IGNORED

Josh Brownhill signs for Burnley; CONFIRMED

REDOXO

If true then why the rubbish about a ‘bruised foot’ just say he’s been subject to interest so won’t be playing. Fans would prefer that! 

Of course, could yet still be his agent (who we all know loves to get his name out there every window) making these things up.

If we can get if we can get them up to 8m plus a player (Vydra or Gibson) then it’s  no brainer. 

Josh is a good player and very likeable but we also have players capable of slotting straight in. 

I also believe that we could buy a player of similar ability for less than we would sell for. John Swift at Reading would be my choice.

However for 7m alone I would refuse. Brownhill is likely to be the highest value within our squad at the moment, We should be able to get a better deal than 7m on its own.

36 minutes ago, Robin Wood said:

If Josh is the calibre of player Burnley are after it won't that many seasons before they return to the championship 

TBF to Dyche he bought Jack Cork (who couldn't get in Swansea's team) and turned him into a regular Premiership player.

Brownhill is very highly rated by the statistician’s & pundits, it seems to me that a fair few City fans simply expect too much & you only realise what you had when no longer have it available to you.

Brownhill would be a big loss to us, in my opinion but it all depends on what sort of deal we could get, should he move on. A decent replacement or player in another position that we need (striker) & it may help cushion the blow of losing him but for me, no one else in our squad offers what Brownhill does, it’s been years since we’ve had a goal scoring midfielder or someone that can get into those positions & Brownhill is someone that is offering us that right now & I don’t see Massengo, Nagy, Smith, Morrell or Walsh  offering us that right now. It would leave a big hole to fill.

41 minutes ago, AshtonRobin21 said:

If we can get if we can get them up to 8m plus a player (Vydra or Gibson) then it’s  no brainer. 

Josh is a good player and very likeable but we also have players capable of slotting straight in. 

I also believe that we could buy a player of similar ability for less than we would sell for. John Swift at Reading would be my choice.

However for 7m alone I would refuse. Brownhill is likely to be the highest value within our squad at the moment, We should be able to get a better deal than 7m on its own.

Or no cash involved just trade us both Vydra and Gibson ?

22 minutes ago, Sir Geoff said:

TBF to Dyche he bought Jack Cork (who couldn't get in Swansea's team) and turned him into a regular Premiership player.

Not quite true, Cork played 65 premier league games for Swansea in the two seasons before he left to join Burnley - Dyche does seem to have got a ‘bit more’ out of him though ...

To be honest he has been rubbish since we all had a look round his posh but pokey little flat. He needs to get off the PlayStation & get out more - it can’t be good for a lad of his age to spend so much time stuck inside. Isn’t he a Northern lad anyway?

Surely we can get a better deal than £7m for one of our better players though & if that then funds another striker then I say go for it.

Not one to normally spread rumours or anything, but... yesterday I was doing backstage for a show and one of the actors said that a few days ago his son was in a restaurant in town and Brownhill came in with his parents and that JB was looking a bit distressed. 

Long story short, they heard JB's mum say "if you want to go to Burnley, go to Burnley".

2 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

Not one to normally spread rumours or anything, but... yesterday I was doing backstage for a show and one of the actors said that a few days ago his son was in a restaurant in town and Brownhill came in with his parents and that JB was looking a bit distressed. 

Long story short, they heard JB's mum say "if you want to go to Burnley, go to Burnley".

?

6 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

I don’t wanna go to Burnley ...

??

11 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

Love it

1 hour ago, AshtonRobin21 said:

Spot on re: value. Personally would like to see Morrell back before we spend on another CM.

45 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

Interesting......but did it look like he had a bruised foot??

1 hour ago, JamesBCFC said:

???

1 hour ago, JamesBCFC said:

I heard Elvis Costello sing “I don’t want to go to Chelsea”. At that point I knew he’d never play for a top flight club. 

22 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

I heard Ellis Costello sing “I don’t want to go to Chelsea”. At that point I knew he’d never play for a top flight club. 

When the single came out in '78 Chelsea were struggling and on the verge of relegation from the top flight iirc.

77-78 they finished 16th ( one place above us)

Relegated in last place 78-79.

7 million would be poor wouldn't it?

7 plus either Gibson or Vydra on loan would not be great, as they'd only be on loan. But at least get one of those in the deal, maybe both. But yeah that is unlikely. Swap deals seem to rarely happen nowadays.

Archived