IGNORED

Kosovo Vs England

myol'man

Think Southgate really needs to work out what his tactics will be going into euros. I know it's 433. But he seems unsure what his holding midfielder will be. Personally I'd go with Winks and then Henderson right, Ox left of the 3. All massive work rate and playing at a very high level. Rice for me isn't ready. Still long way to go to see till end of season though. Things can change.

Winks been class. He's good for Spurs but I feel the type of player he is would be even better in Spain or Italy. Exactly what we need in our midfield.

I think we have a world class front 3. And they say you're only as good as your strikers. Southgate needs to work out how to get the blend right behind them.

I see too many strange decisions from Southgate to rate him as a head coach.

He is playing Tyrone Mings and Harry Maguire at the back. This must mean he seriously thinks that could be a pairing going into the euros. That worries me.2 slow centre backs. Maguire looks better on the left anyway, and Mings is worse than Tomori and Webster, and Gomez too. Mings would not get in Chelsea side and Mings wouldn't even get on Liverpool's sub bench. And even Villas manager wanted Webster before settling with Mings.

Southgate is a nice guy but he seems naive tactically to me.

4 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

Poor game. England don't seem the slightest bit interested.

Ming's international quality? 

Mings barely prem quality. Bournemouth didn't want him. Even Villa's manager wanted Webster before him.

Southgate rates him as being good enough to lead us to winners of the euros though. Worrying.

33 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Think Southgate really needs to work out what his tactics will be going into euros. I know it's 433. But he seems unsure what his holding midfielder will be. Personally I'd go with Winks and then Henderson right, Ox left of the 3. All massive work rate and playing at a very high level. Rice for me isn't ready. Still long way to go to see till end of season though. Things can change.

I think Rice needs to play. He definitely still has to develop, but his ability to read the game and his ability to pick a pass are above anyone else England have. Yes, he gets caught out of position sometimes, but Henderson or Diet just don't have the same natural ability in that pivot position. I also think he should be given a brief to play much closer to the centre halves; England's fullbacks are much better going forward than defending (I rate both Chilwell and TAA though) so give them license to get forward and get someone in midfield to protect Maguire and AN Other

Archived