IGNORED

Josh Brownhill signs for Burnley; CONFIRMED

REDOXO

A sensible signing imo would be someone like Vaulks. Can play midfield or defence. I'm not a huge fan of him in midfield. But he is very good in the air. He's something different to what we have and is versatile. 

14 minutes ago, Dolman_Stand said:

Most I imagine....game before Reading?

Played CB alongside Mads Anderson....Kenny Dougall was DM in their Diamond.

Thats why I questioned it.  I think Frozen Robin started the rumour after our away game, when at that point he hadn’t played DM for Barnsley???

I wonder if some are thinking of the wrong player?

Halme has very rarely played DM & is hardly experienced in the English game as a centre half having hardly played for Leeds & only signed for Barnsley this season.

We need players that we can rely on from the moment they sign, none of this needing time to get used to things, just for the remainder of this season at least. Signings in the summer will be given more time to settle especially if they are signed before pre-season starts.

1 hour ago, Andy082005 said:

Did we not sell our best defender with no replacement lined up?

True.

We tried for a couple including the bloke at Swansea but the fees quoted were ridiculous.

Let's be honest though, Webby was irreplaceable. Just one of those sales we had to do as Brighton were offering us and him silly money. 

2 minutes ago, marcofisher said:

Recalling Morell is not like for like for JB, who is going to chip in with goals from midfield? Walsh would be a far better recall. 

But we’ve committed to Cov that he can stay now.

7 minutes ago, HayBCFC said:

Think Adkins was playing him as a second striker. He can play any role, good player.

Yes, he is, good at most things.  Good in the air at both ends.

28 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

True.

We tried for a couple including the bloke at Swansea but the fees quoted were ridiculous.

Let's be honest though, Webby was irreplaceable. Just one of those sales we had to do as Brighton were offering us and him silly money. 

I wonder if we'll be sniffing around Scott McKenna in the summer

Not sure I’d recall JM. He’d be better served staying where he is and getting more playing time. 
With Korey back and looking fitter now, we have someone who can play the deeper role. I’d happily see Massengo play the rest of the season as the 2nd CM. We’ve mostly seen him in a deeper / withdrawn role so far - with Korey back I think HNM can be given more licence to play further forward or in the box to box role. 
If we look at last nights set-up v Reading, I’m confident HNM can play the same role JB did. 

14 minutes ago, robin_unreliant said:

If we recall Morrell that would presumably free up Semenyo to go on loan. Morrell would count as our homegrown player but I think Walsh was too old when we signed him to qualify. Maybe another reason why it would make sense to recall JM? 

Wollacott now counts as our homegrown, so no reason for Semenyo to stay other than still not having enough forwards as cover seeing as it technically means Rodri out, Wells in. So I still don’t see Semenyo leaving as one injury or suspension up front & we’re stuffed as we can’t recall anyone outside of the transfer window.

Unless of course we bring another forward in which was the original hope for this month.

So that’s not a reason to recall Morrell.

26 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

Kasey Palmer ? 
The forgotten man at Ashton Gate . What did we pay for him ? 3 million ?

Don't think he’s forgotten, more like simply has not done it on the pitch and with Pato back and performing look perhaps harder for him. Again interesting watch see how this plays out 

Archived