IGNORED

Josh Brownhill signs for Burnley; CONFIRMED

REDOXO

4 hours ago, Phileas Fogg said:

I've heard before that Brownhill's parents are very involved in his career, obviously in addition to his agent. I think that's a good thing really for him, they'll look for the best outcome for their son that's not always financially driven in a way that an agent might.

LJ talked recently about having to pay "family fees" on top of agent's fees these days.

Just now, Lez said:

He won't be sold this window.

I never said he would, I said he will go to a bigger club then us for a lot of money, And backed that up with proof of us selling players for big money who only have a year left on their contract 

12 minutes ago, dave36 said:

Brownhill starting tonight!

£10 mill obviously too much for a player who can go for £7 mill in a few months! Would not have been risked otherwise!

is that it then? Any leftovers for us to get excited about?

Could still go, but the fact he’s playing tonight suggests looking less likely.  Like to see a return to firm from him tonight.

On 21/01/2020 at 15:06, RedorDead BCFC said:

Lancashire post saying that they may wait and deal in the summer 

https://www.lancs.live/sport/football/transfer-news/burnley-transfer-news-brownhill-wells-17604920

Makes no sense. They either pay £7m now or £7m in the summer. Whats the difference ? Can actually see this deal going through with Wells coming the other way.

2 minutes ago, BigTone said:

Makes no sense. They either pay £7m now or £7m in the summer. Whats the difference ? Can actually see this deal going through with Wells coming the other way.

The difference is if he goes now, we have the opportunity to include add-ons (appearances, relegation, sell-on profit).  In the summer that £7m might be a straight £7m, and we lose any future add-ons.  I obviously don’t know the terms of the summer clause, but just guessing.  The cynic in me says City got that summer clause into the public domain.

13 minutes ago, Abingdon Red said:

Sky Sports News just reported that a deal is now close for Brownhill to Burnley

Bloody hell. Was just starting to think we've kept him!

Archived