IGNORED

Josh Brownhill signs for Burnley; CONFIRMED

REDOXO

48 minutes ago, Forever Red 94 said:

I’ve heard City have received a bid from a premier league club for josh Brownhill, possibly Brighton. 

No doubt caught the eye last season when they were scouting Webster.

Can't believe they'd bid much on this season's performances.

If they have put in a bid which matches our no doubt high valuation though we should take it without hesitation because he's hit a very typical stagnation mode at AG.

1 minute ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

No doubt caught the eye last season when they were scouting Webster.

Can't believe they'd bid much on this season's performances.

If they have put in a bid 'we can't refuse' though we should take it without hesitation because he's hit a very typical stagnation mode at AG.

No doubt. The only thing I question is whether he’s proved enough for a side to spend the kind of money we’d be looking for

1 minute ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Already equalled his record League goals return in a season, maybe not quite that stagnant.

Brownhill's all round game has been very disappointing this season; he's going backwards here if anything.

His goals, while very welcome, haven't masked that at all afaic.

8 minutes ago, Forever Red 94 said:

No doubt. The only thing I question is whether he’s proved enough for a side to spend the kind of money we’d be looking for

Unless we are more desperate for cash than we are aware of I doubt we'll sell below our valuation, which will be high imo. -  so we'll get a very good fee if he goes.

They'll also be buying a young but experienced player they will be confident of improving.

4 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Unless we are more desperate for cash than we are aware of I doubt we'll sell below our valuation, which will be high imo. -  so we'll get a very good fee if he goes.

They'll also be buying a young but experienced player they will be confident of improving.

They may accept a lower offer than we’d anticipate, if it meant we’d have the funds for a top striker

1 minute ago, Forever Red 94 said:

They may accept a lower offer than we’d anticipate, if it meant we’d have the funds for a top striker

You may be right, although on the other hand we may need to sell high to get that striker (or 2).

I reckon the club view Brownhill as one of our few current players that could bring in big money, one of our top assets - and they'll therefore have a minimum fee they won't budge from.

MA has negotiated surprisingly high fees recently, I'd expect that to continue.

8 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

You may be right, although on the other hand we may need to sell high to get that striker (or 2).

I reckon the club view Brownhill as one of our few current players that could bring in big money, one of our top assets - and they'll therefore have a minimum fee they won't budge from.

MA has negotiated surprisingly high fees recently, I'd expect that to continue.

Well if we get a high fee and they get this season’s JB, they’re going to feel like theyve had their pants pulled down!

Best time to sell for us anyway. We have loads of cm’s, 2 adequate ( possibly ) replacements out on loan to come back and i’d argue his fee could be spent on more improvements to the squad ( how many more does LJ need?!?!!!! ). 

2 hours ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Brownhill's all round game has been very disappointing this season; he's going backwards here if anything.

His goals, while very welcome, haven't masked that at all afaic.

I tend to agree with you, however the same could be said for most of our team. I do wonder if a vast improvement maybe seen from him under different management.

Dont see us getting a huge fee for him. A more Bryan fee rather than a Webster.

55 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Think he might be off.  No ITK, just think it’s the right time for him and club.

If he'd been in great form, inspirationally leading the team in a genuine charge for the play offs we'd surely wait until we see how the season pans out.

As it is, sell him.

11 minutes ago, BCFC Grim said:

I tend to agree with you, however the same could be said for most of our team. I do wonder if a vast improvement maybe seen from him under different management.

Dont see us getting a huge fee for him. A more Bryan fee rather than a Webster.

Interesting one, difficult to put a value on him.

24 a couple of weeks ago, almost 250 apps. under his belt, 26 goals, Captain at 23, constant improver (until this season imo.) but potential to get much better.

Agree not a Webster type fee, but probably more than Bryan - we'll hold out for maybe 12m would be my guess.

5 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

24 a couple of weeks ago, almost 250 apps. under his belt, 26 goals, Captain at 23, constant improver (until this season imo.) but potential to get much better.

Agree not a Webster type fee, but probably more than Bryan - we'll hold out for maybe 12m would be my guess.

Plus Bryan was running down his contract yet we got a lot more than many on here were predicting. The same was even more true of Reid of course.

I don't see Burnley meeting the kind of fee we are likely to want in any event.

If there is legs to Brighton/Burnley coming in then they are attempting to do business early, rather than get in a possible bidding war in July.

Brownhill has been a bit off form of late, but this maybe the reason. If it is Brighton then I suspect Webster is key!

2 hours ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

It would need to be £15m plus I imagine

Realistically his value is probably around 8m. January premium probably closer to 10m and with MA track record I would guess we would get 12m minimum if he left this month. If in the summer think 10m is a solid number.

Only similar player I can remember is Jeff Hendrick to Burnley for 10m a few years ago. Similar types hard working box to box and can pop up with 6-8 goals a season at our level. Not many examples lately so not sure if value of those players has gone up much. 

16 hours ago, archie andrews said:

Get Joe Morrell back then... Add a bit of bite in midfield 

I'm unsure.

Not about Morrell, more that consistent development strategy, stability- can be quite important to a player and how they develop.

Can see why we did it, but don't think recalling Semenyo when we did helped him (or more importantly us). 

Archived