IGNORED

Josh Brownhill signs for Burnley; CONFIRMED

REDOXO

3 minutes ago, mozo said:

Brownhill has given us over 150 games and a screamer to win away at Cardiff. He's been a total professional, captain, and should be given a big ovation next time he plays at Ashton Gate (unless it's the next home game!)

100%. A good pro and a decent player. That being said I think hes stalled slightly and a move away may do him some good. If the money is decent I think it's a good move for all parties.

1 hour ago, Spike said:

If Wells comes in I fully expect Palmer to replace Brownhill in that central attacking role. I think we'd set up like so when wanting to attack:
                   Wells Diedhiou
Eliasson                                     Patto
                          Palmer 
                           Smith
DaSilva      Baker       Kalas      Hunt
                         Bentley

I think it would be versatile as it could work as a 4-1-3-2, a 4-4-2 or even a 4-3-3 with Eliasson and Patto dropping back and Palmer pushing up

Had me going for a bit there mate . Wells and Diedhiou in goal and Bentley up top? But actually it makes much more sense to have the strikers at the top ("up top") and the goalie at the bottom in a digram of the set-up. A revelation!

2 minutes ago, southvillekiddy said:

Had me going for a bit there mate . Wells and Diedhiou in goal and Bentley up top? But actually it makes much more sense to have the strikers at the top ("up top") and the goalie at the bottom in a digram of the set-up. A revelation!

I've never understood doing it the other way, I mean the left back and the left midfield go on the left when you go bottom to top, I always find it odd when it's flipped.

1 hour ago, Port Said Red said:

I liked the guy at Huddersfield, Bacuna? he looked their only threat when we beat them. I think we need a player who can take a man on and commit defenders. I know nothing about him other than that, if someone tells me he is touted at £20m or something then I wouldn’t be at all surprised.

Kasey Palmer?

1 hour ago, Spike said:

If Wells comes in I fully expect Palmer to replace Brownhill in that central attacking role. I think we'd set up like so when wanting to attack:
                   Wells Diedhiou
Eliasson                                     Patto
                          Palmer 
                           Smith
DaSilva      Baker       Kalas      Hunt
                         Bentley

I think it would be versatile as it could work as a 4-1-3-2, a 4-4-2 or even a 4-3-3 with Eliasson and Patto dropping back and Palmer pushing up

Blimey I hope not. Smith doing all the work in midfield on his own?! Madness if we line up like that 

1 hour ago, marcofisher said:

We would get absolutely shafted on the counter. 

@CyderInACan beat me to it. 

59 minutes ago, Matty_Taylor_is_god said:

Reports that we got 10 million for brownhill and spent 4 on wells. 6 million in the bank to get a replacement 

Minus best part of £2M to PNE. 

50 minutes ago, CyderInACan said:

Sounds like  the film "Confessions of a Grocer

???

8 minutes ago, Cider red said:

Play massengo and recall walsh

Aaaasrgh. Walsh is staying at Cov. We’ve given them commitment. 

1 minute ago, Seneca the Younger said:

Brownhill has a 7m release clause but we sell him for 10m? and buy Wells for 3m.

Maybe I'm a cynic but, as long as these numbers are correct, I feel like this will be some clever accounting to help us/Burnley FFP wise.

I thought that it was a release clause from the end of the season, so we can ask for more now. Burnley want him now not later.

3 minutes ago, Leveller said:

Pure speculation by your usual definition ...

Not at all - SSN have a network of reporters especially interested in PL clubs and if Burnley are having a medical for Brownhill then it’s true - unlike social media which is more likely to be speculation.

Brownhill has a 7m release clause but we sell him for 10m? and buy Wells for 3m.

Maybe I'm a cynic but, as long as these numbers are correct, I feel like this will be some clever accounting to help us/Burnley FFP wise.

If we wanted to be clever it would be Wells £0 and Brownhill £7m.

@Kid in the Riot any idea of the fees?  Ta

I thought that, but maybe we could come under investigation for inaccurate values of players, like Derby have now with their ground.

No idea mind, pure speculation.

Yes, both deals will be valued individually, of course there may be an element of cleverness, but PNE would be kicking up a fuss if they felt Wells was undervalued to lessen the sell-on to them for JB. 

Archived