IGNORED

Joe Morrell

onehowie

1 hour ago, eastonboy said:

Walesonline and Daily Mail had him as their motm.

I find it very hard to disagree.

I know it’s complete rubbish comparison but I couldn’t imagine Walsh (if he was Welsh) coming into the Welsh midfield and having that impact.

LJ - “he’d be at home in a World Cup final”.

That tells me a lot.  He just looks so unphased.  

2 hours ago, RedEyez said:

I would imagine he will naturally come into the first team squad next season after another progressive year to replace Massengo, who will go for big bucks I think! 

I think there's very little chance of Han Noah being sold this summer. Any club that could afford to pay big bucks for him certainly wouldn't be putting him in the first team any time soon. The exact reason that he left Monaco to come to us was to play regularly, so can't see him wanting to move to sit on the bench somewhere.

2 hours ago, bengalcub said:

Leave him at Lincoln regular games confidance growing , international games lets not ruin the lad like we have semenyo by recalling him to soon ...

Joe Morrell is 3 years older than Semenyo.....and Semenyo is NOT being ruined, he is training everyday with a Championship squad,  he only gets into the first team squad as a home grown player.  LJ states that it is because his background and different route into professional football has left him tactically naive and unaware of postional play, that he needs regular training at a higher level, which is why he has not been loaned out.  The idea that he is being ruined is absurd, it is in fact the opposite that is true, as he is learning how to fit into a Championship system. You really think that playing Division 2 football will aid his progress?  The City coaches know exactly what they are doing, and thankfully they have not dismissed him like you have chosen to do ?  When Semenyo is 22, he will be playing regularly at a high level,  Watch this Space!

8 hours ago, elhombrecito said:

I think there's very little chance of Han Noah being sold this summer. Any club that could afford to pay big bucks for him certainly wouldn't be putting him in the first team any time soon. The exact reason that he left Monaco to come to us was to play regularly, so can't see him wanting to move to sit on the bench somewhere.

££££££££££

9 hours ago, Fatalist said:

What I liked is that he kept it simple, but moved the ball quickly - and usually FORWARD. It helped to have Wilson, James, Bale and Ramsey to find but I can't remember a bad pass all night. He also picked up a lot of clearances and loose balls, as well as stopping attacks.

Well said, thought he showed up really well, albeit standard of opposition was poor.

Also, when he has been a summariser on radio or BCTV, he has always sounded an intelligent player reading the game well too.

As others have said IF Brownhill or Massengo leave for big bucks, then Joe has to be worth a go as a ready made replacement.

4 hours ago, RedEyez said:

££££££££££

You can never discount that, and obviously if stupid money was offered we'd need to take it, probably because it would give us more flexibility under fpp rather than just for the money.

But I'd like to think we'll be holding on to fantastic potential where we can, and certainly *if* we get promoted this season, he'll be staying.

4 hours ago, RedEyez said:

££££££££££

If you are referring to Massengo’s motivation it might interest you to know that he didn’t increase his salary coming here. He earned the same at Monaco.

This suggests to me that money is not his premier motivation.

If you are talking about the club that’s a different matter. If a big offer came in for the player they would obviously weigh up the pros and cons and also speak with the player to gauge his feelings . 

We all know that when the Prem comes calling with their lorryloads of filthy lucre it is difficult to turn away. 

14 hours ago, maxjak said:

Joe Morrell is 3 years older than Semenyo.....and Semenyo is NOT being ruined, he is training everyday with a Championship squad,  he only gets into the first team squad as a home grown player.  LJ states that it is because his background and different route into professional football has left him tactically naive and unaware of postional play, that he needs regular training at a higher level, which is why he has not been loaned out.  The idea that he is being ruined is absurd, it is in fact the opposite that is true, as he is learning how to fit into a Championship system. You really think that playing Division 2 football will aid his progress?  The City coaches know exactly what they are doing, and thankfully they have not dismissed him like you have chosen to do ?  When Semenyo is 22, he will be playing regularly at a high level,  Watch this Space!

Dismissed him ? I havent dismissed him if hes learning on the job then he evidently isnt ready to fulfil the job is he ....im sure the coaches know exactly what they are doing but dont forget semenyo is only in the squad because he has to be (homegrown ) not because he should be ... of course lj will try and justify it.

46 minutes ago, bengalcub said:

Dismissed him ? I havent dismissed him if hes learning on the job then he evidently isnt ready to fulfil the job is he ....im sure the coaches know exactly what they are doing but dont forget semenyo is only in the squad because he has to be (homegrown ) not because he should be ... of course lj will try and justify it.

Yawn ?

4 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

If you are referring to Massengo’s motivation it might interest you to know that he didn’t increase his salary coming here. He earned the same at Monaco.

This suggests to me that money is not his premier motivation.

If you are talking about the club that’s a different matter. If a big offer came in for the player they would obviously weigh up the pros and cons and also speak with the player to gauge his feelings . 

We all know that when the Prem comes calling with their lorryloads of filthy lucre it is difficult to turn away. 

Yes, the latter. I wouldn’t insinuate that would be someone’s motive without knowing them.

We’re a well oiled machine, financially, these days. If prem clubs come calling for anyone one of our quality central midfielders, then I expect we will stick with the plan which is to sell at the right price whilst stock is high to allow to bring players like Morrell through, when ready (which I think we all agree that he is), which essentially costs nothing.

17 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

I wonder if he`ll even play with Ramsey now fit and Allen back from suspension.

Good chance Allen will come back in.  Ramsey really struggling for fitness, expect him to be a cameo off the bench if Wales need it.  Think it will be Morrell or Ampadu, and probably Ampadu who’ll get the nod alongside Allen.  But one thing is sure, Giggs would have no hesitation in giving Morrell minutes if he needs to.

Archived