IGNORED

Calling Rudolph

slartibartfast

3 hours ago, slartibartfast said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/football/50454507

@01;46                                                       I'm saying nothing !:shocking:

Unfortunately, due to 'rights issues', I have been unable to see this.

Is it worth trying again later in the week or just a play on words or something? 

3 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

I know, and it's on BBC, which, due to 'rights issues' is currently unavailable to me - I live in France.

It may be available on the official BCFC site later on in the week.

Ah ok, thought you couldn’t get the page at all. 

Basically they came back from 2 goals down twice, none of the goals are particularly special though

3 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

Basically they came back from 2 goals down twice, none of the goals are particularly special though

Thanks for your continued efforts to help, but I was able to read the report without any problem.

It was the @Rudolf Hucker aspect that interested me, '@01;46 I'm saying nothing !:shocking:' - which, for me, is unavailable to view on the BBC site.

Not to worry, though - the proper season starts again in a few days.

6 hours ago, JBFC II said:

In a 3-3 game isn't it impossible to come back from 2 goals down twice or am I being thick? One would have to be 2-0 and then it's not possible ?

7 hours ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

The commentator (as the last minute City equaliser is scored) says words to the effect of “Stephanie Salmon (?) ... you cant give her an inch “ then for some obscure reason, which I can’t understand, I’m mentioned. Unbelievable Jeff.   :innocent06:

Four times I've listed to the commentary around City's third goal and I can only hear the word 'Reading'.

Has the commentary been changed?

Otherwise this could become the most confusing thread of all time (probably as soon as R o b b o r e d arrives). And it's got some illustrious company for that award!

1 hour ago, Xiled said:

Four times I've listed to the commentary around City's third goal and I can only hear the word 'Reading'.

Has the commentary been changed?

Otherwise this could become the most confusing thread of all time (probably as soon as R o b b o r e d arrives). And it's got some illustrious company for that award!

At the risk of giving this thread more air time than it truly deserves, you need to listen to it a fifth time - from the time that the third City goal is scored to the very end. You’ll then delight in hearing the quote which prompted this thread. 

If you need to listen to this clip for a sixth+ time then a visit to an otolaryngologist may be worthwhile ;)

2 hours ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

At the risk of giving this thread more air time than it truly deserves, you need to listen to it a fifth time - from the time that the third City goal is scored to the very end. You’ll then delight in hearing the quote which prompted this thread. 

If you need to listen to this clip for a sixth+ time then a visit to an otolaryngologist may be worthwhile ;)

And whoever first picked up on it must have been on a high alert looking for something they could make a joke of just because it was women's football, a pretty desperate joke at best

14 hours ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

Unfortunately, due to 'rights issues', I have been unable to see this.

Is it worth trying again later in the week or just a play on words or something? 

It's just another churlish comment ... 'giving an inch' taken out of context, but it's the woman's game so you might fill in the dots?

And the the call for Rudolph I just don't have the words to express how much I like this post!

All a bit sad really. ????

11 hours ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

Have another listen Rudolf, it's definitely not there!!

Blue dress/gold dress, yanny/laurel.....Rudolph/Reading!!

7 hours ago, Xiled said:

Have another listen Rudolf, it's definitely not there!!

Blue dress/gold dress, yanny/laurel.....Rudolph/Reading!!

You might be listening for an actual mention of Rudolf? The entire quote that prompted the hilarity was "You cannot give her an inch".

6 hours ago, richwwtk said:

You might be listening for an actual mention of Rudolf? The entire quote that prompted the hilarity was "You cannot give her an inch".

Okay, apologies. I assumed that Rudolf was mentioned in conjunction with that line and I couldn't hear it or it had been changed.

I took our resident Lothario's words literally:

The commentator (as the last minute City equaliser is scored) says words to the effect of “Stephanie Salmon (?) ... you cant give her an inch “ then for some obscure reason, which I can’t understand, I’m mentioned.

All the best jokes need this level of dissection, confusion and explanation ?

Archived