IGNORED

Josh Brownhill signs for Burnley; CONFIRMED

REDOXO

20 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

Think it is around the 42m guaranteed mark. Could be more with add ons. A lot of money for 3 players. Just wish we used it a bit better. Though I’d say only Palmer looks a bad investment from this summer and January

Yep agree. I think we've done some fantastic business to be fair. 

Even Palmer with Wells or Afobe back can still be a good investment.

31 minutes ago, ScottishRed said:

Not quite that simple, the player may want to see what they have to say or may prefer them as a destination.

It is as simple as that, West Ham have to approach us first, all we have to do is say no as he’s already part of an on-going deal

12 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Yep agree. I think we've done some fantastic business to be fair. 

Even Palmer with Wells or Afobe back can still be a good investment.

Yea probably bad choice of words. Good investment but struggling to find a way to maximise the asset. Palmer well worth the fee just need to get him into the team somehow. Has been said before a good season we can expect at least double that fee in return

12 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

It is as simple as that, West Ham have to approach us first, all we have to do is say no as he’s already part of an on-going deal

And how is that going to work with the player and his agent? If he wants to speak to another club before he makes up his mind and we refuse, unless of course we don't agree the proposal from the other club, he can just sit tight. We can't make him go to Burnley.

1 minute ago, ScottishRed said:

And how is that going to work with the player and his agent? If he wants to speak to another club before he makes up his mind and we refuse, unless of course we don't agree the proposal from the other club, he can just sit tight. We can't make him go to Burnley.

Doesn’t matter, he can’t speak to anyone unless we agree to a deal

hw can sit tight but I doubt he will be playing any football while he does it

50 minutes ago, ScottishRed said:

Not quite that simple, the player may want to see what they have to say or may prefer them as a destination.

I would imagine Brownhill may be keen on a move back up north , add in premier league football and significant wage increase I’m not sure West Ham currently are that much of an appeal 

2 hours ago, sephjnr said:

2 hours ago, old_eastender said:

Indeed, although if Sky are right and it's £10m for Josh and £4m for Wells, even nicer profit ?

Wages, wages, wages. Never forget the wages.

I've no actual facts, but my educated guess is we'll be paying the player joining us a much higher wage than the one we're letting go, anything up to double the amount of wages in fact.

These deals might be happening at the same time, and involving the same club, but that's just a coincidence - rather than making a direct comparison  between the transfer fees, we should be asking ourselves how each individual deal affects our overall FFP picture. And for that, we'll need help from our resident FFP gurus - Mr Popodopoulos, Davefevs, et al.      

17 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

True.

We tried for a couple including the bloke at Swansea but the fees quoted were ridiculous.

Let's be honest though, Webby was irreplaceable. Just one of those sales we had to do as Brighton were offering us and him silly money. 

Agreed mate. Silly money, probally doubled his wages minimum. Can't blame us for cashing in 

Is there any truth in the rumour Taylor-Moore may be loaned?

1 hour ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

Wages, wages, wages. Never forget the wages.

I've no actual facts, but my educated guess is we'll be paying the player joining us a much higher wage than the one we're letting go, anything up to double the amount of wages in fact.

These deals might be happening at the same time, and involving the same club, but that's just a coincidence - rather than making a direct comparison  between the transfer fees, we should be asking ourselves how each individual deal affects our overall FFP picture. And for that, we'll need help from our resident FFP gurus - Mr Popodopoulos, Davefevs, et al.      

When the deal’s get formally announced, I’ll put the figures into my spreadsheet and tell you. ?

As boring as it is, I’ve got all our amortised commitments and wages plotted over the next 4 years.  The amortised amounts, because most are “undisc” are based on things like media reports, our own @Kid in the Riot, etc, or best guess.  They align pretty closely with published accounts.  So that’s good.

Wages are all guesses unless we see stuff in the press or spotrac’s website...and those are therefore inaccurate in my spreadsheet.

I even add in the sell-ons, etc.

I am a sad git! ?

2 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

When the deal’s get formally announced, I’ll put the figures into my spreadsheet and tell you. ?

As boring as it is, I’ve got all our amortised commitments and wages plotted over the next 4 years.  The amortised amounts, because most are “undisc” are based on things like media reports, our own @Kid in the Riot, etc, or best guess.  They align pretty closely with published accounts.  So that’s good.

Wages are all guesses unless we see stuff in the press or spotrac’s website...and those are therefore inaccurate in my spreadsheet.

I am a sad git! ?

Yeah but you're our sad git ! 

2 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I am a sad git! ?

Top man!

(Fingers crossed about Wells - don't know why but I'm still feeling nervous about this one. Really hoping it goes through as think he could make a massive difference - if used correctly!!)

Someone playing around with his wiki page too. link

Joshua Brownhill (born 19 December 1995) is an English footballer who plays as a midfielder and is captain for The Clarets. He is known by many as the prodigal son who when he turns up at barnfield on the Friday of deadline day shall be hailed as the second coming of Jesus. Labelled by many, including both Messi and Ronaldo, to be the best player in the world, Brownhill’s time in Lancashire, Burnley will show the world just how bad Jesse Lingard really is. Reports from the BBC GCSE commentary team of Bestinho and Aronaldo are saying the transfer to Burnley is in the range of a £100m pound settlement.

9 minutes ago, BCFC Richard said:

Someone playing around with his wiki page too. link

Joshua Brownhill (born 19 December 1995) is an English footballer who plays as a midfielder and is captain for The Clarets. He is known by many as the prodigal son who when he turns up at barnfield on the Friday of deadline day shall be hailed as the second coming of Jesus. Labelled by many, including both Messi and Ronaldo, to be the best player in the world, Brownhill’s time in Lancashire, Burnley will show the world just how bad Jesse Lingard really is. Reports from the BBC GCSE commentary team of Bestinho and Aronaldo are saying the transfer to Burnley is in the range of a £100m pound settlement.

Truly brilliant.

39 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I am a sad git! ?

????

Archived