IGNORED

Josh Brownhill signs for Burnley; CONFIRMED

REDOXO

1 hour ago, Henry said:

Wish him well.

anyone less feel the least bothered about him going compared to our other big sells recently?

Think with his supposed release clause for the summer becoming public nearly everyone had accepted he had until August here max anyway so getting Wells coming the other way is about as good as it was going to get. Pure cash deal with no one coming our way and people may have felt different

5 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

He always works hard, can see why Dyche would want him for that reason alone but for me in footballing terms Josh would usually put in a 6 or a 7 kind of performance and very rarely a 8 or 9 kind of performance. I dont think there is going to be many games where I think oh I wish we still had Brownhill, he would make the difference. Nice lad, wish him well, will keep an eye out for him on MOTD but no great loss for me.

I does get forgotten that he was played out of position quite a bit. Right hand side two seasons ago and had to fill in for korey plenty of times . He’s better when he’s breaking into the box and we will miss that . He needs to be replaced , otherwise we only have Nagy (injured, might need a op ) massengo, korey and Rowe . That midfield isn’t good enough to get us in the play offs. 

Got to give credit to Mark Ashton for getting a good fee in for a decent midfielder and then picking up a proven striker in his prime for what looks like a bargain 

When you look back over the last 3 - 4 years and the fantastic fees we have sold players for and then reinvested in promising talent it shows the model is in some way working 

Yes there will be risks and some will not work out but the blend of youth and experience looks about right and Wells signing is an indicator that we appear to be buying for the here and now to get us in a position to challenge for promotion 

If we add more Signings tomorrow then it signals a certain intent to go for it 

I had felt we were treading water a little over the last few months and wondered if we were serious promotion contenders

Perhaps we are giving it a go after all?

Good luck to him. Some vital and indeed very well taken goals the season- Charlton at home and Cardiff away stick in the mind.

Think Brownhill still had more possible growth, more to give. He equalled his record League goal tally in early December, despite not necessarily being played in his optimum position- often a bit too deep I thought. 

Central midfield though, as part of a 3, at times a 2- can play right and ideally higher up. At 24, still had room for growth IMO. Will be interesting to see how he fares.

54 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

He always works hard, can see why Dyche would want him for that reason alone but for me in footballing terms Josh would usually put in a 6 or a 7 kind of performance and very rarely a 8 or 9 kind of performance. I dont think there is going to be many games where I think oh I wish we still had Brownhill, he would make the difference. Nice lad, wish him well, will keep an eye out for him on MOTD but no great loss for me.

Playing consistently is the mark of a good player and one - at his age - ready for the next hurdle. 

Always represented us well, but somehow I knew he was always going to go to a higher placed club. He has always been a model professional who appears to have his head screwed on and his career mapped out in front of him. He has risen by being patient and hard work and seems to have a close family behind him. All the best Josh, and thanks for the memories.

Bristol’s almond  milk salesmen  will be crying in their cider tonight.

Well done to Josh , I wish him the best of luck . Top pro , top man .

I hope he continues his development and goes onto to have the career he deserves. In any case he is now set up for life .

I feel that we were just on the cusp of having a stellar season out of the lad as he started to add quality finishes to his play. 

I must confess that I often wondered what the big fuss was , he never seemed to excel at anything but seemed to be a ‘ water carrier ‘. This season , in particular he has started to shine which evidently resulted in interest from higher placed clubs .

Brownhill is the living breathing proof of City’s strategy and who can argue with it as we sit in the play off places with the addition of another Championship experienced striker with the rumours of other quality additions being chased. 

A big hand to Mark Ashton, Lee Johnson and the coaching staff who are dragging this club ever closer to the top.

Never warmed to him as a player despite his fantastic work ethic (should be the minimum requirement for any pro).
I think he did improve here as a player year on year, but not at the rate I would have liked.
A lovely lad, though, who deserves every success. Who's to say he won't improve immeasurably over the coming years.
Good luck and all the best to him.

On 16/11/2019 at 15:19, REDOXO said:

A friend of mine ... tells me City are bracing themselves for big bids for Brownhill in January.

Your source was bang on mate!

Interesting that Burnley's interest was first reported back before Christmas so presumably conversations were being had for some time.

Perhaps the summer clause was known about in the game long before we caught wind?

8 minutes ago, mozo said:

Your source was bang on mate!

Interesting that Burnley's interest was first reported back before Christmas so presumably conversations were being had for some time.

Perhaps the summer clause was known about in the game long before we caught wind?

Think Mark Ashton said there was no release clause when interviewed after the deal was announced.

Archived