IGNORED

Josh Brownhill signs for Burnley; CONFIRMED

REDOXO

1 hour ago, JonDolman said:

7 million would be poor wouldn't it?

7 plus either Gibson or Vydra on loan would not be great, as they'd only be on loan. But at least get one of those in the deal, maybe both. But yeah that is unlikely. Swap deals seem to rarely happen nowadays.

When was the last time we swapped a player. The only one I can remember was McLaren for Shelton. We definitely got the better deal there.

3 minutes ago, Elruliri said:

When was the last time we swapped a player. The only one I can remember was McLaren for Shelton. We definitely got the better deal there.

Good question. Wasn't Scott Murray in a swap deal? Don't know why I'm thinking that! Think there have been others too. Anderson from Ipswich with Skuse was it?

1 hour ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

When the single came out in '78 Chelsea were struggling and on the verge of relegation from the top flight iirc.

77-78 they finished 16th ( one place above us)

Relegated in last place 78-79.

Come on, let us know. How many anoraks do you own ? 

3 hours ago, JamesBCFC said:

Not one to normally spread rumours or anything, but... yesterday I was doing backstage for a show and one of the actors said that a few days ago his son was in a restaurant in town and Brownhill came in with his parents and that JB was looking a bit distressed. 

Long story short, they heard JB's mum say "if you want to go to Burnley, go to Burnley".

Could take COD with him to help him settle ?

1 minute ago, super slick said:

Pretty sure Liam Kelly went to Oldham in a swap for Korey Smith

Korect ?

Cash plus player (Vydra/Wells) won't happen. 

Number 1, what the hell do you think he's worth!? In the current climate, I can see valuations of about £10m being maybe about right. Vydra and Wells are proven strikers in this league, and we all know that those don't come cheap as it is. So again, £7m + Vydra/Wells, yeah maybe if you value Brownhill at £20m maybe. If that's the case, can I have some of what you're smoking please? Webster was unique in a way, not many defenders can play the ball out of the back like he does. He also rarely had a bad game for us. Brownhill, as good as he is, is far too inconsistent to warrant £20m moves. If MA were able to get it, then he deserves a medal.

Number 2, Burnley aren't overloaded with strikers (fit ones at least). Was listening to the radio the other day and somebody said they had 2 or 3 fit, if that. Yesterdays bench, they had about 5 defensive players (inc. Goalkeeper), I think a midfielder and Vydra.

Number 2, Wells is on loan at QPR for the season. Dyche has said that he doesn't like to recall players out on loan if they've agreed the move for a season - it's not the right thing to do, and he likes to honor the agreement, even though he's short on strikers himself.

So again, if Brownhill goes to Burnley, I would be amazed if either of those players came in the opposite direction. Shame, because both would be great signings.

1 hour ago, extonsred said:

Sideways or backwards mostly because he won't have had anyone in front of him!! 

But surely that means he should just kick it forwards because that’s what every fan wants right? Players that kick the ball towards the opposition goal regardless of what will actually happen. After all, why play to any tactics, we should just be playing like junior schoolboy teams & every outfield payer should be chasing the ball around the pitch, Benny Hill style ?

12 minutes ago, Tipps69 said:

But surely that means he should just kick it forwards because that’s what every fan wants right? Players that kick the ball towards the opposition goal regardless of what will actually happen. After all, why play to any tactics, we should just be playing like junior schoolboy teams & every outfield payer should be chasing the ball around the pitch, Benny Hill style ?

I just hope LJ doesn’t read your post . 

2 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

I just hope LJ doesn’t read your post . 

It would certainly make it a bit more entertaining for some, I’m just sat here chuckling now as Kalas, Moore & Williams are chasing around in our left wing area while the opposition try to play out from a goal kick & it’s left Weimann as our deepest player on the pitch as one long ball pumped over the top leaves Weimann on his own defending against the opposition’s 10 outfield players while the tannoy plays Benny Hill’s theme tune (of course, those in the Dolman wouldn’t be able to hear that though).

5 minutes ago, Badger08 said:

Not sure if anyone has seen this? 

Posted only 20 minutes ago...

Arsenal ace tipped to snub Nottingham Forest for Championship rivals after Leeds United exit

https://www.nottinghampost.com/sport/football/football-news/arsenal-nketiah-transfer-nottingham-forest-3711947

Doesn’t really give us anything new unfortunately, just an update on the latest odds.

5 minutes ago, Badger08 said:

Not sure if anyone has seen this? 

Posted only 20 minutes ago...

Arsenal ace tipped to snub Nottingham Forest for Championship rivals after Leeds United exit

https://www.nottinghampost.com/sport/football/football-news/arsenal-nketiah-transfer-nottingham-forest-3711947

Seems the article is just citing the bookies odds. No new Intel there. By we way, we're not odds on anymore. 

Right now he's our best midfielder,so losing him would be a problem. Let's not forget that Nagy and Smith are not fully fit and Massengo is less experienced, so I'd sell Josh only if we could replace him with another reliable player who already knows the Championship. Replacing him with Morrell or Walsh would be a gamble.

Archived