Josh Brownhill signs for Burnley; CONFIRMED

2 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Only in a sense of goodwill 

Ah, cheers.

I'm chuffed for Brownhill. Let's hope his career can progress there.

If Wells gets done there will be a real buzz for the Birmingham game.

7 minutes ago, ben91tucker said:

Didn't it get reported if brownhill went we would look at Maddison from P'boro, looks like maddison is on his way out too

Don't know much about Maddison but doesn't appear that he's a pleasure to work with given reports coming out of Peterborough... Who know's though.

1 minute ago, Cardy said:

To keep it simple, do Burnley have any midfielders they don’t want? 

Yeah. Josh Brownhill. 

(at least they’ll soon realise) 😉

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

If the release clause thing is true might make sense to sell now. Assuming once a 7m offer is made then negotiations go out the window. If we can take 7m now plus take a 10% sell on think it makes sense to have that protection.  

As for if he goes, Morrell must come back. Don’t think Nagy and Massengo can start every game the rest of the season and stay fresh. Smith the same and Morrell will be chomping at the bit to be successful in this league and secure a place with Wales at the euros. Plus Lincoln losing a few players this window means it might get tougher for him the remainder of the season. 

• Like 3

If Brownhill goes then we will have a replacement lined up. You don’t sell your best midfielder & captain when in the playoff zone & not have a replacement signing ready & waiting in the wings. 

2 minutes ago, Cardy said:

If Brownhill goes then we will have a replacement lined up. You don’t sell your best midfielder & captain when in the playoff zone & not have a replacement signing ready & waiting in the wings. 

Did we not sell our best defender with no replacement lined up?

4 minutes ago, Carey 6 said:

Morrell isn’t like for like imo. 

We need someone who’s going to get forward and support the front men. 

Really hope that’s not the plan. I’d rather have Walsh back.

No but I think he is a better screen in front of the defence than Josh. He can get forward from what I remember. Useful around the box but not the goal threat Josh is but maybe a better passer in tight areas. Walsh better forward but not sure the defender Morrell is nor the natural motor. Idk think one needs to come back either way if Josh goes because unless we have a loan cm lined up not sure anyone else will be coming in

11 minutes ago, Carey 6 said:

Morrell isn’t like for like imo. 

We need someone who’s going to get forward and support the front men. 

Really hope that’s not the plan. I’d rather have Walsh back.

⬇️

5 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

No but I think he is a better screen in front of the defence than Josh. He can get forward from what I remember. Useful around the box but not the goal threat Josh is but maybe a better passer in tight areas. Walsh better forward but not sure the defender Morrell is nor the natural motor. Idk think one needs to come back either way if Josh goes because unless we have a loan cm lined up not sure anyone else will be coming in

Beat me to it.  Joe capable of performing various midfield role, although most will have seen his exploits as the DM shield in front of Wales back 4.  He has however more in his locker.  He’s recently been freed to be more advanced at Lincoln by the signing of Connor Coventry, who’s happy to sit in.  Bolton in the FA Cup last season was an example of how he can break the lines and get shots off.

• Like 2

Think there must be a recall lined up and I would think it would be Morrell rather than Walsh.

Burnley has a population of 88k and its a pretty poor area, whereas Bristol has a population of 540k and must be one of the most economically strong and affluent cities in the country.  Shows how well Burnley have been managed and how much we have historically underachieved in reality when our respective positions and attractiveness to players is taken into account.

• Like 2