Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

class not gas

Fulham Away Tickets (Merged)

4 minutes ago, PhilC said:

They were made available and have been sold. I got 2 restricted view at £28. 

I still managed to buy a full price ticket at 10:37am.

Wow, that was stressful. Managed to get two tickets in two separate transactions - double the postage cost - after about half an hour of refreshing the browser repeatedly. Also the seats won't be next to each other - hopefully it will still be possible to stand where you want as normal, despite the reduced allocation.

First World problems!

Edited by City Rocker

3 minutes ago, TinMan's left peg said:

How do they organise the restricted view tickets, isn’t the away stand unreserved seating? 

No, the last couple of times I've been who had to be in your seat

Just now, TinMan's left peg said:

My email definitely doesn’t have seat numbers though. Is the restricted view bit in a different section maybe? 

BBC2EE3D-7827-4C40-AB7A-4B095677E083.jpeg

Mine don't either but each time I've been there I've been told to sit in my seat. I don't usually know where I'm going to sit until I receive the ticket

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Red Exile said:

I was in exactly the same position. If you are using Safari as your browser then my experience is that you can't allocate tickets to linked accounts. The club knows this is a problem. I've called and discussed it with them at the start of the season. They've chosen to do nothing about it. I had 2 tickets but ended up losing one to secure anything.

I'm delighted for everyone who has got what they wanted, but the system isn't fit for purpose. Worst is that the club knows it's not fit for purpose.

As for Chrome - crashed at the very moment I'd got to the front of the queue. On Chrome it's no problem to reallocate tickets. 

Not wishing to stir any nests at all or appear smug but I used Safari to book this morning and allocated tickets no problem? Maybe just a case of getting lucky? 

6 minutes ago, lenred said:

Not wishing to stir any nests at all or appear smug but I used Safari to book this morning and allocated tickets no problem? Maybe just a case of getting lucky? 

...well it must be my mac then - I can never change the allocated names next to the tickets. I've discussed it with the club. They said that they were aware of issues for Safari users...and I'm over it!

What was bad luck was getting to the front of the queue using the Chrome browser and the system then crashing! But we have one ticket and will consider ourselves fortunate there'll be plenty who will miss out.

4 minutes ago, sephjnr said:

Phones were rammed, all coach seats gone inside the first hour. This is getting a bit silly.

Getting tickets for Charlton on Boxing Day will be fun...this is getting a bit silly.

Anyone know the email address for the guy who deals with disability tickets? System don't allow to buy on line so have to ring, needless to say that after being hold for an hour all tickets were gone, absolute disgrace

Sold out in 4 mins amazing the support that we are getting now,I presume that most people have been to Fulham so its hardly a new ground,its just the away support is amazing.

Fell sorry for those that bought a train ticket and could not get a ground ticket bit of a bummer.

9 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

Fulham sold out within 4 mins, Derby comparable time and distance away we never sell 1,000 sometimes not 500.

Our fans are weird.

Yeah day out in West London and Derby are almost identical 😎

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

Fulham sold out within 4 mins, Derby comparable time and distance away we never sell 1,000 sometimes not 500.

Our fans are weird.

Not really - Fulham is a much much better day out.  Proper ground, capital city, loads and loads of decent pubs to choose from, much easier to get to public transport wise etc etc. And yes I have done both before. 

17 minutes ago, Galway Red said:

Anyone know the email address for the guy who deals with disability tickets? System don't allow to buy on line so have to ring, needless to say that after being hold for an hour all tickets were gone, absolute disgrace

Gareth Torpy

gareth.torpy@bristol-sport.co.uk

Just now, Dollymarie said:

Gareth Torpy

gareth.torpy@bristol-sport.co.uk

In the same boat rang him up said there is no facility to sell online disabled tickets , reduced allocation etc.   Good luck you won’t get anywhere! 

1 minute ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Reminder that there are still over 800 tickets left at £20 each for WBA away next Wednesday night....

Why not do both!

21 minutes ago, Galway Red said:

Have said this before,if they are going to discriminate against disabled users by not allowing to buy online then they should have a dedicated number so you have a fair chance of getting a ticket

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, gordie said:

Have said this before,if they are going to discriminate against disabled users by not allowing to buy online then they should have a dedicated number so you have a fair chance of getting a ticket

Surely disabled tickets are separate anyway? 

Any 'normal' areas are a free for all

1 minute ago, phantom said:

Surely disabled tickets are separate anyway?

They're not. The website faq points you towards the Supporters Services phone number as with everyone else.

Just now, sephjnr said:

They're not. The website faq points you towards the Supporters Services phone number as with everyone else.

Yes but you wouldn’t be buying them in the same area as the away fans? There will be a specially allocated area and general away fans can’t buy the tickets? Or have I got this totally wrong?

2 minutes ago, sephjnr said:

What I mean is disabled seats aren't included in normal seating areas. 

Each ground has a certain number of disabled seats so wouldn't have been impacted by this 

Just now, RedM said:

Yes but you wouldn’t be buying them in the same area as the away fans? There will be a specially allocated area and general away fans can’t buy the tickets? Or have I got this totally wrong?

That's what I was trying to say lol 

1 hour ago, Galway Red said:

Yes same hear started at position nineteen at 10 o’clock got to position 1 at 10. 55. If all were sold after 4 minutes then why not leave a message saying sold out either on the phone message or on the website

7 minutes ago, petehinton said:

Look forward to 2k away to Wigan being sold out in 2 minutes too then...

Doesn't make you more or less a supporter just because you are going to Wigan and someone else isn't 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, phantom said:

Doesn't make you more or less a supporter just because you are going to Wigan and someone else isn't 

Was only tongue in cheek mate. Has always intrigued me how well supported we are, but the moment it's north of Birmingham attendances seem to take quite a hit.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, petehinton said:

Was only tongue in cheek mate. Has always intrigued me how well supported we are, but the moment it's north of Birmingham attendances seem to take quite a hit.

Apologies @petehinton

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, petehinton said:

I know it is tongue in cheek but many don't say it like that.

The cost, attractiveness of the game, and then add in travelling times what exactly does anyone expect? It is just the same for every club who don't sellout every away game  Even going to Brum/London on the train now is getting ridiculously overpriced for what is usually an overcrowded train after 2 stops, with carriage after carriage of people stood up in the aisles, and getting past everyone just for the toilet is usually a massive headache too - how health and safety haven't got onto the train companies for this is beyond me (I mean it wouldn't have nothing to do with ticket prices and amount sold would it)......

We also have a lot of fans in London, which is part of the reason we always have good support.

That and Fulham is a cracking day out, especially on a Saturday before Xmas.

2 hours ago, cidercity1987 said:

Our fans are weird.

I know a lot of people who have moved Bristol > London over the years. Within that, there are City fans. 

I know of no one who has moved Bristol > East Midlands... or within 60 miles of Derby.  

Small sample size but I imagine it’s reflected in why we do well for London away games consistently. For lots it becomes a “home” game (but can still take them over an hour to travel to the ground)

2 hours ago, phantom said:

What I mean is disabled seats aren't included in normal seating areas. 

Each ground has a certain number of disabled seats so wouldn't have been impacted by this 

That's what I was trying to say :laugh: 

You are correct. However, the phone number to call is the same which completely negates the purpose of segregating these out, thus disabled patrons have to hope and pray they don't get stuck on the phone for an hour.