IGNORED

Josh Brownhill signs for Burnley; CONFIRMED

REDOXO

1 hour ago, Major Isewater said:

I believe he chipped a nail and is doubtful.

His poorly foot is still a bit bruised .

Allegedly checked into a Burnley hotel with his mum and dad last night.

Twitter equivalent of Curbs at The Avon Gorge.

I’m pretty chilled with this window. Whatever will be will be. 

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

Allegedly checked into a Burnley hotel with his mum and dad last night.

Twitter equivalent of Curbs at The Avon Gorge.

I’m pretty chilled with this window. Whatever will be will be. 

1221897936742887426?s=20I think this is the tweet in question, it's very specific. Usually nonsense rumours don't name the hotel.

https://twitter.com/ClaretsChat/status/1221897936742887426?s=20

10 minutes ago, Tipps69 said:

Why would Josh’s Mum & Dad book into a hotel with him? a) he’s 24 years old, not 10! b) aren’t they from around that kind of area, so if they wanted to see their little soldier they could just stay at home & come & visit him?

I've heard before that Brownhill's parents are very involved in his career, obviously in addition to his agent. I think that's a good thing really for him, they'll look for the best outcome for their son that's not always financially driven in a way that an agent might.

2 hours ago, Monkeh said:

not if Lazio and celtic are sniffing, but I think he would have to be celtics record buy (I'm think 15 million with addons taking it to about 22 million) the chance to play in the champions league would be too good to turn down which in turn would boost his international chances

£22m for a player that Johnson wouldn't  play until quite recently? 

That is either a very inflated guess or LJ is guilty of criminally misusing our squad. Any player worth that should be the first name on the sheet - which Webster was.

I can't see us getting above £8-10m which would still be a big profit on what we paid. 

2 minutes ago, robin_unreliant said:

That is either a very inflated guess or LJ is guilty of criminally misusing our squad. Any player worth that should be the first name on the sheet - which Webster was.

I can't see us getting above £8-10m which would still be a big profit on what we paid. 

I think it's possible - depends entirely on the contract situation. £8-10m would be a scandal in today's market (assuming his contract has time to run). I think he's underused but it's a bit different for CBs who naturally rotate a bit less than attacking wide players.

If I had to have a guess and pluck a figure out the air considering all these factors - a deal would be closer to 20m than 10m.

15 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

I've heard before that Brownhill's parents are very involved in his career, obviously in addition to his agent. I think that's a good thing really for him, they'll look for the best outcome for their son that's not always financially driven in a way that an agent might.

Surely they will be aware of the general area though? I believe they’re from Warrington which isn’t that far from Burnley so assuming all the players don’t have to live within 5 miles of Turf Moor, they should have an idea as to where he can live etc.

And Josh did make the comment that he was enjoying living in his flat on the harbour side & being so far away from his parents as he was enjoying his freedom! Well it looks like he could be waving goodbye to that now!

1 minute ago, Tipps69 said:

Surely they will be aware of the general area though? I believe they’re from Warrington which isn’t that far from Burnley so assuming all the players don’t have to live within 5 miles of Turf Moor, they should have an idea as to where he can live etc.

And Josh did make the comment that he was enjoying living in his flat on the harbour side & being so far away from his parents as he was enjoying his freedom! Well it looks like he could be waving goodbye to that now!

Yeah, just what I've heard. Who knows really.

Based on what I've heard about them though they'd want to be part of any transfer/contract negotiations for him. As far as I know they were also present when he moved here.

9 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Yeah, just what I've heard. Who knows really.

Based on what I've heard about them though they'd want to be part of any transfer/contract negotiations for him. As far as I know they were also present when he moved here.

Maybe he is a loving son, treating his folks to a few nights in a slap up hotel?

1 hour ago, robin_unreliant said:

We got a club record for a 2nd choice left back in kelly

2 hours ago, robin_unreliant said:

Zero chance we will get above 8-10 simply because of length on contract 

30 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

We got a club record for a 2nd choice left back in kelly

If you think we are getting big money fof eliasson with one year left on his deal you are deluded.

27 minutes ago, Lez said:

Zero chance we will get above 8-10 simply because of length on contract 

If you think we are getting big money fof eliasson with one year left on his deal you are deluded.

He will have 18 months on his contract,

we got big money for reid and good money for Bryan both only had 1 year left on their respective contracts so no, I’m not deluded 

3 minutes ago, Leveller said:

http://c.newsnow.co.uk/A/1017629901?-1007:836

here's a claim that we're asking £10M and Burnley think its too much ... HITC.

Make of it what you will.

No mention of Nhaki Wells.

I'm thinking if Leicester are interested then how about the big centre back on loan as part of the deal.

If these teams are interested then it goes to show he's a bit better than some on here seem to think!

11 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

No mention of Nhaki Wells.

I'm thinking if Leicester are interested then how about the big centre back on loan as part of the deal.

If these teams are interested then it goes to show he's a bit better than some on here seem to think!

I'd be amazed if Leicester are interested. Don't think Brownhill is good enough for them really. 

5 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

I'd be amazed if Leicester are interested. Don't think Brownhill is good enough for them really. 

I rate Brownhill highly, but yeah agree.

Archived