IGNORED

Luxembourg v Portugal - Cristiano Ronaldo

Lanterne Rouge

Just watching this on Sky. If Ronaldo scores twice he will have scored 100 international goals.

Love him or hate him that is some achievement if he makes it. He`ll be only the second player to reach 100 and should easily pass the current leader Ali Daei of Iran who has 109. Given the fact that CR`s goals will have been against much better opposition in the main you have to admire him for it.

He’s not everyone’s cup of tea but the guy has incredible work ethic. He’s the ultimate athlete and it shows the hard work really can pay off. 

What a generation we’ve had to have both him and Messi at their peak at the same time, couldn’t really care who’s better as it’s remarkable to have seen them both develop into outstanding footballers.

21 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

He’s not everyone’s cup of tea but the guy has incredible work ethic. He’s the ultimate athlete and it shows the hard work really can pay off. 

What a generation we’ve had to have both him and Messi at their peak at the same time, couldn’t really care who’s better as it’s remarkable to have seen them both develop into outstanding footballers.

Agreed, I've always told my boys to enjoy them as you'll never see the likes of them again, in my time we had Pele, Maradona & Cryuff but none of them compare to Ronaldo & Messi

7 minutes ago, Galway Red said:

Agreed, I've always told my boys to enjoy them as you'll never see the likes of them again, in my time we had Pele, Maradona & Cryuff but none of them compare to Ronaldo & Messi

5 great players but very hard to compare

Todays game is some much faster than it was when Pele Cryuff were playing Could those players play it this pace?

Could todays player play in 3 inches of mud with players like Gentille Tardelli Hunter Harris etc allowed to kick them into row z without getting a booking?

6 minutes ago, Maltshoveller said:

Todays game is some much faster than it was when Pele Cryuff were playing Could those players play it this pace?

Could todays player play in 3 inches of mud with players like Gentille Tardelli Hunter Harris etc allowed to kick them into row z without getting a booking?

And then lick road clean wit toungue

Just now, The Gasbuster said:

Jeez !

How many caps do you have for Portugal ?

Loads. I play in the (very deep) hole so you barely notice me.

2 minutes ago, BCFC11 said:

Was he not in a piss with Aaron Ramsey last week after he ‘nicked’ his goal?

Double standards.

He did and not the first time he`s done it either, sign of a winner I guess.

2 hours ago, Maltshoveller said:

I would have loved to have seen the likes of Pele and Cryuff play on these pitches that are like carpets. 

I think considering they were playing on crap pitches and players were allowed to kick shit out of each other that shows what great players they were. 

5 hours ago, Maltshoveller said:

I always think a player good enough in one era would be good enough in another, they’d adapt their game.

1 hour ago, JBFC II said:

I was as well tbh

That being said I’d back myself to score a hat trick v Luxembourg with the right players around me ?

I take it you didn't watch the game then?

One of the best two players in the world and one of the greatest goalscorer ever only managed a tap in from 2 yards out, however according to you, David Brents nan and JBFC II would get 5 goals between them?

3 minutes ago, grifty said:

I take it you didn't watch the game then?

One of the best two players in the world and one of the greatest goalscorer ever only managed a tap in from 2 yards out, however according to you, David Brents nan and JBFC II would get 5 goals between them?

Sarcasm not your strong point I presume?

Archived