IGNORED

Liverpool's international players withdrawals

Lrrr

With the news van Dijk has just withdrawn from the Netherlands' squad for Tuesday due to personal reasons, Henderson supposedly with a virus and Gomez with some training injury. These withdrawals all seem very convenient right after their country has qualified for the finals.... 

14 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

I cant help but really dislike Liverpool. Pretty desperate for them to mess this up but very much doubt they will.

Would never have guessed from your recent posts Jon. :whistle: :) 

44 minutes ago, hodge said:

With the news van Dijk has just withdrawn from the Netherlands' squad for Tuesday due to personal reasons, Henderson supposedly with a virus and Gomez with some training injury. These withdrawals all seem very convenient right after their country has qualified for the finals.... 

Quite right to. Liverpool in prime position to the PL,. Why risk injury to their international players when there no need to.

3 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Quite right to. Liverpool in prime position to the PL,. Why risk injury to their international players when there no need to.

Fergie did this all the time with Man U's top players.

1 minute ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Gomez might be real, we don't know but a case of rules for some is it...?

Using injury as a reason to withdraw your players from international matches is common place,. As Downend said,  Ferguson did it all the time. It’s the old ‘club v country’ dilemma.

2 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Using injury as a reason to withdraw your players from international matches is common place,. As Downend said,  Ferguson did it all the time. It’s the old ‘club v country’ dilemma.

Nagy got called up and he was actually not properly fit!!

If the national team insists on using their own doctors to assess, then it can be out of the hands of a club.

3 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Nagy got called up and he was actually not properly fit!!

If the national team insists on using their own doctors to assess, then it can be out of the hands of a club.

My understanding is that Nagy wanted to play for his country despite carrying an injury. If that’s the case the he wasn’t showing loyalty to the club who pay his wages.........

1 minute ago, Robbored said:

My understanding is that Nagy wanted to play for his country despite carrying an injury. If that’s the case the he wasn’t showing loyalty to the club who pay his wages.........

Okay, thanks.

Like I say the national team has the right under FIFA regs to do their own fitness tests. There was a bit of a precedent some years ago I believe.

2 hours ago, Robbored said:

Shame Southgate didnt do that with Sterling.

Gomez is fine, he ain't injured, just that his ego is bruised after he was booed.

39 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

Shame Southgate didnt do that with Sterling.

Gomez is fine, he ain't injured, just that his ego is bruised after he was booed.

It’s very sensible management from Southgate. Leave Sterling out for the Montenegro game and leaving Gomez  out for the Kosovo game.

Gives both of them to cool down after the fracas they were involved in.

5 hours ago, JonDolman said:

I cant help but really dislike Liverpool. Pretty desperate for them to mess this up but very much doubt they will.

I'm the same mate. Don't particularly see why people hate ManUre but give Liverpool a free pass for the same arrogance and plastic fans other than they're not old enough to remember the 1980s

Archived