IGNORED

Josh Brownhill signs for Burnley; CONFIRMED

REDOXO

1 hour ago, Sturny said:

Bad feeling the gap JB will leave will be very evident in matches.

But then again I had that feeling when Pack left... 

LJ and Ashton are good at filling in the gaps with better quality. Maybe the answer for the JB replacement is already in the club. What do people think?

It doesnt seem that long ago Brownhill was the replacement for somebody. Hence my point somewhere else about puzzle pieces, get one in place and other falls to the floor. Such is the churn of football, especially when you are not the biggest fish in a pond.

1 hour ago, Robert the bruce said:

Would be a mistake imo not to recall Morrell or Walsh right now...

Well we already agreed to let Walsh stay. I’d recall JM but he wasted a year last season so wouldn’t blame him if he wanted to see out the season with Lincoln. Think he should get a say. But like I said I’d recall him and play him just not sure that is what will happen so a loan ok for me

Great deal for us if it goes through this. Not really sure that Brownhill will solve any problems for Burnley and I think can be replaced for us based on what I've seen this season. Squad player at very best in the Prem but guess its small money for them at that level so not a huge risk.

22 minutes ago, Dollymarie said:

@Robbored please, for all our sakes, can you pop off somewhere else for 48 hours. 

I don't get it.

Bloke has the occasional fish and some idiots rise to the bait, usually the same people that are fairly unpleasant to him no matter what.

Meanwhile some quite vile and unpleasant behaviour is allowed to continue in other threads.

2 hours ago, Robbored said:

I maintain that in my opinion of social media is that it’s a wonderful medium in life in general except when it comes to football transfers. Twitter in particular is wide open to being abused.

Clearly I don’t use twitter but if a  tweet from a reliable source indicates that Brownhill is having a medical at Burnley and that Wells is having a medical with City then it’s worth taking notice of. Same if a tweet comes from a reliable newspaper journalist.

Its the numerous unreliable sources on twitter that I find to be fake news ................:cool2:

The thing I have never understood about crown green bowls is that you just repeat the same thing over and over again - I can’t see the appeal of doing that.

9 minutes ago, Robin101 said:

Overall, good deal in my opinion.

Agreed. Think it’s also worth pointing out that although the clause forced our hand somewhat, overall this will show again that we are a club worth joining for any promising young player; decent coaching to improve players, competitive side but then a willingness to sell at the right price  if the player progresses.

Of course you could argue the last bit shows a lack of ambition but I think it’s just the reality for a club of our size.

24 minutes ago, old_eastender said:

Sorry if I missed in on the multiple pages of this thread, but where has it been reported we are getting £10m for him?

Sky 

19 minutes ago, old_eastender said:

Sky were also saying £5m for Wells, but I've seen £3m and £4m mentioned too!  

Sky reporting just under 4 which ties up with what kid said this morning (counting all the add one)

3 hours ago, BCFC Grim said:

100%. A good pro and a decent player. That being said I think hes stalled slightly and a move away may do him some good. If the money is decent I think it's a good move for all parties.

Agree with this. Josh’s form dip coincided with our poor run/performances although I understand he played better on Tuesday. Good deal for all concerned, plus Josh comes from the North West so Burnley may appeal to him from that point of view as well. If Nagy’s latest knock is not too bad, I’m not sure I would buy to replace. I might bring Morrell back though. And we need to get Palmer firing. It will be interesting to see if bringing Wells in means we will try two up top again. One up top with Pato just behind was starting to click again. I don’t want to see Pato back on the wing, nor Palmer for that matter. They are both better centrally.

37 minutes ago, Drew Peacock said:

I don't get it.

Bloke has the occasional fish and some idiots rise to the bait, usually the same people that are fairly unpleasant to him no matter what.

Meanwhile some quite vile and unpleasant behaviour is allowed to continue in other threads.

If you see something you don’t like then report it so the mods can take a look at it and act if necessary. 

Archived