IGNORED

Joe Morrell

onehowie

Just now, slartibartfast said:

Pisses me off on BBC they keep saying Lincoln's Morrell !

To balance it out Sky have mentioned us several times. They`re surprised Ashley Williams isn`t playing and saying what brilliant form he`s in for us. They have got Danny Gabbidon co-commentating though who probably knows him better than most!

5 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

Looks comfortable in the Welsh midfield. IMO, better than Ampadu his midfield partner, who is well rated.

Exactly how I saw it. Ampadu has been careless in possession at times, whereas I cannot remember a misplaced Morrell pass - tremendous 1st half for the lad.

38 minutes ago, WECANDO said:

Class player who keeps the ball moving and has good skills. Wouldn't look out of place in our midfield.

I really like Morrell.  Think he could play in our midfield no probs at all.

Just been “arguing” on twitter re merits of Walsh over Morrell.  Walsh has great technique, but I never see him playing an influential game in our midfield in the hurly-burly of the top end of the Championship.  Whereas I think Morrell would fit in seamlessly like he did last season, and he has for Wales.

Ignore the fact that it’s Azerbaijan, it’s international football.

55 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I really like Morrell.  Think he could play in our midfield no probs at all.

Just been “arguing” on twitter re merits of Walsh over Morrell.  Walsh has great technique, but I never see him playing an influential game in our midfield in the hurly-burly of the top end of the Championship.  Whereas I think Morrell would fit in seamlessly like he did last season, and he has for Wales.

Ignore the fact that it’s Azerbaijan, it’s international football.

Unfortunately I don’t think he will be here next season 

9 minutes ago, daored said:

I do , but I think he will look elsewhere for regular football 

He can't just leave without us selling agreeing to. He's here till 2022 if we use year option.

Joe has obviously a ‘debt to pay’ for LJ believing in him (he persuaded daddy to take him on loan) and let’s not forget it is only probably his 2nd successful (so far) season in the football so he’s got plenty of time yet. I’m sure LJ will see his improvement and playing for Wales will only increase his potential worth/value, but like many others he will continue to rise through the leagues before being thrust into City’s squad. Look at Semenyo, sometimes it’s best to take your time.....

3 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Wouldn’t mind him coming back from Lincoln in January and becoming our club developed player to allow Antoine out on loan.  But I don’t think that’s in Joe’s best interests when you have Brownhill, Nagy, Massengo, Smith....and Rowe able to play CM.

Crazy how strong we are there now isn't it. I think keep Morrell in league one till the summer. Possibly at a better side maybe? Or could we even loan him to a championship side till the summer?

3 minutes ago, RedEyez said:

I would imagine he will naturally come into the first team squad next season after another progressive year to replace Massengo, who will go for big bucks I think! 

I'm not so sure Massengo is sold this summer. More likely Brownhill imo. We will surely have to sell one for Morrell to be involved next season. Not a bad problem to have.

1 hour ago, JonDolman said:

Why? Don't rate him?

I do , but think he may see better opportunities elsewhere. He will be one we look at in years to come and ask why we let him  leave 

37 minutes ago, slartibartfast said:

Can't see Lincoln paying £5 m for him !:P

Lincoln won’t bit others will 

Archived