Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

REDOXO

Josh Brownhill signs for Burnley; CONFIRMED

2 minutes ago, Cardy said:

If Brownhill goes then we will have a replacement lined up. You don’t sell your best midfielder & captain when in the playoff zone & not have a replacement signing ready & waiting in the wings. 

Did we not sell our best defender with no replacement lined up?

4 minutes ago, Carey 6 said:

Morrell isn’t like for like imo. 

We need someone who’s going to get forward and support the front men. 

Really hope that’s not the plan. I’d rather have Walsh back.

No but I think he is a better screen in front of the defence than Josh. He can get forward from what I remember. Useful around the box but not the goal threat Josh is but maybe a better passer in tight areas. Walsh better forward but not sure the defender Morrell is nor the natural motor. Idk think one needs to come back either way if Josh goes because unless we have a loan cm lined up not sure anyone else will be coming in

11 minutes ago, Carey 6 said:

⬇️

5 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

No but I think he is a better screen in front of the defence than Josh. He can get forward from what I remember. Useful around the box but not the goal threat Josh is but maybe a better passer in tight areas. Walsh better forward but not sure the defender Morrell is nor the natural motor. Idk think one needs to come back either way if Josh goes because unless we have a loan cm lined up not sure anyone else will be coming in

Beat me to it.  Joe capable of performing various midfield role, although most will have seen his exploits as the DM shield in front of Wales back 4.  He has however more in his locker.  He’s recently been freed to be more advanced at Lincoln by the signing of Connor Coventry, who’s happy to sit in.  Bolton in the FA Cup last season was an example of how he can break the lines and get shots off.

• Like 2

Think there must be a recall lined up and I would think it would be Morrell rather than Walsh.

Burnley has a population of 88k and its a pretty poor area, whereas Bristol has a population of 540k and must be one of the most economically strong and affluent cities in the country.  Shows how well Burnley have been managed and how much we have historically underachieved in reality when our respective positions and attractiveness to players is taken into account.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, YorksRed said:

Think there must be a recall lined up and I would think it would be Morrell rather than Walsh.

Burnley has a population of 88k and its a pretty poor area, whereas Bristol has a population of 540k and must be one of the most economically strong and affluent cities in the country.  Shows how well Burnley have been managed and how much we have historically underachieved in reality when our respective positions and attractiveness to players is taken into account.

20 minutes ago, Dynamite Red said:

I would recall Walsh.

We have already committed to Cov to letting Walsh stay for the rest of the season.

https://www.coventrytelegraph.net/sport/football/transfer-news/liam-walsh-coventry-bristol-contract-17641998

Edited by Davefevs

2 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

We have already committed to Cov to letting Walsh stay for the rest of the season.

I wasn't aware of that. Maybe LJ has plans for O'Dowda or Palmer in a central position.

3 minutes ago, Matty_Taylor_is_god said:

Can’t do that unfortunately. Have to recall inside a transfer window

Good job I forgot Rowe then. I wouldn't recall.

A sensible signing imo would be someone like Vaulks. Can play midfield or defence. I'm not a huge fan of him in midfield. But he is very good in the air. He's something different to what we have and is versatile. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

A sensible signing imo would be someone like Vaulks. Can play midfield or defence. I'm not a huge fan of him in midfield. But he is very good in the air. He's something different to what we have and is versatile. 

Or Aapo Halme....

23 minutes ago, mozo said:

I would rotate Nagy, Smith and Massengo and only recall if injury demands.

We can’t recall after Friday , Nagy already injured, might need a operation and we’ve no like for like for josh. Get Morrell back . 

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, mozo said:

I would rotate Nagy, Smith and Massengo and only recall if injury demands.

Well we’d have to hope for an injury in two days then because you can’t recall a player outside of a transfer window.

Morrell needs to be recalled if JB goes, he’s shown he can play at international level and Giggs trusts him and LJ needs to now

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Dolman_Stand said:

Most I imagine....game before Reading?

Played CB alongside Mads Anderson....Kenny Dougall was DM in their Diamond.

Thats why I questioned it.  I think Frozen Robin started the rumour after our away game, when at that point he hadn’t played DM for Barnsley???

I wonder if some are thinking of the wrong player?

Halme has very rarely played DM & is hardly experienced in the English game as a centre half having hardly played for Leeds & only signed for Barnsley this season.

We need players that we can rely on from the moment they sign, none of this needing time to get used to things, just for the remainder of this season at least. Signings in the summer will be given more time to settle especially if they are signed before pre-season starts.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Andy082005 said:

Did we not sell our best defender with no replacement lined up?

True.

We tried for a couple including the bloke at Swansea but the fees quoted were ridiculous.

Let's be honest though, Webby was irreplaceable. Just one of those sales we had to do as Brighton were offering us and him silly money. 

• Like 4
  • Aubergine 1

3 minutes ago, HayBCFC said:

Jackson Irvine please.

Liked him in his Burton days.  Plays a bit deeper these days doesn’t he?  Good shout though.

Liked him in his Burton days.  Plays a bit deeper these days doesn’t he?  Good shout though.

Think Adkins was playing him as a second striker. He can play any role, good player.

• Like 1

I would think we would have somebody lined up if we were prepared to let JB go this late in the window.

2 minutes ago, marcofisher said:

Recalling Morell is not like for like for JB, who is going to chip in with goals from midfield? Walsh would be a far better recall. 

But we’ve committed to Cov that he can stay now.

7 minutes ago, HayBCFC said:

Think Adkins was playing him as a second striker. He can play any role, good player.

Yes, he is, good at most things.  Good in the air at both ends.

1 minute ago, marcofisher said:

Seems silly when he is OOC at the end of the season. 

Got a one year option.  LJ confirmed this week.

You been away 😜😜😜

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Flames 1

7 minutes ago, marcofisher said:

Seems silly when he is OOC at the end of the season. 

LJ has already confirmed he has another season to be activated with us, I thought the same as you

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

True.

We tried for a couple including the bloke at Swansea but the fees quoted were ridiculous.

Let's be honest though, Webby was irreplaceable. Just one of those sales we had to do as Brighton were offering us and him silly money. 

I wonder if we'll be sniffing around Scott McKenna in the summer

Edited by Shtanley

Not sure I’d recall JM. He’d be better served staying where he is and getting more playing time. 
With Korey back and looking fitter now, we have someone who can play the deeper role. I’d happily see Massengo play the rest of the season as the 2nd CM. We’ve mostly seen him in a deeper / withdrawn role so far - with Korey back I think HNM can be given more licence to play further forward or in the box to box role. 
If we look at last nights set-up v Reading, I’m confident HNM can play the same role JB did. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

Got a one year option.  LJ confirmed this week.

You been away 😜😜😜

Top news, I think next season he will be able to pick up from where Brownhill left off. 

Actually I've purchased football manager and got a little obsessed 😂 

• Haha 1

If we recall Morrell that would presumably free up Semenyo to go on loan. Morrell would count as our homegrown player but I think Walsh was too old when we signed him to qualify. Maybe another reason why it would make sense to recall JM? 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, robin_unreliant said:

If we recall Morrell that would presumably free up Semenyo to go on loan. Morrell would count as our homegrown player but I think Walsh was too old when we signed him to qualify. Maybe another reason why it would make sense to recall JM? 

Wollacott now counts as our homegrown, so no reason for Semenyo to stay other than still not having enough forwards as cover seeing as it technically means Rodri out, Wells in. So I still don’t see Semenyo leaving as one injury or suspension up front & we’re stuffed as we can’t recall anyone outside of the transfer window.

Unless of course we bring another forward in which was the original hope for this month.

So that’s not a reason to recall Morrell.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Carey 6 said:

Kasey Palmer ? 
The forgotten man at Ashton Gate . What did we pay for him ? 3 million ?

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

Kasey Palmer ? 
The forgotten man at Ashton Gate . What did we pay for him ? 3 million ?

Don't think he’s forgotten, more like simply has not done it on the pitch and with Pato back and performing look perhaps harder for him. Again interesting watch see how this plays out 

8 hours ago, HayBCFC said:

Jackson Irvine please.

He’d be someone I’d like to see us go for. Stylistically we need someone more attacking as Nagy, HNM and Smith are all relatively defensive so someone like Will Vaulks doesn’t make sense as a Brownhill replacement.

Jackson Irvine is a great suggestion, wanted us to sign him for years. I actually think he might be more effective for us than Brownhill.

Edited by Phileas Fogg
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, swanker said:

Looking like we might see more transfer activity than we thought?

Yep brownhill out wells and maddison in :) 

9 hours ago, YorksRed said:

Burnley has a population of 88k and its a pretty poor area, whereas Bristol has a population of 540k and must be one of the most economically strong and affluent cities in the country

Not football related but some parts of Bristol are in the top 1% of the most deprived places in England - predominantly, but not exclusively, in South Bristol. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

He’d be someone I’d like to see us go for. Stylistically we need someone more attacking as Nagy, HNM and Smith are all relatively defensive so someone like Will Vaulks doesn’t make sense as a Brownhill replacement.

Jackson Irvine is a great suggestion, wanted us to sign him for years. I actually think he might be more effective for us than Brownhill.

Funny how certain players keep popping up. I like Irvine too. My other player was Norwood a few years back when Pack was rumoured to be off. 

• Like 1

Funny how certain players keep popping up. I like Irvine too. My other player was Norwood a few years back when Pack was rumoured to be off. 

I like Norwood, good player.

If we signed Irvine (in addition to Afobe) that would be 2/3 players I’ve been banging on about for years. The other is Darikwa at Forest!

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

I like Norwood, good player.

If we signed Irvine (in addition to Afobe) that would be 2/3 players I’ve been banging on about for years. The other is Darikwa at Forest!

Our heads in same place. 

• Robin 1

51 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

I liked the guy at Huddersfield, Bacuna? he looked their only threat when we beat them. I think we need a player who can take a man on and commit defenders. I know nothing about him other than that, if someone tells me he is touted at £20m or something then I wouldn’t be at all surprised.