IGNORED

Wigan away train.

BCFC1512

It feels like a long 20 minutes what with crossing roads at various lights but doable - best to cut across the retail park to the large junction at the far end and follow the main road into town, people and cars will be going that way. There is an unsigned quicker route over the canal behind the far end of the ground but we got horribly lost, you end up among terraced houses and eventually come in at the other side of town, if you have the time however there are some amazing old boozers like the Anvil to loose an hour or two in.

Wigan is a great town, had Friday nights out there the last two seasons (Bolton A 17-18, Wigan A 18-19) don't be like everyone else and drink in the big Spoons in town or the Harvester type pub in the retail park by the ground - the town has some cracking little old pubs and bars if you seek them out.

I did Wigan on the train and missed the first one back which was someting like 17.29 or similar, but that was because I went the wrong way in the dark and ended up with those terrace houses, but I reckon yes its doable if you are confident of you route back, i'm sure it was a straight run with Cross Country from Temple Meads I see its a New Street change now.

2 hours ago, Olé said:

It feels like a long 20 minutes what with crossing roads at various lights but doable - best to cut across the retail park to the large junction at the far end and follow the main road into town, people and cars will be going that way. There is an unsigned quicker route over the canal behind the far end of the ground but we got horribly lost, you end up among terraced houses and eventually come in at the other side of town, if you have the time however there are some amazing old boozers like the Anvil to loose an hour or two in.

Wigan is a great town, had Friday nights out there the last two seasons (Bolton A 17-18, Wigan A 18-19) don't be like everyone else and drink in the big Spoons in town or the Harvester type pub in the retail park by the ground - the town has some cracking little old pubs and bars if you seek them out.

The Old Pear Tree was a great little boozer last time I went .

25 minutes ago, culverhays said:

when would people expect these to go on general sale, as I need to pre book train ( I'm in Cambridgeshire) possibly next week to get cheapest train tickets

would we expect this to go to pay on day? 

It’ll comfortably go to pay on the day, can’t see us taking more than 1200-1300 up there if that

Archived