IGNORED

Josh Brownhill signs for Burnley; CONFIRMED

REDOXO

41 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

Why would it be inflated? Surely 7 million is worth more now than it will in the summer as we wouldnt have to pay 6 months extra of wages. 

The price is more now, because we don’t have to sell him... yet.

17 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

But it also seems that we don’t have opportunities for add-ons in the summer.

Gonna be a weird one to estimate the fee.

True. But the minimum we’ll get in the summer is 7m

A buying club will have to make it worthwhile for us to not keep him til the summer 

5 minutes ago, Riaz said:

True. But the minimum we’ll get in the summer is 7m

A buying club will have to make it worthwhile for us to not keep him til the summer 

£6m + £6m of add-ons (appearances, avoid relegation) + 20% sell-on, as an example, is better (imho) that £7m flat in the summer.  As I say, though, no idea what’s gonna happen, just presenting an option of a lower fee.

On 21/01/2020 at 15:02, WhistleHappy said:

Oh No!

Oh My God NO!!!

Watch this space now then ....

Stand by for a revenge move by The Gas in retaliation for our devastating Matty Taylor raid on them in similar circumstances..

We've been warned that they're 'coming for us' !  ?

Of course, when Wael took over it was “premier league within five years” - never forget that drunken mess on You Tube - then recently it was “new stadium at the Fruit Market within two years” - amongst other hilarious pronouncements about their new training ground and Sainsbury’s and ‘championship ready’ announcements when all they did was put a new canopy over the ‘Hospitality’ (!) entrance whilst sprucing up the carpets and curtains and modernising their sprinklers - etc etc etc ?? - how are all those bold claims doing?! I haven’t seen a JCB at the Fruit Market yet! ?✌️?

6 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

We're definitely making plans incase he does go. Have made enquiries about two Championship midfielders. 

Interesting to hear. Surprised we're not looking to recall Morrell as Plan A and invest the money elsewhere, namely up front. 

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

£6m + £6m of add-ons (appearances, avoid relegation) + 20% sell-on, as an example, is better (imho) that £7m flat in the summer.  As I say, though, no idea what’s gonna happen, just presenting an option of a lower fee.

Yes and I’d say that’s worthwhile ?

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

Is he there on-loan, or perm at the Champ club?

Thinking Chalobah or Bielik - both could play CB too.

I'm thinking a tall one. Certainly Chalobah I would prefer out of those 2. And being able to play centre back also covers the loss of Wright.

In fact telling Chelsea we would play Chalobah at times at centre back may convince them to recall and loan to us. That's his natural position.

Obviously Will Vaulks another like that who can play midfield or defence and not as tall, but good in the air.

Really can't imagine we are after more small midfielders when LJ says we need a tall one. 

And of course the other rumour was Hutchison. 

Only other one I can think of is maybe Sam Clucas.

6 hours ago, JonDolman said:

Actually I reckon John Swift may be one of them we might have enquired about.

Box to box. 6 foot. Only 24.

Certainly got an 'engine on him.. plus a bit of quality too,,good age..Wouldn't say no but very unlikely - ££ damage??

Wiki says he's just under 6' for those that require 6+ ?..

Archived