IGNORED

Josh Brownhill signs for Burnley; CONFIRMED

REDOXO

10 minutes ago, Seneca the Younger said:

Brownhill has a 7m release clause but we sell him for 10m? and buy Wells for 3m.

Maybe I'm a cynic but, as long as these numbers are correct, I feel like this will be some clever accounting to help us/Burnley FFP wise.

His release clause doesn’t kick in until the last year of his contract which starts June 1st,

12 minutes ago, 054123 said:

I will be gutted by this.

He is an absolute hero to my two youngest.

I’m expecting tears at home very soon ?

Why do I have visions of your two youngest being 40 year-old men with great big bushwhacking beards, with tears streaming into their beards??

40 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Not at all - SSN have a network of reporters especially interested in PL clubs and if Burnley are having a medical for Brownhill then it’s true - unlike social media which is more likely to be speculation.

That’s ludicrous. These days a tweet from a Telegraph reporter carries as much weight as a report on SSN (if not a bit more, actually).

You're confusing an unreliable source with an unreliable medium and have totally painted yourself into a metaphorical corner.

Bad feeling the gap JB will leave will be very evident in matches.

But then again I had that feeling when Pack left... 

LJ and Ashton are good at filling in the gaps with better quality. Maybe the answer for the JB replacement is already in the club. What do people think?

2 minutes ago, Sturny said:

I have a feeling that both Nagy & Massengo have been restricted in their roles here, I think they are a lot more forward thinking than what we have seen & they have been playing deeper through instructions.

This might just allow one of them a bit of freedom now?

1 minute ago, Matty_Taylor_is_god said:

With Nagy injury problems I think we need to get a replacement

Have I missed something regarding Nagy’s injury problems, his interviews last week were saying it’s all behind him & no need for an operation or anything & I haven’t seen anything since to suggest any different.

13 minutes ago, Leveller said:

That’s ludicrous. These days a tweet from a Telegraph reporter carries as much weight as a report on SSN (if not a bit more, actually).

You're confusing an unreliable source with an unreliable medium and have totally painted yourself into a metaphorical corner.

I maintain that in my opinion of social media is that it’s a wonderful medium in life in general except when it comes to football transfers. Twitter in particular is wide open to being abused.

Clearly I don’t use twitter but if a  tweet from a reliable source indicates that Brownhill is having a medical at Burnley and that Wells is having a medical with City then it’s worth taking notice of. Same if a tweet comes from a reliable newspaper journalist.

Its the numerous unreliable sources on twitter that I find to be fake news ................:cool2:

4 minutes ago, Tipps69 said:

Have I missed something regarding Nagy’s injury problems, his interviews last week were saying it’s all behind him & no need for an operation or anything & I haven’t seen anything since to suggest any different.

LJ said the current problem is a different part of the ankle so not related to the other problem unless through over compensation when playing through the pain. No more absence expected.

3 minutes ago, Sturny said:

On one occasion in the second half v Reading, we lost the ball in attack and they countered at speed. JB sprinted back 70 yards to our penalty area and eventually cleared the ball. I've absolutely no problem with him going and wish him all of the very best - I like Josh - however, we need to ensure that he's replaced by someone with the same 100% commitment to the team cause otherwise we'll suffer. Some have suggested KP - and I like him too - but if it's to be Kasey then he mustn't reach halfway on his way back to defend and give up.

• Admin
8 minutes ago, Tipps69 said:

From Tuesday night:

Johnson also gave an update regarding the fitness of missing midfielder Adam Nagy.

The Hungarian international has an ankle complaint, but thankfully an operation should not be needed to correct the problem that is a reoccurrence of the previous complaint.

"No I don't think he'll need an operation at this stage," said Johnson.

"Because it's not actually directly in the same point of the ankle.

"It might be the domino effect of over compensating on one side of the ankle. But at the same time we don't expect him to be out for a long spell," he added.

4 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I maintain that in my opinion of social media is that it’s a wonderful medium in life in general except when it comes to football transfers. Twitter in particular is wide open to being abused.

Clearly I don’t use twitter but if a  tweet from a reliable source indicates that Brownhill is having a medical at Burnley and that Wells is having a medical with City then it’s worth taking notice of. Same if a tweet comes from a reliable newspaper journalist.

Its the numerous unreliable sources on twitter that I find to be fake news ................:cool2:

So you’ve wrecked your own argument. There are good and bad sources on Twitter, as there are on OTIB or in the newspapers. There is no difference. Your refusal to listen to any rumours and to wait for an official announcement has already gone of course, as you’ve unilaterally decided that Sky is a source always to be trusted (hahahaha).

3 minutes ago, The hand of RO'D said:

We have midfielders to fill the JB sized hole that's about to arise, in Nagy HNM Smith & Palmer. Also with 2 very capable midfielders in Walsh and Morrell out on loan ready to step up. I'd be very surprised if we brought in another midfielder before the window closes. 

I wouldn’t mind a loan for rest of season. Example that Hutchinson from SW with their finances and we give them small loan fee and pay his wages for rest of season think helps both clubs out

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

Yes, both deals will be valued individually, of course there may be an element of cleverness, but PNE would be kicking up a fuss if they felt Wells was undervalued to lessen the sell-on to them for JB. 

Didn’t we sign JB on a free, when he was out of contract with PNE. Not sure they will have negotiated any sell on fee. 

On the other hand I hope we do with JB.

COYR.

39 minutes ago, Sturny said:

LJ and Ashton are good at filling in the gaps with better quality. Maybe the answer for the JB replacement is already in the club. What do people think?

Don't see it as a problem area to work around. We have players that can fill the gap quite effectively. 

9 minutes ago, fishy said:

Don't see it as a problem area to work around. We have players that can fill the gap quite effectively. 

Do we?    :dunno:

We’ve seen that Massengo is still very lightweight so to is Nagy so unless Morrell is recalled I can see Rowe filling the vacancy.

1 hour ago, Tipps69 said:

I have a feeling that both Nagy & Massengo have been restricted in their roles here, I think they are a lot more forward thinking than what we have seen & they have been playing deeper through instructions.

This might just allow one of them a bit of freedom now?

Smith back and starting to find his form will facilitate them playing more in the opposition half. We’ve seen flashes from both. 

52 minutes ago, Shtanley said:

Josef John Morrel is surely the ideal candidate to bring in?

His dad has set his work profile as “offline”... reckon he knew I’d be hassling him every 5 minutes!! ???

Archived