IGNORED

Fulham Away Tickets (Merged)

class not gas

14 minutes ago, italian dave said:

Odd advice from supporter services, given that reselling tickets is supposed to be illegal, isn't it? 

I don't think it's illegal to sell TKTS as long as there's no gain , but that's what I was told to do buy supporter services, if you don't believe me phone them,

• Admin
27 minutes ago, Redandproud said:

I don't think it's illegal to sell TKTS as long as there's no gain , but that's what I was told to do buy supporter services, if you don't believe me phone them,

Taken from: https://www.football-stadiums.co.uk/articles/can-you-sell-on-your-match-ticket/

Football is, in plenty of different ways, not like anything else. If you had a ticket for a concert, a play, a cinema outing or even a rugby match then the likelihood is that you’d be able to sell your ticket on to someone else without fear of reprisals. You’d also be able to attend any of those events and have a drink whilst watching them, but that’s an argument for another time.

Football clubs have their own specific set of rules that they employ regarding the re-sale of tickets. They claim it’s in order to stop touting, but as we’ll explain later that’s really not the reason. Each club had their own set of terms and conditions regarding ticket sales, but the long and short of it is that you’re not allowed to do it unless the club has given you permission.

If you buy a ticket for a football match and can’t go then you’re pretty much stuffed. If you sell it on to someone else without the club’s permission, even if it’s at face value, then you can be banned from going to any more games and given a criminal conviction. Of course this very rarely happens and the likelihood is that you’d only get such a harsh punishment if you were trying to make some serious profit on your ticket, but that’s not the point. The point is that nearly all big club have it written into the terms of sale that you’re not allowed to sell the ticket to anyone else and if you do they can throw the book at you.

None of that is to say that it doesn’t happen. The truth is that most clubs turn a blind eye to such things, happily ignoring the movement of tickets between people as long as it all seems to be above board and friendly. They appreciate that over the course of a nineteen game home match season you might not be able to attend every match and so your friends or family might benefit. But even buying a ticket is a risk if the club decides to clampdown - something that is happening more and more frequently.

All I would add I am sure I read on here at some point where the club were taking season tickets off of people that they knew had been resold to a mate?

Out of interest, any idea how that goes for loaning a season ticket to a mate too?

Provided it's adult or otherwise same category, ie not a kids or OAP for a regular admission price. So say Person A of category X loans it to someone of same category?

Two reasons for it though IMO. £ and of course security- the latter concern is remote but a bit more prevalent in light of recent events.

6 hours ago, Redandproud said:

What's your problem?

Absolutely no problem my end, though you in various posts and several in this thread were making play of the lack of supposed additional consideration that should be provided supporters such as yourself whilst questioning season ticket holders, hence I'm surprised you were openly selling discounted and free tickets in contravention of Fulham's terms and conditions. I'm also surprised you'd better identify people in those classifications than supporter services, though assume you've conducted due diligence to ensure those deserving of such tickets aren't missing out?

Didn't strike me as odd though given your recent post for witnesses, the opening sentence of which confirms you we're 'parked on the pavement', which as a wheelchair user I would have thought you'd best understand the issue that affords those with mobility and visual impairment issues.

My wholly innocent question in protection of those with genuine consideration appears to have struck a nerve? Not sure why that is?

1 hour ago, Redandproud said:

My understanding is that it makes no difference what price it is - any reselling is illegal. Indeed, there was subsequent legislation to stop people selling a bar of chocolate for £20 and a free ticket with it!

Not saying I don't believe you - just that it's not great advice from the club.

1 minute ago, italian dave said:

My understanding is that it makes no difference what price it is - any reselling is illegal. Indeed, there was subsequent legislation to stop people selling a bar of chocolate for £20 and a free ticket with it!

I asked the club for a refund, her words were" you'd be better selling privately"as the club don't refund on TKTS,I did sale for face price on 65+ TKT, but the carer TKT went with it free,but I add, to a ambulant wheelchair user and carer,

• Admin
1 hour ago, italian dave said:

@italian dave see post 243

• Admin
1 hour ago, Redandproud said:

I asked the club for a refund, her words were" you'd be better selling privately"as the club don't refund on TKTS,I did sale for face price on 65+ TKT, but the carer TKT went with it free,but I add, to a ambulant wheelchair user and carer,

@Redandproud Just to draw a line under this I assume the ticket was resold to someone disabled with a carer?

3 minutes ago, Galway Red said:

What chance was there of that, and what's more who cares, good luck to the two recipients of the tickets 

Sorry to jump into this thread.

Two simple questions, as with many disability tickets the carer goes for free so the second ticket should not be charged for 

The poster involved knew there were problems getting disabled tickets so it's very selfish if they haven't resold to someone in that category 

1 minute ago, Alan Dicks' Barmy Army said:

Sorry to jump into this thread.

Two simple questions, as with many disability tickets the carer goes for free so the second ticket should not be charged for 

The poster involved knew there were problems getting disabled tickets so it's very selfish if they haven't resold to someone in that category 

The liklihood is that he wouldn't of found anyone disabled with a carer so should that mean the tickets should go to waste? 

Archived