane overhead kick and we got thumped. 

7 minutes ago, Wade Wilson said:

It was that Sweden game, exactly 7 years ago tonight, where Zlatan scored that insane overhead kick and we got thumped. 

Was a very strange game. England were 2-1 up with 15 minutes to go. Then Ryan Shawcross came on and Zlatan ran riot. 

10 hours ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Gomez getting booed, what the **** is wrong with people. 

There's always been a f*cktard element among England fans. Small percentage, but present nonetheless. Tossers!

Edited by Red7
  • Like 2

Who’d have thought that a team without Henderson could play fast-tempo, fluid, expansive, attacking football?

Anyhows, got a decent core developing...... Pickford, Maguire, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Sterling, Kane, Rashford.

The question is which other five players do you use to provide balance with some midfield and defensive solidity? Also in need of someone who is going orchestrate play to best utilise those attacking gems. 

I was at the game and was really surprised when he got booed.

from where I was sat surrounded by fans from London/ Birmingham area it certainly did not come from our part of the ground . 

Felt really sorry for him 😢

first half performance from England was superb, but Montenegro were terrible at the back 😂

• Like 4

9 hours ago, steviestevieneville said:

It would have been louder in the past.

It was an inevitable consequence of Sterling being dropped in public. Victims gravitate to victims and the aggrieved and offended will side with those they perceive to have been wronged. Humans take sides even when wrong. It is normal psychology. 

The England Manager should have understood what his public actions would do.

Edited by Cowshed
  • Confused 2
  • Rovers 1

4 minutes ago, Cowshed said:

It would have been louder in the past.

It was an inevitable consequence of Sterling being dropped in public. Victims gravitate to victims and the aggrieved and offended will side with those they perceive to have been wronged. Humans take sides even when wrong. It is normal psychology. 

The England Manager should have understood what his public actions would do.

Utter bollocks, sorry. Stop excusing morons. 

• Like 6

19 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Utter bollocks, sorry. Stop excusing morons. 

Why? Where was the excuse?

It would have been surprising for there have been no response from in attendance. 

Just now, Cowshed said:

Why? Where was the excuse?

It would have been surprising for there have been no response from in attendance. 

You literally just placed the blame for the actions of the moronic minority at the feet of Southgate, when of course the moronic minority are to blame for their own ridiculous actions. 

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

You literally just placed the blame for the actions of the moronic minority at the feet of Southgate, when of course the moronic minority are to blame for their own ridiculous actions. 

Your reply earlier in its use of bollocks was predictable. People on this threads responses are predictably aggressive.

The same can be said for a football crowd. Shocked by a crowd  showing a expected emotion?  Mr Southgate or anybody should not be. What you expect you  can attempt to manage.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, JulieH said:

I was at the game and was really surprised when he got booed.

from where I was sat surrounded by fans from London/ Birmingham area it certainly did not come from our part of the ground . 

Felt really sorry for him 😢

first half performance from England was superb, but Montenegro were terrible at the back 😂

We're you there as a fan or in a work capacity?  For what it's worth I always appreciate your input on OTIB.